1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The FA Cup Thread 2015-16

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Oct 26, 2015.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Did anyone else notice during the live text of the MK Dons v Chelsea match that some BBC researcher wrote the line.... supersub Bertrand gets involved for Chelsea and underneath was a video of Traore's goal.

Sadly, I subsequently can't prove I saw it, but I looked and looked at the time just to make sure I wasn't seeing things I shouldn't be. I've checked the line-up since. Chelsea don't have another Bertrand. Someone was either having a laugh or was way out of date ! :)

If it makes any difference, It was on mobile text [if they run a separate one to the desktop].

2. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

The super subs name is Bertrand Traore.....

3. TheSecondStain

Ah, so they're calling them by their first name now.

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

5. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Bournemouth was in Hampshire more recently. Arsenal v Spurs. Yeah, that would be good. I could do something more worthwhile than watch the Cup Final.

6. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

The next round... looking like a strong year, this one.

please log in to view this image

7. Missing Lambo

If Palace are going to win it they'll have to do it the hard way. Love to them beat Spurs.

Who are we tipping then? I've got a strong feeling for Everton. At my age strong feelings are rare, so I'm going to put five bob on them. (Cue B'mouth 6 Everton 0 ... apologies to all my Evertonian mates)

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Whatever the question...the answer is never Everton.

9. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Hope Spurs get the better of Palace! It is about time that club won another trophy maybe beating Everton or Manchester United, Chelsea, City or Arsenal in the final.

10. Missing Lambo

Which team would you like to see relegated next year?

11. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

No no no no no no no no, let's have some club that has never won it like Bompey or Palace. Plus I dislike Spuds intensely

12. The Ides of March

I am not a lover of Crystal Palace ever since they knocked the Saints out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup in something like 1966, so would prefer a Spurs victory there. Besides, what is there that is not to like about Spurs. Far more likeable than Chelsea with that ugly mug John Terry and the mind-numbing boring chants of their supporters, most of whom do not come from nearby Notting Hill but probably Basingstoke or Woking.

13. The Ides of March

That is easy. Chelsea, Chelsea and Chelsea, followed by Manchester United and West Ham!! That would be as perfect as it gets for me.

14. TheSecondStain

Nah. Arsenal first, easy. Got to blot that unfair copy book of theirs of never having been relegated, even though they actually were bottom of the division at one point and went into liquidation. Having been re-financed, they were re-elected to the old first division under false pretences, claiming long service to league football, something that Wolves, who finished two places higher than them the previous season in the 2nd division had a much greater claim. There has always been talk of bribery and backhanders even since. It certainly helped to give rise to the rivalry with Spurs as they were also victims of Arsenal's owner's devious methods.

Hence, Arsenal first out. Then ManU, to bring them down a peg or two again, and the same can be said of Liverpool. Far too cocky still, thinking they have a divine right to win leagues and cups. Chelsea can stay as they never really been a hugely successful club apart from the last 15 years, and besides, any club that knocks those 3 above off their lofty perches gets my good opinion. Similar goes for Man City. Pretty much a cup team and odd championship only before the recent huge investment, so they can stay for a while. Just as long as their supporters don't get cocky, and there's little sign of that. After many years of nothing, they know they are just plain lucky. WHU may be getting away with a cheap stadium, but they did win the World Cup 1966, so I can't wish it upon them. Not yet.

15. The Ides of March

So did Blackpool!! With Alan Ball. And Southampton with Terry Paine!!

16. The Ides of March

But apart from their dubious dealings of many years ago, we still love Arsenal and the diversity of their supporters.

17. TheSecondStain

Please exclude me from the we. I'm usually indifferent to any other team apart from those on the South Coast, but with Arsenal I can manage a genuine dislike if I make the effort. :)

The Ides of March likes this.
  18. The Ides of March

We are all allowed our personal likes and dislikes so that's fine with me SS.

19. Missing Lambo

This was really aimed at Fran's clear Everton loathing!

I've lived in the North West for 40+ years, including a 10 year spell in Liverpool and am very fond of Everton. Genuine supporters who understand football, unlike too many of the gobby brain-deads who support the other lot. I do know some great Reds fans, but en-masse they are just irritating, and on match days Essex accents abound. Don't get too many southern Everton fans.

As others have said, I'm more often than not indifferent to other teams and so the answer to my own question is "Anyone but us"!

20. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Seriously Ides. You should get banned.

Let's start a list for you. Others can add as they feel fit

1. Levy