1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gas Vs Barnet Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Aug 19, 2015.

?

Final Score

Poll closed Aug 22, 2015.
  1. Gas Win

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Barnet Win

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Score Draw

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Goalless Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

90:00 +5:00 Full time
    Full Time Second Half ends, Bristol Rovers 3, Barnet 1.

90:00 +3:10
    Attempt missed. Chris Lines (Bristol Rovers) right footed shot from outside the box is too high.

90:00 +0:42
    Matty Taylor (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

90:00 +0:42
    Foul by Bondz N'Gala (Barnet).

90:00 +0:11
    Attempt missed. Luke Gambin (Barnet) left footed shot from outside the box is too high.

89:33
    Corner, Bristol Rovers. Conceded by Curtis Weston.

89:25
    Attempt blocked. Billy Bodin (Bristol Rovers) left footed shot from a difficult angle on the left is blocked.

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

From a Barnet fan on their forum <laugh>

"I look at their squad and doesn't look good. A lot of conference standard players, how that Sinclair is playing football league is beyond me. They'll struggle for goals this season and when the defence starts to leak they'll be in trouble. They got stuffed at home to Northampton and we beat them, I think we'll win 3-1"

You stupid cockney ****er we stuffed you <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Bluebaldee likes this.
  3. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Possession

Gas 53% - Barnet 47%

Shots

Gas 15 - Barnet 8

On target

Gas 7 - Barnet 2

Corners

Gas 9 - Barnet 1

Fouls

Gas 6 - Barnet 13

4. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Great result, great performance that kick's off our home form. We kept going and dominated the third team in a row for our third win in a row.

Nice to see Jermaine get his goal too, he deserves it.

UTG!

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  5. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Bristol Rovers 3-1 Barnet

Attendance: 7,107 (199)

Rovers made it three wins in a week as they beat fellow promotion side Barnet 3-1 at the Memorial Stadium.

Lee Brown opened the scoring in the first half before Jermaine Easter doubled the lead in the second half. Curtis Weston pulled a goal back for the Bee's before Matty Taylor secured the three points for the boys in blue and white.

Darrell Clarke named an unchanged starting 11 following the win against Luton Town on Tuesday night however, Lee Mansell was part of the matchday squad for the first time this season.

Rovers started the game at a frantic pace and Daniel Leadbitter's ball into Ellis Harrison whose shot was turned behind for a corner.

Chris Lines was able to pick out Lee Brown on the edge of the area who took a calm touch before firing past Graham Stack from range to put the home side a goal to the good.

Barnet came back into the game strongly and a few minutes later Luke Gambin's cross was fumbled by Aaron Chapman but the loan keeper was able to gather the ball at the feet of Bee's striker Aaron McLean.

With just under 15 minutes played another Gambin delivery caused Rovers some more problems, this time his corner was headed wide by John Akinde in what was a real let off for the home side.

The home side continued to press but in the middle of a flowing counter attack Daniel Leadbitter pulled up clutching his hamstring and was replaced by Jake Gosling.

Rovers continued to play with the 3-5-2 shape with Jake Gosling operating as a right wingback.

Leadbitter's injury didn't seem to disrupt the flow of the Rovers attack as minutes later Tom Lockyer headed narrowly over from a succession of Chris Lines corners.

Barnet struggled for spells with the ball but just before half time Aaron Chapman saved well down low to his left to deny Akinde to keep Rovers 1-0 up going into half time.

Darrell Clarke's men started the second half as they did in the first.

Chris Lines' corner was aimed deep at Lee Brown who this time took the ball on his chest before firing into the arms of Graham Stack.

Rovers continued to press as efforts from Chris Lines and Ollie Clarke were blocked on the edge of the area before Stuart Sinclair had the ball in the back of the net only to see his effort ruled out for offside by referee Ross Joyce.

The home side continued to look for that vital second goal as Matty Taylor replaced Ellis Harrison on the hour mark and was almost presented with a chance seconds after coming on as Graham Stack fumbled Ollie Clarke's long range effort but the Bee's keeper recovered before Taylor could apply the finishing touch.

Barnet tried to get the ball moving in the second half following three changes by Martin Allen but their most dangerous chance came from a long throw into the penalty area which fell to Bira Dembele who couldn't sort out his feet quick enough and scuffed his shot wide.

Minutes later Rovers doubled their advantage as Matty Taylor's shot in the box was blocked by Sam Muggleton before falling perfectly for Jermaine Easter to open his account for the season.

