1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The CM dilemma

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Jul 29, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Great that we've signed Lacazette. Also Kolansinac looks like a great bit of business and hopefully we can get the Lemar deal done and hang on to Sanchez (even if he walks on a free next year)

But for me the CM issue is still outstanding and we need to sign a solid CM/DM in order to sure up the midfield. Last season when we switched to a 3-4-3, both Xhaka and Ramsey did well in there. But we're not going to get 38 league games out of them both. Ramsey is injury prone and Xhaka still looks likes he's always one tackle away from a suspension.

Also Santi .... what do we do about our little magician ? Do we wait and see if he can come back from injury or do we try and sign a replacement ? Ideally Wilshere would have been that player to take Santi's place, but he's always injured and it looks like his time at Arsenal could be coming to and end.

For me Coquelin and Elneny are squad players. Good to have at the club, but not first team material.

So what are our options ? I'd love to see us sign William Carvalho, Leon Goretzka or Jean Seri who have all been linked to the club. All different types of player, but who would all add much improvement to the centre of midfield.

Thoughts ?

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

When you look at the top sides do any of them carry players like Coquelin or Elneny in their squads? Nope. These are not good enough IMO.
    Bayern have players like Martinez and Renato Sanchez on the bench. Barca have players like Rakitich, Turan and Rafina - on the bench.

You need depth throughout the side.Not just numbers but QUALITY.

We still need a clear out. I worry that Wenger doesn't have the balls to admit a signing he made wasn't good enough so we keep hold of them and that stops potential replacements coming in.
    Its crazy to think that Debuchy, Campbell & Jenkinson are still Arsenal players for example.

OUT: Gabriel, Elneny or Coquelin ,Debuchy, Jenkinson, Akpom, Campbell, Gibbs (and reluctantly Perez) They need to be moved on ASAP.

To replace Cazorla -I would sign Fabregas again, or Rafina, Isco someone of that quality as I am not convinced we will see Cazorla back this Season.
    To replace Coquelin/Elneny - Grzegorz Krychowiak, Martinez, Carvalho, Goretska or Matic.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    PINKIE likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Matic looks like he's off to Utd. Good signing for them.

Sir Tennisball likes this.