1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 20, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Silvestri's gone.....

please log in to view this image

Good luck to him. He sat on the bench without too much whinging.

Unfortunately his Leeds tenure will be overshadowed by refusing to play that time when he had that cat scratch!!!

This means that Farrell-Peacock has travelled to the training base in Austria to train with the rest of the team.

Did you know if Green were to leave the club, Leeds would have just one player over the age of 30!

Who can name him?

According to media reports Leeds, Boro and Hull have all had offers rejected for Bristol City's Joe Bryan.

City will do whatever possible to keep the 23 year old left back at the Ashton Gate Stadium unless a silly offer comes in for him.

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Elland and all. Would Hernandez be the remaining auld lad? I can’t help feeling there has been too much change this summer. Ok, full marks to Rad for the overhaul but I think the 12 or 13 new additions, coupled with new coach and back room team are going to take too long to gel. It’s too big of an ask for any coach with no championship experience to have a new crew ready for start of season

ristac likes this.
  3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, was also thinking it would be a big ask, but looks like we are signing quality at least.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

And yes Hernandez is the old git...

5. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Morning all. It's written in the stars that Leeds get promotion in 2019 the centenary year. So this coming season is for bedding down new structures and players

6. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Morning Matt. <ok>

You have a PM!! <yikes> <laugh>

ellandback likes this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Good Morning and thank you mystic Lee

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Stevo....

Millwallsteve likes this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Unlike Eire I have a really good feeling about this season. If I look at the goaly situation properly I get why Green would want a move. His career is ending & he cant sit on the bench & waste it, so if Felix is No1 then ok Green deserves to go. We will replace him with a good No2.

At the moment we have a Monk team & a Tommy team & Tommy has to make a Leeds team from the pieces available. The quality is higher now than last season & having Monks team already in situ the integration will be fast

10. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

G'Day !!

The team has great promise ......... deep breath ....... and hope it all comes together in time

Being selfish I would prefer Rob to stay, at least until Christmas ... just in case, just in case

11. Eric Le Merde

Or win the PL :1980_boogie_down:

12. Eireleeds1

Dont get me wrong Doc, overall I too have a good feeling about the season in general. Im worried that we'll be playing catch up as usual though due to what I believe will be an inevitable bedding in time for the squad and management

Farsleyexile and Doc like this.
  13. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

morning all ... good luck to Silvestri, this move suits him nicely ... as I heard it Silvestri had a genuine injury for that Charlton game, a side strain, and then a group of players decided to latch on to this and fabricate injuries to not travel to the game ... this was done because there was a genuine hatred for Redders who didn't want to play the Italian players anyway, so unfortunately because Silvestri was an Italian signing he automatically got the finger unjustly pointed at him ... the lad was a hard working player in his time with us, he never complained and he loved it at the club ... unfortunately he is not yet good enough, but he will improve and has the potential to become a top keeper ... I bear him no malice at all, and I really hope he is successful at Verona

let's be absolutely clear on one thing, our team needed huge improvement ... we were fully 18 points off autos, and way behind Brighton and Newcastle in terms of quality ... this has been identified, and the club have done sterling work in the transfer market to improve the squad ... add to this the fact that young talent is also being signed up means things are heading in the right direction ... yes, it takes time for new players to settle in, but at least with a new coach everyone starts afresh and there is genuine competition for the shirt ... I'm not expecting a promotion push this season, but I am expecting to see much better football than the battling performances from last season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  15. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Think we all share your concerns Eire.

However last year...Pontus, Ayling, O'Kane and Bridcutt came in late. In addition Hernandez took some time to get up to speed a he hadn't done a pre season. Sacko was new and Roofe had come from 2 Leagues below.

Those players are all now well and truly settled and integrated.

All the new players seem like they have the potential to make a difference and add quality to last years team.

So the main area of uncertainty surrounds the change of coach. From what I've seen and read so far, the focus seems very much on moving the ball around much quicker and players improving their first touch. We were slow and ponderous in possession last season especially at the back and when Phillips received the ball as the first playmaker, so he seems to be addressing that issue and trying to make us more dynamic.

It's way too early to be drawing conclusions and of course the fear is that TC proves to be to idealistic for the unforgiving League that is the championship.

We'll find out soon enough but until then it's better to be positive than negative. The mental aspect is hugely important in sport and the players will need to feed of the ER crowd to gain and retain that confidence.

16. Eireleeds1

Well, that shows your opinion of Silvestri Boggers <whistle>

17. BoggersMOT

He's a decent enough Keeper Eire. But given that we have just bought a new keeper, and that Silvestri couldn't dislodge Green as our No. 1 last season, where would he have been in the pecking order this season if he hadn't decided to move on?

Farsleyexile and Eireleeds1 like this.
  18. Eric Le Merde

Borussia Mönchengladbach are going to be a serious test today, I'm hoping for a good team performance but a win is going to be exceptional, we will learn where we need to improve and where we are good, early days but a stern workout nonetheless.

. Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 6.40.50 pm.png

19. BoggersMOT

Should be a good game Eric. Where are they in their pre-season preparations? Does their season start before or after ours?

20. Eric Le Merde

They start 11th August and have been in pre-season for a couple of weeks

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 6.54.34 pm.png