1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The FFS Club - A Very Informal AGM 2016!!!

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Jon the Stripe, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Jon the Stripe

Jon the Stripe Active Member

I asked the club earlier and am waiting on confirmation, but i'm confident. :emoticon-0100-smile

old timer likes this.
  2. Jon the Stripe

Ok, our informal AGM will be held next Tuesday 7pm*. Venue: Merchants Arms, Eastville, if its sunny we can do it al fresco!

Please post here if you will be attending and please arrive on time if at all possdible. We look forward to seeing you, where among other things we will draw the winners of last seasons match worn shirts!!!

*There will be no second vote even if we get a petition with 4 million signatures
    please log in to view this image

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Sorry Jon start time to early wont be there

Jon the Stripe likes this.
  4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Unable to make the Tuesday. Shame it isnt on the next day say 6pm near the Mem to allow 90 minutes meeting/drinking time before we would make our way down to the Mem in time for kick off vs Villa. Turnout to the meeting would be bigger I would imagine. Oh well. To be honest, I wouldnt have anything to say at the meeting other than praise for all the work that you (and those who are helping you) have done <ok>

I wonder if I will get Lines shirt again!!

5. old timer

Jon can you confirm that these bank details are still current
    40-46-18 32107813
    if they are I will get my tenner paid in asap
    sorry I can't be with you on Tuesday but I hope you have a good and successful meeting

6. Jon the Stripe

Thanks mate i will confirm after i have met our treasurer on Tuesday. Good to have you onboard again

7. Jon the Stripe

A summary of last nights informal AGM:

Parrot gave Treasurers report:

We had 158 members join up in 2015/16 raising £1,575.68, Gasbill/other pledges/bank interest raised £1,731.13, Hospitality places sold raised £1,462.

Total paid to the football club was £3,972. with £1,585.75 carried over to next season.

Current bank balance is £1,636.36

My report:

Very proud to say in season 2015/16 we did very well yet again, we Sponsored 7 players, bought The Central Development Squad £1,000 worth of playing kit and Sponsored the Hartlepool home game and managed to carry over over £1500 to next season.

Since January 2013 we have raised over £17,000 and now Sponsored 29 Players, 5 First Team Home Games, 2 Youth Team Games, entered The 1883 Shirt Sponsors Draw (2015), supported The Central Development Squad plus raised more than a few quid for good causes along the way. We have also given away prizes to members totalling more than £10,000.

I'm pleased to announce our Sponsorship of Tom Lockyer for a fifth consecutive season, Tom was one of our first sponsored players and we are chuffed to be sponsoring him yet again in 16/17.

We shall look at sponsoring more players once other supporters/companies have made their choice in keeping with our philosophy of sponsoring lads who may not attract a sponsor.

Match sponsorship this coming season will be a patience game, if the club can get full rates and sell out then we will stand aside to allow those people first dibs otherwise our help will be non-productive. Having said that we look forward to hopefully sponsoring a game if the club are struggling to fill the hospitality suite for a particular game, but please bear in mind hospitality is selling at a rate never seen before.

Sadly, i have to report that the Central Development Squad run by Paul Molesworth will not be affiliated with Bristol Rovers FC , this decision was made by the football club, i asked Steve Hamer for a reason and he said it was just a decision they have made at this time. We wish Paul and all his young players the very best for the future.

Having considered the idea i put to the club last season about the possibility of giving away a place in Box 1 for a game in the future this has been put on hold for the foreseeable future due to increased numbers requiring places in the main boxes.

Both Steve Hamer and Darrell Clarke have said they would be happy to hold a Q & A session for FFS members. I personally believe if such an event is held it should be open to ALL supporters, we will look at the prospect of holding one of these nights at a later date.

On a personal note i have to say times are changing, this need not be seen as negative, in fact a very positive thing. Having spoken to our Chairman recently The football club are no longer reliant on fundraising to run the club efficiently and self sustaining is obviously the way forward. The club would like supporters initiatives to perhaps raise funds for an actual cause, perhaps a mini bus for the youth etc. Having said that our FFS Club has always been run slightly differently to the usual supporters clubs. We raise income for the club via sponsorship of things that otherwise may not get sold, enabling us to raise cash for the club yet also having a tangible product for our members to say they are part of.

