1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Chairman

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Apr 23, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

As you know I've always given the chairman my full backing, so much so we try and run the site in the same manner, but as is natural we all like to have a moan from time to time including me.

So let's gauge current feelings from all not606 members and get open and honest frank views but try and leave out the insults.

I just feel this season has been an utter shambles, we appear to have spent our budget but are worse off than when sacked MA some season back, basically we have not moved forward on the pitch or off it, despite a five year plan.

Pricing, I see nothing that is serious other than what I personally class as gimmicks as getting fans in the ground at affordable pricing at every game and money up front from them supporters, I've even gone to the lengths on threads of offering my own input into what can be done to change that.

The player of the year awards on the pitch is an embarrassment. Not sure who's idea that was or if it was down to budget, but if i was a potential future investor, i would want who ever suggested the idea sacked!

I'll leave the rest of the thoughts to you people...

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Mr Scally is a brilliant businessman
    OK - and I'll try not to insult. I have no personal axe to grind. I respect that Mr.Scally has a personal life outside football - he has my sympathy for the tragedies that have befallen him (the loss of his son). and his health problems and any moments of personal unhappiness. I also greatly admire his charitable work with Take Heart. My thoughts are confined to GFC as it relates to the Club and its' fans.

When Scally came to Gills, he did save the Club - or rather his business skills did. He persuaded creditors to take [ I believe it was 16 pence in the £], a huge loss on money they were owed. No doubt he told them that it was better than no money - and the death of GFC ! ----- As a loyal fan, I was (am) grateful of Mr.Scally's ' business ' skills. I'm not so sure he would have been quite so successful in persuading creditors of another industry to take such a loss - I suspect that all the creditors were loyal fans of a football club -- and it's really only in football that people are blindly loyal !

Since his arrival, Mr.Scally has 'wheeled & dealed' his way through into his 3rd decade with the Club. He may have had a touch of luck in his early time - when the club got into the Championship - although I'm not so sure if any of his own money was used for the squad budget.

The ground saw a lot of improvement - which is nice - but I am sure finance has primarily been money from fans. There will be no more money spent on the current ground - unless it get's turned into housing !

Mr. Scally has urged us to remain loyal and attend games and pay the high ticket prices ( compared with most in L1 ) - and yet he spent several years in sunny Dubai and did not attend games - where my body appendages were being frozen! What was he doing in Dubai - He tells us that he was looking for investment into the Club - some would say he was avoiding paying tax on his salary - (our money).

In more recent times Mr.Scally has spent much time in court or in one tribunal or another - because he has made several 'business mistakes' and/or has been too arrogant to admit his mistakes and has continued to argue that he was right - only to waste more of our money. Is CentrePlate the latest venture where our money is being used to do battle for his ego ?

On the pitch Mr. Scally has not attracted investment that will improve the squad ( any time soon ) - but I am stupid enough to remain loyal and will be back in August whether we are in L1 or L2. Scally has made some strange decisions ( sacking of MA a few months after the team won L2 ), and more bad decisions - such as delaying the sacking of JE - and going for the cheap option of appointing AP ( whose managerial skills are totally inadequate ).

I appreciate that the cheap option is the last (only) one available to Mr.Scally, because other stupid fans are now refusing to continue to pay dearly for the rubbish we're getting each week. Perhaps if Mr & Mrs Scally didn't take around £300,000 of our money each year - and actually put in some of his cash, then we might have some of our money to improve the management and squad.

Mr. Scally has alienated more fans lately, with his ticket price policy ( and giving away thousands of freebies ). Loyal fans are beginning to vote with their feet ! Scally continues to bleed us dry . He knows he can continue to take a huge amount of our money each year - because we are blindly loyal to our club. And if it all gets too much for him he can just sell up and become a property developer ! -- 'kerching, kerching, kerching !

Priestfield Stadium is a Scally gold mine - and it only cost him £1.

Mr.Scally is a brilliant businessman
    - it's just a shame that GFC won't see any dividend.