1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Daily Arsenal

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will sign a new contract keeping him at the club until at least 2019.
    (Daily Star)

Blimey! What a bummer for Gooners.

For us neutrals, not so much.

2. Arsenal forward Theo Walcott has the quality to captain England in the future, according to Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.
    (ESPN)

Who the hell is going to listen to that pip-squeak!

hilarious!.jpg

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  3. The Ginger Marks

The obsession grows!

4. The problem that weedy little Walnutt has, as regards the England captaincy, is the fact that it is populated by too many Spurs players, who will simply laugh at him.

Kane is the natural choice for England captain, I would have thought.

5. The Ginger Marks

Hardly, Walcot is the natural choice for his seniority and experience in Europe. Lame is a lightweight who is prone to bottling big games.

6. Crystal Palace 3 v 0 Arsenal

It wasn't the fact that the Gunners lost, it was the fact that the players didn't seem to care whether they won or lost, that makes this score-line so shameful.

Wenger looked anxious and broken, when he was interviewed after the match.

The Arsenal fans looked too shell-shocked to voice any anger. I think, for them circumstances have taken them beyond anger and they are numb to any emotion.

They are 6th in the table, and by the way things are unfolding, they may well be lucky to hold on to that spot. I hope they do, because I want them to suffer the humiliation of playing Thursday Night Football.

Arsenal's next game is against Middlesbrough, which is a spot of light-relief before a tough run of games to the end of the season, which sees them playing City, United, Spurs, and Everton.

7. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

i fancy Middlesborough to win that.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

They will be well up for their big game against us. Last NLD at the lane.

No doubt that means we will be up for it too though.

9. The Ginger Marks

Your cup final. <ok>

10. Absolutely!
    <laugh>

Any team has got to fancy a result against this Arsenal side.

11. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

**** off

12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I thought it will be Citeh vs Spurs in the FA Cup final, but I admire your confidence
    in the Goons to put aside their dire PL form in their FA Cup SF.

13. The Ginger Marks

14. Arsene Wenger says the uncertainty over his future is not affecting his Arsenal players, but admits their 3-0 defeat at Crystal Palace is "a big worry".

Wenger is out of contract at the end of the season and has been offered a new two-year deal, although he is yet to announce whether he will continue.

Sixth-placed Arsenal are seven points off the top four with eight games left.

"I've managed over 1,100 games for Arsenal and we're not used to losing like that," said the Frenchman. "We have to respond very quickly and not accept it."

Some travelling fans told Wenger it was "time to go", also singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" at the players, as Arsenal were convincingly beaten at relegation-threatened Palace.

Goals from Andros Townsend, Yohan Cabaye and Luka Milivojevic inflicted a fourth straight away league defeat on Arsenal - for the first time during Wenger's 21-season reign.

It leaves the Gunners in serious danger of missing out on a top-four finish for the first time under the 67-year-old.

"I understand our fans are disappointed and we all are deeply disappointed," he said. "It's very worrying and disappointing the way we lost the game. Palace were sharp, they beat Chelsea the other day, and that shows they have quality.

"We are in a difficult position. The game tonight doesn't help."

Palace wanted it more than us - Walnutt
    Arsenal controlled possession against their 16th-placed hosts, having 72% of the ball, but were unable to make that dominance count.

The Gunners managed just three shots on target, all in the first half.

"That's not Arsenal," said stand-in captain Theo Walcott. "It wasn't us at all. All we can do is apologise for that performance. Palace just wanted it more. You could sense that from the kick-off. We thought we had got out of this little patch and hopefully we haven't been dragged straight back into it. Judging on that performance, it looks like we have."

Allardyce takes advantage of Arsenal vulnerability
    Arsenal have won only one of their past five Premier League matches, losing three and conceding 11 goals in the process.

Palace boss Sam Allardyce said he had targeted their defensive frailties in the build-up to Monday's game, highlighting the space behind their full-backs for Townsend and Wilfried Zaha to exploit.

