1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Daily Arsenal

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Thank you @Bodinki for your resounding endorsement of my prescient thread on the Leicester tragedy.

However, I will say that I have never laughed at LCFC, as Ashley Cole has openly laughed at Wenger and Arsenal. I will not judge Cole for laughing so raucously, as he has; he is entitled to his opinion, as are we all. Let us respect that.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
  2. Turkish club Fenerbahce are interested in signing Arsenal's 28-year-old attacking midfielder Mesut Ozil. (Daily Telegraph)

I think Pop-eye should go for it. He might win something with the Turks.

3. Arsenal defender Hector Bellerin, 22, says reports of interest from Barcelona are "flattering", but his loyalty lies with the Gunners. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Too right! If he leaves Arsenal and moves to a successful club, he will have to pull his ****ing finger out and start actually defending.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

At Barca?
    He wont have to defend at Barca.
    They dont know the meaning of the word.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I suspect that they'll change that next season.

6. Arsene Wenger Will Receive Huge Financial Backing at Arsenal in the Summer

According to French sports newspaper L’Équipe, (via Sport Witness), not only is Arsène Wenger set to remain as Arsenal boss, the Frenchman is set for an ‘unprecedented recruitment effort’ in the next summer transfer window.
    Reports in France suggest that Wenger is set to extend his 21 year stay at Arsenal and he will be given financial backing by the board in the summer in order to compete at the top level.

Wenger has received increased pressure from his own fans as Arsenal have suffered a massive dip in form in recent weeks, having lost four out of their last five Premier League matches, losing to the likes of Watford and West Brom in the process.

Despite this, the Frenchman is determined to prove his doubters wrong and he’s likely to stay at the Emirates for a least one more season and it’s been reported in France that Wenger will be given full support to attract the best players to the club.

L’Équipe have rubbished claims that Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette has already signed an agreement to join Spanish club Atlético Madrid in the summer, leaving the door for Arsenal to make a move.

Lacazette appeared to be on Arsenal’s radar last summer but the Londoners were unsuccessful in their bid to sign the forward. The French forward has been in blistering form this season as he has notched up 28 goals in all competitions, helping his side to the Europa League quarter-finals.

The report claims that Arsenal will need to splash out £50 million to secure the services of the Lyon’s main man but the board will be willing to pay the money to help Arsenal become one of Europe’s best teams once again.

(Source: 90MIN)

It's becoming clearer that Wenger is intent on clinging onto his job, despite it being clear to everyone (apart from the club's grasping and greedy owners) that he's a spent-force.

The sweetener for Gooners is that he's being promised unlimited funds to go out and buy his way to success. Trouble is, of course, that he's been given a huge pot of cash before now and either hasn't spent much of it, or couldn't encourage the players to move to the club.

Where are all of these World Class players that Wenger is going to buy?

If Arsenal don't finish in the top 4 this season, why would they want to move to Arsenal?

It sounds to me that the club is laying down the sugar-trail to keep the fans sweet when Mr Chips announces that Wenger is staying put, despite the clamour for his sacking.

Next season could be an utter nightmare for Gooners, with fans boycotting games in protest, and the club becoming an even greater laughingstock.

7. The Ginger Marks

Hugo Lloris ready to leave Tottenham to fulfil Champions League dream
    • Hugo Lloris frustrated at failure to play at European elite level with Spurs

Daily Telegraph

PINKIE likes this.
  8. SANCHEZ AND OZIL TALKS ON HOLD

Arsenal have put contract talks with Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil on hold until the summer, manager Arsene Wenger has revealed.

The pair have under 15 months remaining on their current deals and have been linked with moves away from the Emirates.

While Sanchez has remained quiet over his long-term future, Ozil hinted in January that his future at Arsenal was dependent on whether Wenger remained at the club. Wenger is yet to confirm whether he will stay at Arsenal beyond the end of the season when his contract expires.

When asked about the future of Sanchez, Wenger told beIN Sports: "At the moment we have not got an agreement. We have decided to focus on the end of the season and talk about it in the summer, it is the same situation with Ozil because once you don't find an agreement and it [the negotiation] lasts, it is not good so it is better you get it out and sit down in the summer."

Wenger has previously said that he would rather let both players run down their contracts and leave for free in 2018 than sell them for a fee in the summer.

(Source: Sky Sports)

I'm hoping that Arsenal do allow the contracts so that they become available on "a free."

I'm not sure that we need Ozil, but Sanchez would be a decent acquisition.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You think he'd move to Spurs?!
    If he stays in the UK, surely City, Chelsea or United would be the more attractive options (assuming all three qualify for the Champions League).
    1) Spurs are Arsenal's most bitter rivals
    2) Spurs will in no way match the wages that City, Chelsea or United could offer Sanchez. I doubt they would even match the wage offer Arsenal have offered Sanchez. They are likely to have CL football, which is a bonus, especially if Arsenal fail to qualify, but I cannot see him going to Spurs.

Arsenal will want him to move abroad, and will baulk at the idea of him moving to a rival, especially if its Spurs. I know there wouldn't be much they could about it if his contract is running low, but still....a move to Spurs? Not many have done that....I don't think either player would be that disrespectful to Arsenal, regardless of how they may feel about the club, especially when there would be no shortage of offers, for Sanchez at least, in the UK and abroad.

10. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

RVP had his concerns over Arsenal in 2012, turns out he was right.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.

11. Matth_2014

12. I may have been a bit cheeky, Bodi.
    ;)

13. The Ginger Marks

Stupid springs to mind.

PINKIE likes this.
  14. You're always thinking stupid thoughts, Mr Skids.

15. The Ginger Marks

I may have those at times but not between 02:35- 04:10 am like you...then I don't have a lodger keeping my bed warm. :)

16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Whoa there BooStinky <grr>... Leicester City are still setting records even now in their upward spiral ... Shakespeare the first Prem manager to win first three games with his team scoring 3 goals in each. First club to win their group stage in the UCL before conceding a goal. First English club to beat Sevilla in 2 years <whistle> First English club to turn around a first leg defecit to Spanish opposition in European competition in 12 years. First English club to sign Genk's best player making their subsequent hammering of KAA Gent in the Europey even funnier (when you think who Gent put out in the previous round) <whistle>

:cool:

17. Matth_2014

18. Granit Xhaka: "The results against Bayern were very bad but we are not that far off them & in my view they are on the same level as Arsenal"
    (Tweet)

<rofl>
    Superb! Comedy gold.

Lovearsenalcock and NSIS like this.
  19. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Hmmmm ... think there is granite between his ears as well as in his name <laugh>

20. Pixie won't be pleased that you've said that, Fosse. Not least of all because it's true.
    <laugh>