1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The chances of MS being here next season.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TIGERSCAVE, Feb 12, 2017.

1. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

But we all know anyone can win the league with Olympiacos.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The problem with getting Silva to stay around next year, is he'll know Ehab by the end of the season. :emoticon-0112-wonde

Howden Tigress likes this.
  3. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Reading this thread makes me wonder why Marcos Silva pushed so hard to come here in the first place. Although its not too difficult to see why he wanted to come here.

We played some decent football under Mike Phelan. Unfortunately we didn't do it often enough.

Ehab Allam backed Steve Bruce in every transfer window except for Andre Gray and Nick Powell. The last accounts show why Ehab baulked at buying Andre Gray. Does anyone seriously think we'd be better off with Nick Powell? We are a fairly well-run club with the important exception of the Allams' relationship with the supporters.

We were in a relegation battle but we had the team to stay up. A few quality additions in January and a change in the training regime would give us a better chance of staying up. That's what he's bought to the table.

Marco Silva has worked on a tight budget before and the sale of Snodgrass and Livermore bought in the extra players he needed. The proof in the pudding is in our performances so far. Once the team gets used to playing together I think we'll get better. The only small worry is City's problem of playing poorly against the teams around us. The next 3 games will tell us if that's a problem.

Keeping Hull City in the Premier League will look good on his CV but is unlikely to get him a top job in the Premier League. The only team I can see taking a gamble on him would be Arsenal. The rest would require more consistent signs of success. I don't know enough about foreign football clubs to comment. However, having got into the Premier League would he want to leave so soon?

Finally turning Hull City into a mid-table Premier League team for 2 or 3 seasons will look much better on his CV then jumping ship to a mid-table Premier League team.

I'll nail my mast to the flag and say if we stay up I think he'll stay for at least a couple of years.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Assem Allam backed Steve Bruce, Ehab Allam just couldn't wait to get rid of him.

5. Obadiah

I'm not surprised but you already knew that.

6. Mr. Shoes

Mr. Shoes Well-Known Member

Refreshing to see some sanity, objectivity, and logic for once.

I'm bored of the excessive vitriol for the owners and the giddiness for the coach.

Temper both emotions, reign them back a bit, and we are about right. We have a well run club managed by a conscientious coach, with a chance of staying up. Sadly, we have little goodwill and a real chance of going down.

I'm optimistic, but it's not the time to clutch at straws and fret about contracts and possibilities. It's time to get behind the team and put aside the past.

Some can't, and I respect that, but everyone else needs to turn up and make some noise.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  7. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

A well run club uses it's name.

A well run club has concessionary rates for children, teens, oldies & disabled supporters.

A well run club respects it's supporters.

A well run club communicates effectively

A well run club respects the local community.

A well run club would have a ticket office & make purchasing tickets a simple task & not an ordeal.

A well run club doesn't charge idiotic booking fees.

A well run club doesn't lie to it's customers.

A well run club doesn't make complete demographics pay for the supposed indiscretions of others.

A well run club plays by the rules.

A well run club doesn't increase ticket prices by up to 28%, sometimes higher (56%), on match days.

A well run club doesn't make threats aimed at it's supporters

We are a long way from being even close to be considered a well run club.

Our club is a shambles, the way it is run is a ****ing embarrassment & the blame for this lies solely on the shoulders of the owners.

Willson, FILEYseadog, mazzer and 5 others like this.
  8. Mr. Shoes

I think you missed my point.
    I was talking about finances and sensible purchases.

Not the mess and shambles of customer relations!!
    Read it in context and I don't dispute anything you say. We are prepared for the drop and ready to stay up. The rest needs a completely fresh start.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  9. Sir Cheshire Ben

I maybe should have added

A well run club, planning for the long term, doesn't sign short term loan players & a complete coaching team on short term contracts.

A well run club would have no need to use their training facilities & future income as security in order to obtain loans.

We are not a well run club.

10. Mr. Shoes

We sacked off a manager and have done really well to hold the fort and cater for the drop and staying up.
    It's not ideal, but it's a good effort considering where we find ourselves.
    I was very sceptical when I thought we were indulging in a fire sale, but having put aside sentimentality I can see sense.

PattyNchips2 likes this.

11. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

****ing hell :emoticon-0114-dull:

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  12. Sir Cheshire Ben

A well run club would have considered employing a young manager when their CV first landed in the post last August, they may well have even responded to it.

A well run club would have considered employing a young manager when their CV landed in the post, for the second time, in September. They, again, may have even responded to it.

A well run club would not have to wait for an agent to turn up demanding to see the Chairman in order to get him to read the CV of a good young manager whose CV had previously been sent to the club, without response, on two occasions.

A well run club would not resort to underhand & deceitful tactics when discussing contracts.

A "good effort" over a few days in January doen't make for a well run club.

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

A well run club wouldn't have Ehab Allam in charge.

FILEYseadog and Sir Cheshire Ben like this.
  14. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

away defeats to Chelsea & Arsenal are the last straw for me

Silva out

He Haw we trust

Kempton likes this.
  15. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Eeyore's more of a badly flushed toilet.

Kempton likes this.
  16. Obadiah

I think that refers to my post. All of the above relates to the Allams' relationship to supporters, which I purposely excluded in my post. I doubt whether that would have had much bearing on Marcus Silva's decision to come here.

17. Sir Cheshire Ben

Why would a post replying to somebody else be referring to you? You're really not that important.

I tend to skim over your posts as they usually offer unsubstantiated opinion as fact & are usually wrong.

18. Obadiah

That's a relief.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  19. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Marcus Silva?

You mean Mark O' Silver.

Obadiah likes this.
  20. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

this is off topic, but I wonder if fat sam losing his dream England job will force him to retire at the end of the season.
    I think the way he lost it, has broken FBS.
    he doesnt look as though he is up for it anymore.

great news for the club, and I know its of his own doing. But as a human, I kinda feel sorry for him.