I think this should continue, and we can continue to pick up the slack when players may not get a sponsor, the same for matches. This also provides us with some great prizes as i'm sure you'd agree.

When we started The FFS Club it wasn't purely about raising money, it was about involving supporters and bringing them together not only to meet up but to feel closer to the club. That was our philosophy and i think it should stay that way, particularly as the club progresses.

As Sponsorship of matches and players may become in short supply we will look at engaging/supporting with club in other ways. Social media was our original platform and i think this can be used again. We are currently looking at a new type of sponsorship for us to raise money/enjoy along the way. I am contacting the club and will hopefully get the go-ahead and put it to our members.

Mark (Parrot) has also spoke with DC asking him if there is anything particuler we could help with and he is going to get back to us, he also thanked us for all our efforts.

The FFS Club 2015/16 will start taking payments for members from Monday 25th July through the normal channels and we hope many of you decide to re-join as well as hopefully some new members. I see no reason why next season can't be just as successful as last.

I will be placing an advert for The FFS Club in "Last Saturday Night" fanzine over the coming months to promote ourselves. Since that fateful day versus Mansfield its the supporters who have stood up, not only in attendance but creating new exciting fan initiatives such as LSN Zine, GasCast, Crossed Swords etc proving when Gasheads have ther backs against the wall they come out fighting for their club. I hope we can all engage and support each other along the way.

Thank you to those who attended last nights meeting it was very informative and great to hear peoples thoughts etc. If you have any thoughts please feel free to air them - this is YOUR Sponsor club and your opinions are important.

Lastly, thank you to all our members and anyone who has had a good word to say about us, it really is appreciated.

old timer likes this.
  8. Jon the Stripe

Our 2015/16 Prize Match worn shirt Winners are:

TOM LOCKYER - DAWLISH GAS
    BILLY BODIN - LORENZO
    CRISTIAN MONTANO - GASHEAD BLUES
    RYAN BROOM - MARTIN WERRETT
    LIAM LAWRENCE - CHESHIRE GAS
    DANNY GREENSLADE - YATTON GAS
    JAY MALPAS - NORTON GASHEAD

You all get to collect your shirt at the Funday where you will get to meet all the players and DC before the general public are allowed in! Drinks and a Buffet are provided and you will have photo opportunities with the whole squad! This is strictly on a pre-booked basis and we must confirm your attendance with the football club by this weekend. Otherwise someone will collect your shirt and you will have until end of September to arrange collection.

Thanks to everyone who joined in the fun this season......2016/17 starts next Monday!!! Please join us!!!!

Thank you and UTG!!!!!!

9. old timer

Jon is the acc. no. above still open to put our fees in for this season

10. Jon the Stripe

Yes Sir, same one. good to have you onboard again. UTG

11. Jon the Stripe

It is with my sincere apologies...

I have made a very embarrassing error in Thursday nights Prize Shirt Draw, Our Cristian Montano Shirt was sponsored 'In Memory of our friend Gashead Ray' in memory of Ray Spearing who sadly passed away a few months ago. Ray was a popular member on here and a loyal FFS Club member as well as being a well regarded Gashead who was always upbeat and positive. The winner of Ryan Broom's shirt has contacted me expressing it to be passed on to someone else, therefore Gashead Blues will now recieve Ryan's shirt and Cristian's shirt will go to Ray Spearings family as it should have originally. I'd like to personally thank Kev (Gashead Blues) for his understanding of the situation and it is a measure of the big man's selfless nature.

I have contacted Ray's family to notify them of their shirt that was sponsored for Ray, and i humbly apologise for any offence caused for which i accept full responsibility, i completely over looked it and have no excuse. My best wishes go to Ray's family, and sorry again to all our FFS Club members for this mistake.

Sincerely. JTS