Barnet pulled a goal back with just under five minutes to go as skipper Curtis Weston put the ball in the back of the net to a stunned silence at the Mem but it was less than a minute later when the party atmosphere was restored as Chris Lines powered through the middle of the pitch and found Matty Taylor in the penalty area. Taylor took a touch in the area and calmly slotted the ball past Stack to restore Rovers two goal lead.

Although Darrell Clarke's men had the points wrapped up they continued to attack as efforts from substitute Billy Bodin and skipper Chris Lines both missed the target before referee Ross Joyce called time on the game.

Up next for Rovers is the trip to table topping Leyton Orient next Saturday (29th August) before entertaining Oxford United in front of the Sky TV cameras at the Mem on Sunday 6th September.

Rovers: Chapman; Leadbitter (Gosling - 32), J. Clarke, Lockyer, Parkes, Brown; Sinclair, O. Clarke, Lines (C); Harrison (Taylor - 60), Easter.

Unused Substitutes: Mildenhall (GK), Mansell, Montano, Monakana, Bodin.

Barnet: Stack, Hoyte (Muggleton - 75), Johnson, Dembele, N'Gala, Weston (C), Akinde, Vilhete (Batt - 60), Gambin, Sogwell, McLean (Gash - 45).

Unused Substitutes: Stephens (GK), Nelson, Tomlinson, Champion.

6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Honestly think we'll give The Os a run for their money next week. It's still early days, but this is the strongest start to a campaign for a long time and we look like very serious contenders already.

7. Gastronomic

At least Mad Dog was gent. Gave credit for the victory. He also said a few good things about Rovers on the first Football League Show.

8. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

I left the Mem feeling royally entertained. Yes Barnet helped us by being a little open at the back in the last half hour, but the way we shifted the ball and always looked likely to threaten was breathtaking at times.

Many reasons to be optimistic!

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  9. Gastronomic

There's an understanding in the team that you only get from stability and success. It does look breath taking at times compared to some of the more recently assembled opponents. This season's going to be another one to enjoy...

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

We were really good yesterday. I was thinking after witnessing the poor Northampton display and then missing the 2 wins on our travels with impressive performances, thought that my luck would see me witness another poor display and defeat yesterday. Was thinking im the jinx like old timer was last season! Thank goodness that wasnt the case. Not only did we get the 3 points, we deserved it playing very good football on the floor.

I know some games we may be required to go route 1 but its really enjoyable hearing (away games) and watching (home games) us perform like this. We didnt play as good as this last season mind. Of course we wont win every game and we will play poor at times as thats football but as long as the team keeps giving 100% regardless of the result, you wont see me complain.

DC has got his tactics spot on and 352 is really working as well. You can tell the players have really worked hard on it as last season 352 just didnt look right when tried on a match day.

11. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I left yesterday's match wondering if I had gone to the wrong ground after watching the Northampton game. Yesterday's game had a good goals some classy football at times superb performances by our wingbacks and generally had players who were interested in putting in a good shift. J Clarke looks to be a quality signing and playing with Parkes and Lockyer made us look very solid at the back, Lines Clarke and Sinclair ran the midfield and our front two of Easter and Harrison looked sharp, plenty of reasons to look forward with optimism. I know we wont win all our games but if the spirit they showed yesterday is kept there won't be many draws or defeats and DC's ambition of a top seven finish might seem to be more realistic than first thought. The substitutions 1 enforced and 2 others made for tactical reasons also showed that we now have quality players waiting to come on when the need arises.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

14. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Is it me or does Browns goal take a deflection? Watch the goal cam clip again and it looks like his shot was just going wide but then took a very slight deflection which I think was off a Rovers player. Would also explain why their keeper put his arm up to claim offside??

16. Gastronomic

Stack's not the most mobile keeper. I think he looked a bit embarrassed because after the pointless claim for offside he started adjusting his socks...

17. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Agree, he must be getting close to his sell by date now although the way in which Mad Dog was berrating him early on couldn't of done his confidence a lot of good. I just wish we could of tried him out a little more often as at times it appeared that we were trying too often to walk the ball over the line.

18. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Best Rovers display I've seen for a long time.
    A total team performance. Lockyer at home in his natural position,
    Lines pulling the strings, Easter running his socks off.
    A little while ago Ollie Clarke looked to be on the way out...now
    he's immense...my MoM.
    Ledbetter improving all the time...could be a significant loss.

old timer likes this.
  19. Gastronomic

We look consistent too, which is always good to see. Everyone knows their job. And if you know your job you enjoy your job, and it really shows...

20. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Parkes is talking about his goal, so maybe the deflection came off him