1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 25, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have sold the most number of season tickets since they exited the Premier League - 17,800 to date, an increase of 25%

MD Angus Kinnear: "It is clear that all money generated from ticket sales is going straight back in to improving the first team"

"Unlike Premier League Clubs who enjoy a vast income from TV, ticketing revenue is our primary source of income..."

Leeds have reportedly made a formal approach for Bristol City's Aden Flint.

The 28 yo central defender has been on Leeds radar for a while now. He is de to play in a pre season friendly tonight for City; it'll be interesting to see whether he still plays tonight.

Former Ajax winger Boban Lazic has revealed he’s been given a chance to sign for Leeds United. There have been reports in the past 24 hours the 23 year old is undergoing a trial with the Championship side.

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

According to Lee Sobet we're not interested in Flint, looks like he might be wrong again..

BillysStatue likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Agree with Ristac Flint isnt good enough and just paper talk.

On ticket prices I get why hes done it, but we've always been ripped off ever since Bates filled his bank account. Not going to please many fans this but you just have to say to yourself: We own the ground again, TA is being scrapped and a new Academy being built, ER going to be redeveloped and used for the community. Radz spent £20m on buying ER, he's also spent around £20m on new players so far with more to come. Hes doing everything we hoped for, but now seems the fans are contributing this season in buying players. At least you know where the money is going unlike under Bates.

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Tickets for Fulham home Tuesday 15th August are on sale now and are cat B prices.this is better as they finished top six last season and i think all midweek games should be cat B.Also friday night games and those awful midday sat and sun kick offs and the dreaded saturday 5pm should all be lowest priced.
    as for the defenders coming in i don't have a scooby doo.but we need a left back and central defender minimum.

5. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

morning all ... every single Leeds fan wanted investment in the squad, and now it's happening which is fantastic ... yes, ticket prices have increased, but Leeds need to fund themselves while in the Championship, and let's be clear here, Radz isn't exactly ripping us off ... if we can get off to a good start then Elland Road will be rocking every game

don't get this fascination for Aden Flint from Leeds fans on social media, the guy isn't good enough ... there's a reason he went from Swindon to Accrington, and he only ended up at Bristol because they were desperate ... anyway, everyone knows absolutely fcuk all when it comes to transfers because Radz doesn't leak like that Ronald McDonald impersonating talcum powder sniffer we had previously

Lazic posted pictures of himself on instagram in Leeds training kit that were then posted on twitter by fans of Dutch clubs ... Volendam are trying to sign him along with a few others, but he has chosen to try out for Leeds instead ... there's another young 'un named Toni who is here from I think Rayo Vallecano in Spain, will check

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

7. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

I think Flint would compliment Jansson and we would have depth in the CB area, Cooper can go to Fleetwood or somewhere then and I'll be happy

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Cooper would be lucky to get game time at Guisley

The-Don likes this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Love those proposed new graphics for around the ground. Just pity I didn’t get the gig of printing them. I just don’t get the whingeing by a few on social media and here about minor price increases. Would you rather pay last years prices and have zero investment in playing squad or Elland Road. Ffs rads done what we all wanted. 40m spent this summer. About the same amount beardy took from the club during his decade of pillaging

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Compliment Jannson, no way Flint is shyte & £4-5m for him is another joke, we could get Bartley back for that. Telling this morning that Pintus said he likes the look of Pennington & will enjoy playing with him. bringing Lees back would be a winning move

Farsleyexile likes this.

11. BillysStatue

Cooper is better than Flint ... there, I said it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marcos Barber and Whitejock like this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

just had a look at preston tickets and they are flying out.cheese wedge nearly sold out and north stand is getting there.by the time they go on general sale won't be much left but east upper and odd bits of west stand which is also selling well.
    the same cannot be said of Oxford tickets as plenty are left.be interesting to see how many turn up.

13. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Ordered my Fulham tickets today

14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Have to take all your words on Flint, I know absolutely nothing about him and conflicting reports on whether we are interested in him or not.

15. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Evening all. I see Taylor has gone to mighty Burnley. Not a great move IMHO. But good luck to him. Any idea how much we got for him?

16. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Rumour is 6-7 mil

17. lifecheshirewhite

Tribunal to decide,so nothing yet.

18. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Didn't go to tribunal the 2 clubs have settled between them £6-7 mil

19. BillysStatue

The player I was thinking of is Toni Villa of Real Valladolid ... Leeds looking to buy him for around Euros 4m and then loan him out to Cultural Leonesa for the season ... Leonesa have Ivan Bravo as a Director, and they're owned by Aspire ... they won promotion to Spain's second division and are putting an affiliation deal in place with Leeds that allows players to go on loan

http://bit.ly/2tHguF0

Charlie Taylor fee agreed between the clubs to avoid tribunal, so considering that WBA didn't want to pay more than £5m for Taylor, Leeds should be getting at least £6m from Burnley plus add-ons like sell on percentage, number of appearances and international appearances

Farsleyexile likes this.
  20. BillysStatue