1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Countdown - or rather the count UP.

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by devonFRATTONiser, Jun 1, 2013.

1. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Southwest Airlines Flight 2294 (SWA 2294, WN 2294) was a scheduled US passenger aircraft flight which made an emergency landing at Yeager Airport (CRW) in Charleston, West Virginia, on July 13, 2009, after suffering a rapid depressurization of the passenger cabin. The aircraft landed safely with no fatalities or major injuries to passengers and crew. An NTSB investigation found that the incident was caused by a failure in the fuselage skin due to metal fatigue.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  2. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

2295 Royal Winnipeg Rifles Cadet Corps, Canada.

Hey Anti - just returned from a four day stay in Bath, at a very nice boutique hotel, celebrating with family both my retirement and 'important birthdays' for both eldest daughter and yours truly ! Had some lovely meals out, and did a lot of walking. PFC have at last secured a play-off place, so the lottery of the play-offs awaits us. Thoroughly enjoying my freedom from the monotony of work so far, although at this stage it hasn't fully sunk in yet. It still feels like I am "bunking off work" <laugh>

3. antipodean exile

antipodean exile Well-Known Member

2296 Kugultinov, provisional designation 1975 BA1, is an asteroid in the asteroid belt about 22 kilometers in diameter.

Greetings Woopert - I also have just returned from a sojourn for me it was Tasmania where I took the minister for lust finance and tourism for an 8 day self drive tour - many congrats on joining the retirees club you will do doubt find out that you will be bemused as to how you time to work a fulltime job - congrats also on your guys reaching the playoffs so its head down and arse up and make sure you get promoted although L2 is so unpredicatable with sides losing games they should be a shoe in winning just ask Greenie he's going though it as you guys have - lovely sunny autumn day with temps in the mid 20's but we do need rain and a bucketful its been very dry and Tasmania was in drought - darts night tonight the wife has gone down to see her sister in the country leaving me (on our wedding anniversary) to go to darts in search of a plump bird!!!!!!!!! glad the pavement pounding has started again avagoodweekend ATB.

4. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Alyce 2297 - Gorgeously patterned floor-length dress by Alyce Paris. You`ll make a big first impression when you show up in this unapologetically dramatic Alyce 2297 Paris gown! Contrasting floral patterns are crowded along its fitted bodice, which features a sharp V neckline. They continue down the long, fitted sleeves and even stretch onto the skirt, which culminates in a lovely sweep train.

Evening Anti - have you got Channon's mobile number, only I reckon he would look great in this dress. Anyway, been a lovely sunny day today. Getting into gardening at last, and rather enjoying it. Just purchased my ticket for the play-offs Dockyard Derby match against Greeny's mob. Hoping to buy the empty seat next to mine for younger daughter, when "window" opens next Monday. She has never been to Wembley, so fingers firmly crossed we can get through the Semis. As Greeny has said (on many occasions) they are a bit of a Lottery !
    Have a good day.

5. antipodean exile

Globular cluster NGC 2298 was discovered by James Dunlop on May 30, 1826 and cataloged as Dunlop 578.
    This cluster is probably a former member of the Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy discovered in 2003.

G'day Woopert - Sorry to see that you lost your playoff with Plymouth and judging by comments from both sets of posters differing opinions on the style of play. Nice to see our lot gained Europa status under our own right lets hope its a better attempt than this seasons lame attempt. 6 weeks to go before boarding Singapore Airlines to Londinium for a 3 week visit one week with my bro one week on the road and one week with my sister - unknown if I will get a game in but am coming back from December 19 till January 20 with the whole family for an English Christmas should get a game in over that period especially with 3 of them going to Iceland to see the Northern Lights. Leaving me to imbibe at The Bell and go to footy how very sporting of them - Hurrah. How is retirement ? sleeping in ? staying up even later ? wondering how you managed to have time to work ? hope its as enjoyable as mine ATB:emoticon-0103-cool:

6. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

2299 postcode for Jesmond, Lambton and North Lambton (Newcastle), New South Wales (NSW) with map, local transport and hotel information.

Evening Anti - no trip to Wembley for us, oh well, there's always next season. Saints have done well, do you reckon they will have another player exodus again ? Always rumours in the newspapers about other clubs being after your players (and even manager) which must unsettle the fans.
    You might just get a pre-season friendly to watch during your first stay. Definitely some league games over Christmas <ok>
    Retirement is great thanks! Not getting up quite as early as when working which is nice, but thoroughly enjoying the fact that there is no pressure any more, rushing all over the island trying to keep on top of things. Some other daft buggar can do that now!!
    Have a good day <cheers>

7. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

The Fiat 2300 is a six-cylinder executive car which was produced by Italian automotive manufacturer Fiat between 1961 and 1969.

8. antipodean exile

Seaswirl Striper 2301 - well set up, 7 metre, offshore fibreglass boat with twin Evinrude 150HP Ficht outboards.

