1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The Champions vs Man Utd

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BigFox, Feb 2, 2017.

1. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Oh yes I'm sure the Leicester fans on the LEICESTER board you have posted on will find it hilarious!

Ffs got all the twats coming out the woodwork haven't we

3. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

aw cmon........... all this "back slapping"?
    pride comes before a fall.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  4. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Thanks mate.

Him and Fosse are convinced I'm always here on the wind up and that I'm anti Leicester.

For the decent lads on here, I've no reason to be and I can remember coming on here wishing you all the best and telling you no matter what happens, the title can never be took away from you.

Peace.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I was being optimistic/hopeful. While we are not in the bottom 3 and have a few players missing then we are only 'in trouble'. If/when we fall into the bottom 3 even when we get all players back then we are in 'serious trouble'. It's a fine line that is getting finer every match.

6. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Sorry Jamba... Okazaki doesn't scrap for the team!?

He is the scrappiest player we have!!!!!!!!!

7. BucksFox

Boom, boom!

Yesterday he was back to his dizziest best. He just couldn't stay on his feet.

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Very disappointing all in all ... we were in it until are rather obvious central defensive vulnerability was again exposed ... both the first and second goals ... and Wes and Fuchs were continually plying their forwards onside or just not tracking runs.

Said it before and I'll say it again ... Claudio is being too loyal to certain players who were excellent last year ..

Wes, Drinky and Vardy were all abject yesterday ... Huth and Fuchs not much better ... our only invention comes from Mahrez and Gray - possibly Ndidi (he was a real positive) ... need to break the Huth / Wes partnership now.

Just my view but I'd go with this line up in the cup and if it plays well stick with it for the Swansea game

Schmeichel
    Albrighton Amartey Huth Fuchs

Mendy Ndidi

Musa Mahrez (free role as a number 10) Gray

Slimani

9. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The club is in a dangerous position right now in terms of Ranieri's employment. If the owners identify that he is the reason for our troubles then what do they do?

Ranieri gave us the best year of our lives in terms of supporting our football team. We owe him everything, but does that mean that we should applaud him if he's going to take us down?

This club has worked bloody hard and has spent a fortune getting back into the Premier League with an excellent squad and state-of-the-art facilities. We can't afford to be relegated, it's got the potential to seriously cripple us.

Do we suffer the embarrassment of relegation or the embarrassment of sacking the man who brought us the best year this club will ever have?

Hopefully neither. I do believe that Ranieri has the ability to get us out of this utter mess.

BigFox and FosseFilberto like this.
  10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

He ihas been admirably loyal to some individuals ... they need to start repaying his faith or he needs to drop them ... Danny Drinkwater and Vardy in particular ... Drinky didn't get a look in under NP in our first season back and Vards was played wide left ... Ranieri made them both automatic choices and in their favoured positions.

Very Big Week for us ahead ... hope we are up to it collectively <ok>

11. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure - there's never a dull moment being a Foxes fan these last few years!
    We're either in a relegation battle or fighting for the top of whichever league we're in.
    Oh for the dull mediocrity of a mid-table season! <laugh>

Jack Lesterfan and FosseFilberto like this.
  12. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I would like to see Ndidi and Mendy together. For me, Drinkwater goes either sideways or backwards with some tippy tappy football that gets us no where. And don't get me started on Andy King! I'm sorry, but did he actually touch the ball when he came on?! He goes missing time and time again!

13. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Kasper

Simpson wague Amartey Chilwell

Kapuskta king Mendy Musa

Okazaki
    Ulloa

Got to keep an eye on Saturdays huge game

14. HarboroughFox

Sorry, but King should not start for Leicester again!

15. BucksFox

I think Drinkwater is getting some unfair criticism here. He is the one player you can rely on to give his all every match. He gets through a huge amount of work both at the back and going forwards. He is the only one who has the ability to get out of a tight spot and who isn't afraid to offer himself for a pass under pressure and come away with the ball. The problem is that he is trying to do to much for the team. He's trying to provide cover on the edge of our area to protect Morgan and Huth and then he's trying to get up and support Vardy. Ndidi did start to show some desire to get forwards against United, but it came rather late in the match. I'm not sure Mendy, King or Amartey can play that role.

One of our main strengths is the quality of crosses that our wide men can produce, but that's of no use when we only have Vardy up front. If we don't have Leo or Slimani up there, then we struggle to create anything on the floor. The only (potentially) creative player we have in the number 10 role is Mahrez but I say 'potentially' because he hasn't done it yet. He needs to be more active and instrumental like Silva, Eriksen or Sigursddon.

Maybe going to a back 3 with Albrighton and Chilwell as wingbacks allows us to have one more in midfield and will relieve Drinkwater of some of the work.

Schmeichel

Amartey Morgan Huth

Albrighton Mendy Ndidi Chilwell

Drinkwater
    Mahrez/Gray

Slimani

LeicesterWizard and nzfoxfan like this.
  16. HarboroughFox

I would go for that. Will Amartey and Slimani be fit/available for Derby?

17. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Amartey available, Slim not fit, hopefully available for the Swansea match according to today's press conference.

18. nzfoxfan

Thought Armarty still had a third payoff game to go. Interesting that he is in the team of the tournament playing at centre back, a position he has yet to play more than once for his club.

19. HarboroughFox

That was last weekend NZ

nzfoxfan likes this.
  20. nzfoxfan

Hmm. We are a bit behind but not that far. I must pay more attention.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.