1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 27, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

It is believed that Leeds Utd have three players on their radar, but not the players we assume!

Recent press reports suggest that Aden Flint is the number one target, however the people in the know refute this.

The identity of the players are being kept a close guarded secret, unlike in previous years where we would know the identity before the actual player themselves!!!!

Who do we think they are?

Meanwhile the papers report that Leeds will fight it out for the signature of Burton Albion's highly rated midfielder Jackson Irving. The Australian international is 24, is 6 foot 2 and has an eye for goal.

Surely though, we have enough midfielders?

Another rumour that won't go away is Snodgrass! Would anyone like to see him back?

BillysStatue likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Matt
    And Co. Heading off for a days sight seeing. Think I’ll wait to comment when club have done the business. Saw somewhere club stuck a huge price on Wood but can’t find a link anywhere

3. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Good morro people

From what I understand we are after a CB that Swede from Bologna and an unkown Striker who is not Negredo cos the wage demands are too high. The LB position has gone quite for a few days and Bryan's name hasn't been mentioned lately.

On Irving joing and the amount of midfielders, I can see Phillips going on loan to Oxford it free up a place however the midfielders we've got can play in a multitude of positions so i could be we've not fully seen the TC visions

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning girls, I dont think midfield is what we're looking at and if anything we will be shedding at least 2 from there. Hearland the swede is looking more possible if Swedish & Italian press are to be believed and story that Hearland has requested a transfer wont go away.

Yannis Salibur is another striker I read about a couple of weeks ago but discounted, but a huge number of stories for last 2 days from his French club fans, French media & Italian media as a few Italian clubs chasing him. His price quoted as £12m seems a bit rich for me but compared to the prices we have for Championship strikers now is not bad, especially now we have the Taylor money. Wiki has him as a midfielder but most press have him as a striker & if you check out his goals on You tube ....

The Left back I'm not seeing or hearing anything but Lees & Elphick, but again no idea

Dario Del Fabro who Cellino brought in and got 1 game for us, has just signed a 5 year deal with Juventus

5. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Morning all.

How ironic that we are still looking for another CB the week Dario Del Fabro signs a 5 year deal with Juventus.

6. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Sorry Doc you beat me to it.

Doc likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Same thing if we end up buying Tom Lees who to be fair was pretty good for us but sold to Wendies & improved as would be expected from a kid. I hope we do the deal. Not sure I want Snodgrass back though as he failed at West Ham after being great in a smaller Hull pond.

xbpod likes this.
  8. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Evening, I can see Bridcutt, Antonsson and Doukara moving on and, as you say, Phillips going out on loan (6 months, is that still possible) so Irvine may make sense (and he is Australian:emoticon-0148-yes:) as an attacking midfield option.

Snodgrass good days were had but move on. Reminds me a bit of Ells meal at Taco Bells, once was good but not after being recycled.

Helander would be good and a left back but who.........

9. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Could you use this Swansea offer for Wood as a bargaining tool for Bartley - straight swap?

10. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Now I know you are really a comedian, even without Mighty :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Farsleyexile and Irishshako like this.

11. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Not sure we need any more midfielders for the moment. What I think we need is another CB & a quality striker.

On Snoddy, would be a good addition. But not certain we'd now have a confirmed place for him.

12. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

morning all ... it really is funny how the media have no clue who Leeds are signing next and so the "rumours" are wide of the mark every time ... on Wood, there has been no price set by Leeds because they don't want to sell and no offers have been made ... the £20m figure is another one of those twitter things started by fans making comparisons with other transfer fees ... of course, as always, football is a world where every player has a price

Snodgrass has been a bit injury prone, and I can see him struggling to complete a full season in the battleground that is the Championship ... for me, I wouldn't want him back at Leeds, we need to move on and keep building with younger talent ... our club has done well this close season and it is unrecognisable now

I joined this forum way back when it became the platform to voice our dissent at Bates taking over and how he was going about raping our club ... when I reflect on those dark days and the decade of pain we've had to endure since then, I can only but thank Radz for giving us our club back ... finally we have genuine reasons to be optimistic and to believe again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning pal. Club put a 20m price on him earlier in the Summer I believe.

14. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Definitley hoping for some news on a CB and a LB pretty soon.

Mirror ran a story on Leeds slapping £20m tag on woods a couple of days ago.

Don't think Salibur is a striker, just chips in with a few goals. Hard to us us chasing another midfielder, but who knows with these irving links... or maybe they're getting their jacksons mixed up from previous links to borthwick-jackson, which would make more sense.

who knows, all too confusing... best to wait until someone actually signs!

15. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Can't believe as an estate agent your quoting an out of date valuation.

You should be applying your expertise to evaluate that there has been a major shift in the market in recent weeks and also he's had a haircut which greatly improves the general outlook and desirability.

So 40m at least I would say.

16. patb

patb Well-Known Member

Leeds sign Bulgarian sensation Kun Temenuzhkov from Barcelona

17. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Not keeping up with things.
    Has wood been sold yet?. If it happens what would everyones thoughts be?

18. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

That's a good question about Chris Wood and it's something that actually needs resolving a lot quicker than some may think.

As far as I'm aware his contract ends 30/06/2019 so we should be seeking to renew his contract this summer or he should be sold now whilst we would get in the region of £20m+. Any club waiting until a player has only one year left risks losing a significant amount of his true value.

So to answer the question...offer a new contract of 3/4 years and if it is declined/stalled upon then sell to the highest bidder before the end of this transfer window.

We have an owner now who would reinvest in the team and not trouser the money. I'm inclined to think we could actually improve as a team/squad if we did have to sell Wood.

19. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

SOLD !!

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Very true. Afternoon Jammy...