Greetings Woopert - as Phoenix rose from the ashes I have risen from my back after 22 days of minimal activity other than gazing at the ceiling. Chronic disc strain caused by lying on the floor and painting under a toilet cistern and pan - no darts for three weeks so all the plump birds were safe - was getting a bit squeaky bum as my flight is only 6 weeks away and it was so slow in getting better so no more risk taking until I return. Looks like Ronald "I honour my contracts " Koeman is off to scouseland they are saying it will be announced today - if its not one part of Liverpool its the other. I think we should change our song to "Pick yourself up dust yourself down and start all over again" feels that's what we have to do every year. hope your are enjoying evening walks with the long summer evenings upon you - we have just started our winter months and last weekend we got hammered for two days with a sever storm with rain winds houses falling into the sea I didn't give a rats I just lay in bed looking at the bastard ceiling - I hope retirement is all what you had hoped for ATB

9. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

HP Pavilion p6-2302ea Laptop.

Evening anti <ok> Hope you are fully recovered from your bad back. I see Ronny Boy finally went to Everton as manager. Wonder who your new "boss" will be. What do you reckon on David Moyes ? Changeable weather today. We are off to Dartmouth in South Devon beginning of July, renting a nice little place a few minutes walk away from the River Dart, and hoping that the weather gets a little hotter. Retirement still good after 8 weeks !
    Have a good day !

10. antipodean exile

Our executive two bedroom, two bathroom condominium, complete with private hot tub enjoys a superb “south facing” aspect with panoramic views to the ski slopes, the magnificent Monashee Mountains and the Big White Village Centre.
    Condo 2303 is a high quality 2 bedroom apartment with a hot tub.

G'day Woopert - David Moyes is an option whether the best who knows I just want one that will hang around a bit. Wanyama to the Spuds so on it goes.
    Looks like the "leave" campaign has won the day and of course the share market will react like its the end of the world although it does stuff superannuation funds around a fair bit. Off again on your travels lets hope the weather is kind to you as I have noted its been a tad inclement over this month.
    Winter is here now with cold winds although sunny all the plump birds are out as they can keep warmer than the lighter ones - so its off to darts for me tonight - hurrah.
    Enjoy your Devon break - ATB

11. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

SPANX Socks Rock Coil Weave Striped Sweater Socks 2304

Evening Anti - see your Aussie elections were close. Are you happy with the result ? You will soon be on your way over to the U.K. to see your family and friends. I bet you can't wait !! Why on earth are Saints letting their goal scoring Italian striker Graziano Pelle leave for a Chinese club ? I thought I read somewhere that Conte wanted him at Chelsea. He had an excellent Euro tournament, and I would have thought that with Charlie Austin and Jay Rodriguez both appearing to be injury prone, he was still an important player for you.
    Weather down here in Devon very changeable, but warm and mostly dry so far. Hope it continues. Great day for the Brits at both Wimbledon and at Silverstone today. Have a good day <ok>

12. antipodean exile

John Deere 2305 Compact Utility Tractor.

G'Day Woopert - The incumbents got in at the election I was indifferent as by now you get used to all the pre election promises then backflips. Pelle only had one more year on his contract and we apparently were not keen to extend it so I suppose it was in the interest of both parties if he legged it. Personally I liked him a good old fashioned centre forward and if Austin and Rodriguez break down again we could struggle up front. I voted for automatic promotion for your guys and see you did the same its high time you started your rise again enough of this League two business its surprising how hard it is to get out of that league. Just over two weeks to go before I am up up and away Sydney to Singapore I have ordered Roast Duck in Plumb sauce with rice and from Singapore to London Lamb shanks both meals washed down with a cheeky shiraz hopefully. I only have a 50 minute layover in Singapore so no time to go to the lounge and top up at the bar mores the pity. How was Devon did you manage to get the bucket and spade out and put your kiss me quick hat on ? Weather here a bit chilly at the moment with a cold wind but its sunny which helps - first swim for 6 weeks today God I was rusty - Retirees rule ATB:emoticon-0103-cool:

13. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Summary of H.R.2306 - 112th American Congress (2011-2012): Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011.

Hey anti <ok> - how are you finding things in good old England ? Looks like a week of wet/windy weather, hopefully improving by the weekend for Pompey's first match of the season. See from another thread that you are on a mini tour of southern England & Wales. Whereabouts are you visiting in Devon ? We are going back to Dartmouth in September for 10 days - we love it down there. We had lovely weather in July, and hoping for the same next month.
    Have you been able to obtain any tickets to watch Saints at St. Marys Stadium before you return to Australia ? As you say, PFC have got to get promotion this season, and hopefully have put together a better squad ready for this season's attempt. Who knows eh ?
    Hope you enjoy your visit to the old country.

14. antipodean exile

2307 - The number of hours spent in traffic queue's on a 22 day visit to the U.K.

