1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The club needs a complete overhaul & re-brand!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Bigelow, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

So basically get a manager in who we couldn't get when we were looking for one, sack someone who hasn't been here more than 2 days because he's inept? WTF did he do yesterday to make him inept?
    I wonder what some of you lot are on at times. Small miracles might happen, but magic is just slight of hand & not real!

Kempton likes this.
  2. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, Tom Cairney isn't a product of our academy system, he spent far longer at Leeds.

nbetiger and Steve.R like this.
  3. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

As a child. They let him go because he was judged to be too short to be a pro footballer.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  4. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

9 years in their academy and 2 years in ours, its pretty desperate if we are trying to claim that he's one of our own.

5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

True <ok>

6. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Would Cooper get in our team ?

7. Tickton Tiger.

My point is that besides Cairney none of the players mentioned have been a loss to City and none of them would get anywhere near our current first team squad so I don't see what the argument is.

8. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Hard to disagree with.

The main functions of the academy is to either provide players for the first team or to generate money in sales to benefit the club: ours have done neither (unless you count Cairney, cash wise).

That said, I see our academy at something like Year 0 +1 and as we've been upper championship or Prem for nearly a decade, it's a long jump from a sub standard youth system (with a limited pick of our own local talent) into that level of football.

It's been discussed on here previously, but I still hear very negative comments about the school age teams too from parents - that needs sorting.

Brucebones likes this.
  9. cdtiger

cdtiger Active Member

But you didn't say that, you said they wouldn't get into the North Ferriby team and l pointed out that they all played at a higher level. If you had said what you said in the later post I would have mainly agreed with you.

10. Bengals Tiger

Bengals Tiger Well-Known Member

Sleight

11. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

You seem to think improving the facilities and a bigger working budget is suddenly going to turn turds to gold overnight.

It will be years before the work in the academy starts to pay off.

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I thought I'd made it clear I didn't think that.

But it doesn't appear to be true, as we're frequently told, that our wonderful new academy has already started bearing fruit. We produce less youngsters now than ever. Half the ones we've got are bought in from other academies, and Tymon is the only one anywhere near the first team, and he still seems a long way off playing a league game.

13. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Tymon did enough last night to suggest, to me at least, that he could play a PL game without too much drama.

14. Tickton Tiger.

Its irony FFS, lighten up man, my point was, is, and always will be that some people bang on about how poor our youth policy is ( was) and the facts are that as a club we have moved up the leagues quicker then our young players have progressed. Hence those considered 'promising' in the lower leagues are no longer so at the current level. Not there fault, and I hope they all go on to make a living out of football at the level they are comfortable with. But to keep harping on as though City have snubbed these lads and have ignored them or not given them a chance is nonsense.
    For the record our Academy is probably is in the best shape it has ever been in and we have half a dozen lads in there who have a real chance of making the first team.
    And no-one has been able to say that for a long time.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  15. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

This is a key fact^ ...... no-one since Harold Needler had ever spent any significant money on our youth system until the Allams took over, we went rattling through the leagues under Pearson & Bartlett & Co, improving the first team all the while yet spending next to nothing on our grass roots - we've been top heavy for years and, I think, will be for quite awhile to come. We only have to look at our first team players struggling in the PL to see the huge gulf in class; when we can get a few home grown players appearing regularly in the Championship is the time we'll be able to say the investment is finally paying off.

16. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

I think the club needs overhauling but a rebrand? Just **** the Allams off

PLT likes this.
  17. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I think if they **** off, then new owners would move everything back as quickly as possible, it's just the longest 24 hours EVER!

PLT likes this.