"We all know they are in a poor spell of results for the first time for years," said the former England manager. "The weaknesses with Arsenal have been defensively because they leave Shkodran Mustafi and and Gabriel really exposed. Nacho Monreal and Hector Bellerin play like right and left wingers, the wingers come inside with the centre-forward and they're just left on their own."

(BBC Football article, 11 April 2017)

15. The Ginger Marks

Rumours – Chelsea and Juventus working together to ensure Blues sign Sanchez
    April 11, 2017

Alexis Sanchez could be edging out of Arsenal this summer with Juventus and Chelsea two of the clubs keen to take him.

It seems that the two clubs could be about to work together to sort out a deal and it circles around Juan Cuadrado.

The Colombian is currently on loan with Juve from the Blues on a three-year loan deal, which according to reports the Italian outfit are keen on making permanent.

If the deal is done, Juventus are rumoured to be stepping aside for Chelsea to make a move on getting Sanchez to Stamford Bridge.

That would be a major boost for the Blues in their quest for the Chilean in what could be a busy summer for Antonio Conte and his backroom staff.

The Blues are looking to add to their squad with Champions League football next season and Sanchez could be a perfect fit for Chelsea.

please log in to view this image

16. Arsenal have offered Sanchez a new deal which could make him the highest-paid player in the Premier League. (London Evening Standard)
    It is going to be so embarrassing for Wenger and the Goonies when Sanchez rejects that offer!

I can see the contract talks now...

Wenger: "Please, you must sign zis contract, Sanchy. I beg you on my bended knee!"
    Sanchez: "I told you before, Mr Wenger... This is **** football club and you are **** manager!"
    Wenger: "Please, I beg you! You are ze only good player we haff! You leave and I am ****ed!"
    Sanchez: "You were ****ed long time ago, Mr Wenger! I kick myself every day I not see this!"
    Wenger: "Please, Sanchy! Look! I give you £300,000 every week, and you don't even haff to score goals! Popeye is only on half zat much, and he does **** all, too!"
    Sanchez: "I already tell you, stick contract up your ass, Mr Wenger! I can get same money from City and have manager who know the **** what he do!"

Lovearsenalcock and NSIS like this.
  17. The Ginger Marks

18. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

<laugh>

19. WENGER FUTURE - "NOTHING HAS CHANGED!"

Arsenal face a "massive" challenge to qualify for the Champions League, says boss Arsene Wenger, who added "nothing" has changed about his future.Monday's 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace left Arsenal in sixth place, seven points adrift of fourth-placed Manchester City with eight games left. Wenger, whose deal ends this summer, has led Arsenal to top-four finishes in each of his 20 seasons in charge.

On the top four, he said: "We might get there, we might not get there."

The Frenchman has been offered a new two-year deal, although he is yet to announce whether he will continue. Five defeats in their last 10 Premier League games have seen some Arsenal fans call for Wenger to leave the club. Asked on Friday about his own future, Wenger said: "What is happening at board level is not down to me. I focus on what is down to me, the performance of the team and what the fans are interested in is the performance of the team."

The Gunners are away to struggling Middlesbrough on Monday (20:00 BST). Wenger also refused to comments on reports that forward Alexis Sanchez had been offered a new £300,000-a-week deal. The Chile international, 28, who is contracted to the Gunners until the summer of 2018, was nominated for PFA Player of the Year award this week after scoring 18 goals and assisting nine in the league this season.

"I'm very happy because it rewards a very strong season if you look at his numbers," added Wenger. "He basically prefers to play wide rather than up front because he can get the ball more. He has to keep that balance between providing and goalscoring because he has both in the locker."

(BBC Football, 14 April 2017)

"We might get there, we might not get there."

Wow! With insights like that, it is little wonder that the Gooners refer to their legendary manager as Le Prof!
    <doh>

20. The Ginger Marks