Greetings Woopert - well that was a lightening visit so am going home to have a holiday. Not one alcohol free day in the whole time and just about every morning woke up a tad dusty. The trip to West Wittering was a standout 3 hours to get there hit Chichester and then queued all the way to WW to find a charming secluded beach only known to about 8000 others. Good to see you guys getting your first win we await ours. Fonte is rumoured to be on the move when does it all end. I spent a week in New Malden with my brother then went to Membury nr Axminster to see a mate then it was off to Carmarthen to see "Uncle" Ivor from there to Newport Gwent to meet an ex Gay Landlord of mine then went to Marlow in Buckinghamshire to visit an old girlfriend and have lunch at the Compleat Angler and the only way she could get there was to have her sister and husband chaperone us (her husbands demand) how nice to be considered a threat at my age. Glad you enjoyed Devon and hope the revisit has good weather - did'nt get to St Mary's but will have more time at Christmas when over for over a month - look after the old dart till I return cheers and ATB:emoticon-0103-cool:

15. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

ASUS PIKE 2308 is the PCI-E 3.0 high performance and high reliability enterprise SAS 6Gb/s solution. It also can be backward compatible with existing 1.5Gb/s SATA and 3Gb/s SAS/SATA products and infrastructure and allows to create RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 1E and RAID 10. PIKE 2308 can immediately enlarge the capacity, improve the performance, and strengthen the signaling, making it the great upgrade option.

Hi Anti - regarding the above, you learn something every day ! Hope your back is easing a bit. Nothing worse than laying on your back without a plump bird to keep you company. Weather still pretty good over here, and hoping it lasts for our trip next Thursday down to the West Country. Did you get in any trips to London whilst staying in New Malden ? We were up in Essex for a week not long ago, and visited Greenwich for a day. Really interesting place.
    Have a good day <ok>

16. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

2309 National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Department of Energy [R-08.2012]
    Ownership of an invention made pursuant to a U.S. government contract may be vested in the contracting government agency. The Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences (Board) determines two such ownership contests using interference procedures: for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), 42 U.S.C. 2457 (inventions having significant utility in aeronautical or space activity), and for the Department of Energy (DoE), 42 U.S.C. 2182 (inventions relating to special nuclear material or atomic energy).

17. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nokia 2310. A nice little phone in its day.

18. antipodean exile

Lady Tasman Polo Style 2311
    Moisture removal microknit, snag resistant easy care fabric. Contrast under collar giving the illusion of a pipped edge, with side panels and highlighted detail on sleeve and placket.

Greetings Woopert - well December approaches and the question will my back be able to cope with a 24 hour flight - my Dr reckons with strong medication I will have no probs but I want the bugger better - going to see a man on Tuesday who is going to give me exercises to hasten recovery then an apt with a neuro surgeon on the 18/10 he has said he only operates on 10 percent of patients he sees the rest he lets time do the business. Your teams inconsistent performance must frustrate you but isn't that part of being a football tragic - we strive to be pi**ed off. Our run of good fortune will be put to the test today with our trip to Leicester I watched the game in Israel it was dire - they were all built like brick outhouses and didn't mind a bit of needle. Had three and a half weeks without any alcohol when I first did my back didn't lose 1 gram in weight so sod it its back on the grog again for me - darts again Friday week - plump is the word - the bloke who runs it is a scouser and he thought he had sinusitis being its that time of year but it turned out to be a brain tumour - an 8 hour op and they didn't get it all so its chemo and radiation his surgeon said it was a very aggressive cancer and wouldn't have been there 3 months ago - bloody hell mate take every day you never know what lies round the corner ATB:emoticon-0103-cool:

19. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

2312 is a 2012 science fiction novel written by Kim Stanley Robinson. It is set in the year 2312 when society has spread out across the solar system. The novel won the 2013 Nebula Award for Best Novel.

Hey Anti - How is your bad back getting on ? Hopefully, some good news from your neuro surgeon ? Saints appear to be raising their game at the moment, whilst Pompey are currently indifferent from match to match. Who would be a football fan, eh ?!

When are you able to buy a ticket for a game at St Marys over Christmas/New Year - can you do it online easily enough from down under ? You should be able to fit a couple of matches in during your festive trip. Have a good weekend <cheers>

20. antipodean exile

2313 Inc. was founded on the true entrepreneurial spirit. We believe that with hard work, dedication & values we will continue to get results. We started with a small group of people in 2003 in Columbus, Ohio.

Evenin' Woopert - My back hopefully by the middle of next week will be on the road to a recovery. Operation due early Tuesday morning with discharge late that same afternoon. Its a Lumbar Micromidisection which involves a 2 inch incision in the lower back then they put a pipe into the incision with a camera in it the instruments go alongside and in half an hour after the protruding disc has been trimmed releasing the pressure on the sciatic nerve the nerve will start to repair - hurrah!!
    I source my tickets via my brother in law who being an ex Detective Chief Inspector in the Met has contacts which sometimes come in useful. With all this kerfuffle with my back I haven't had a gander at the fixture list but I will.
    Your lot are hard to follow and mutterings abound on team selection - Puel seems to rotate the squad pretty well and we are having a good run - I hate how we have to reinvent ourselves every season it seems.
    Now to fill in a plethora of forms before the op and disclaimers abound if it goes tits up - hey ho. Hope all well in your wood and retirement is all that you dreamed it could be - ATB:emoticon-0103-cool: