1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 15, 2017.

1. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

A clean sheet would have been nice but we did the important bit.

Interesting that the win came after Monk reverted to a team that looked very familiar towards the end of 2016.

ellandback likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I dont know where youre getting Villa from. They are in real danger of relegation and are rubbish. Doubt if Bruce will see season out

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

4. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

A few posters have questions our fitness and energy levels after last nights win.

Other than O'Kane who is just back from injury and Hernandez who is still getting back up to full speed I couldn't see any noticeable difference. Both were subbed and their replacements came on with bags of energy so no excuses there.

What I did notice in the last two games is that our new wide players Pedraza and Barrow both need tactical work on our shape and system of play. Whilst they look dangerous in possession, defensively they are a little more detached from their full backs leaving them more exposed. I think Monk will find it difficult to start either of them whilst this is happening.

My dark horse all season have been Fulham. Personally I think when we go down there we will get beat which if we do will mean a massive scrap between us, Fulham, Norwich and Sheff Wed. Reading have a really tough run of fixture coming up as well so it's all to play for.

davy likes this.
  5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I think Taylor might struggle to get his place back, because Beradi is playing well.<ok>

davy, FORZA LEEDS and Whitejock like this.
  6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Think you missed out Sacko. He was completely out on his feet 10-15 mins from the end. Not surprising as he isn't quite match fit, and did a lot of work. But you can't sub everyone that's tired, I guess. There must have been a better reason for subbing the others. It did leave us without that left wing outlet, though, which contributed to us getting battered at the end.

I too fancied Fulham for the playoffs, but I'm distancing myself from that suggestion just a little now. For me it was all about banging in loads of goals & being on a run after a slow start. Think they've lost a bit of momentum now, but you never know! :D

Agree about the new boys. Still cannot understand why Ped started on Saturday.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  7. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

he certainly did last night.

Irishshako likes this.
  8. Whitejock

Berardi adds a lot of steel as LB. He quite simply scares the living daylights out of people. He seems to get criticised for not getting as forward as Taylor, but I think most people are thinking of Taylor last season, rather than this. He has been no better than adequate this season, with the odd flash. He has shirked a lot of tackles too. Berardi has made the spot his own, and I only see Taylor getting the spot back if Berardi is injured or suspended. I'm also a little biased. Taylor is dead to me.

9. Whitejock

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  10. Whitejock

11. davy

davy Well-Known Member

It's OK though 'cos we're gonna stuff Brighton on March 18th. Speaking of which, if I was to manoeuvre a jaunt across would one of you kind gents be able to sort me a ticket come the time? I'd rather cheer with one of our own than by myself.

Only caveat is, I might barf on your feet - thinking of meeting up with the young lad day before for Paddy's Day. Only joking. :bandit:

12. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Jock, why isn't he match fit?

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

14. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

One day they will realise that they have to sack wenger,or spend money that they do have.,
    Same vid could be used for barca,fookin hilarious pasting they got.

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Yeah, the bastwards let me down on my accy yesterday. Got a good mind to right a strong letter of displeasure to em

16. Whitejock

Not quite. He's been dropped from the squad, far less the team a few times recently, and even when he plays, he rarely gets the full 90 mins. So you can't expect him to be at his peak of fitness or stamina. And it showed, But let me be clear - he worked hard. He wasn't hiding.

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Elland & Eire I am the shrewdest bloke on here and will make you eat your words. Im betting Steve Bruce will have Villa somewhere near top 6 by April. If Im wrong no worries I'll just be like Leeds 60

18. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

That's what I like about sacko. He's infuriating in possession, but he really puts in a shift, works hard off the ball and is always showing for the ball and making runs. He keeps defenders stretched and edgy in a way that not all wingers do. Roofe is a better ball player but doesn't offer that if playing wide, Dallas gives stability but doesn't stretch teams... barrow I haven't seen enough of.

19. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should write to steve Bruce and offer him some tips... that should do the trick

Whitejock likes this.
  20. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Can I take piccies of this and the second round, too? :emoticon-0172-mooni