1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Gas Vs The Gills/The Dons Game Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Oct 11, 2016.

?

Points Won

Poll closed Oct 15, 2016.
  1. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. 4

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 6

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

All build up to both games will appear on this thread it is also the Away matchday thread Vs MK Dons:emoticon-0148-yes:

This Poll you are voted for how many points will we achieve over the two games :emoticon-0148-yes:

The poll will close on Saturday 15th at 12:23 PM.:emoticon-0148-yes:

You may change your vote if you like :emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I'm going for 3pts I think we will beat Gillingham. At home MK dons have W 0 D 2 L 4 and we always seemed to be the team that gets beat when the opposition has this sort of record :emoticon-0148-yes:

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Gas Vs Gills Match Official's

JOHN BROOKS

Adrian Tranter and Matthew Jones

Fourth Official: Craig Taylor

Dons Vs Gas Match Official's

DARREN HANDLEY

Ravel Cheosiaua and Brian Durie

Fourth Official: Ian Dudley

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

6 points because I wont bet on us to fail again.

If DC sets it up right from the start then we can beat anyone. If DC sets it up wrong at the start, he has the ability to make the right changes to get us back into the game.

I fear no one in this league. Im not saying we will walk this league. Im not even saying we will make the play offs. Far from it. I just think every game is winnable with the squad we have and after the last 2 seasons and how we have coped so far this season, I wouldnt put it past us to go and get 6 points from the next 2 games. Remember that we have had some rest due to no game over the weekend so there will be some players desperate to get on the pitch again.

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  6. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Last Meeting

Saturday 5th January 2013 Gas 0 - 2 Gillingham - League Two

Head To Head @Home

PLD 47 W 31 D 7 L 9 GF 94 GA 50

7. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

3 or 4 points would be a good return. But I think we could be on a roll. The one fly in the ointment is yet another break. But I think the lads will come flying out of the blocks this time.

8. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I have no internet so will be quiet for a while using the phone is a nightmare

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<whistle>

<laugh>

Stollie likes this.
  10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Just looked him up. He was a linesman and been involved in Prem games. But this season and the last season 2 seasons he has been a referee. The last 2 seasons been refereeing in the conference and was actually referee in 2 of our games. A 2-2 draw away at Darford on 31st Jan 2015 and a 2-0 win at home vs Southport on 11th April 2015.

This season he has started football league games, a mix between league 1 and 2 games but mainly league 2.

11. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

I'm reduced to shared tweets

12. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Sweet managed to tether my iPhone to my iPad meaning I can use my phone internet on my tablet. :D

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  14. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Can't believe their is a match thread for the Cardiff vs City game on gaschat <doh>:headbang:

15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

16. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

WHAT'S ON: BRISTOL ROVERS vs GILLINGHAM

www.firstgroup.com/bristolrovers

11.00am: The Clubhouse Bar opens for Home supporters on a first-come, first-served basis. Chelsea v Leicester City showing live on the big screen from 11.30am.

11.30am: Irene’s Kitchen Restaurant will be open in the Bristol Room, serving hot food from chips, burgers, hot dogs, pasties, pulled pork rolls and lots more.

12noon: Ticket Office opens and will remain open right up to kick-off at 3pm for supporters looking to buy home & away tickets or collect tickets for today’s game. (Away tickets on sale for MK Dons & Oldham)

1.30pm: Stadium opens.

Families are welcome In the Bristol Post Family Terrace, there is a food kiosk where you can buy food and drinks. Captain Gas will make an appearance before kick-off along with FREE Face Painting. BRFC Community Trust will be located adjacent the South West Stand where you can test out your penalty skills.

Don’t forget to buy your 50-50 tickets to be in with a chance to win a substantial cash prize. Tickets will be available throughout the stadium before kick-off with the draw taking place at half-time. Look out for our Bristol Rovers Supporters Club 50-50 volunteers around the stadium.

Supporters will also be able to pick up the official Matchday Programme, The Pirate, for a price of only £3.

3pm: Kick-off! It’s time to back Darrell Clarke’s team to victory. C’mon You Blues!

3.45pm: At Half time, Nick Day will be your host for the interval. Listen out for the 50-50 and Helpline Draw. It's every supporters dream to score at Memorial Stadium and now you could make that dream a reality when you Kick it for a Flexi-Ticket ... see Twitter for more details. Bristol Rovers stars of the future will be introduced to the crowd, it’s the turn of our Under 9’s.

4.50pm: On the final whistle, the Clubhouse Bar re-opens with Screen Soccer Highlights on the big screens before the bar closes. Irene’s Kitchen will remain open until 6.00pm.

Don’t miss any of the action and buy your tickets now to back The Gas at The Mem. Tickets are available, priced from £16 for adults, from £14 for 16-21 and from £5 for under-16s.

Simply visit www.brfctickets.com, select your area and add your tickets to the shopping basket.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Sad, sad and pathetic.

18. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Game day don't forget to leave your potty mouth at home :D

19. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

We take a quick look at today's opponents!

Bristol Rovers go into today's game looking to pick up the three points after last weekend's International break.

Rovers: Darrell Clarke's men will be looking to secure a win as they look to climb the Sky Bet League One table.

Team News: Rovers have a full squad to pick from.

Darrell's View:”We know what Gillingham can do, they have some fantastic technical players and we're going to need to be at the top of our game.

"The break would have done the boys some good so we need to finish the game today with all three points."
    Opposition: Today's opponents Gillingham currently sit in 14th place in the SkyBet League One table with 15 points from their 12 games this season. Justin Edinburgh's men have been stuttering of late only picking up one point in their last three outings with a 3-3 draw at Chesterfield. Following that the Gills suffered defeats to AFC Wimbledon and Oldham Athletic so will be looking to bounce back at the Memorial Stadium today.

Dangerman - Bradley Dack: The Gills midfielder has been the heart of the team for several seasons now. Coveted by many clubs in the Championship, Dack remained at Gillingham in the summer and has two goals to his name this season. Rovers will have to stop this man in the middle of the park if they want to cut off the supply to Gillingham's dangerous front men.

Last Time Out: Rovers tasted defeat last time out against Gillingham as goals from Chris Whelpdale and Deon Burton wrapped up all three points for the Gills back in January 2013.

Tickets: Supporters will be able to pay on the day for today's fixture.

Keeping Up With The Game: Full match commentary of Rovers game with Gillingham can be heard through Gas PlayerHD. Supporters can access our LIVE match coverage by clicking here.

Alternatively, stay tuned to the club’s social media outlets.

Bristol Rovers found on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram for your match day fix and make sure you use #BristolRovers!

Betting: The Football League’s primary sponsors have priced the game up with Rovers available at 19/20, Gillingham at 13/5 with the draw available at 11/4.

Bristol Rovers and SkyBet Promote Responsible Gambling for over 18s only. Prices correct at time of writing and subject to change

http://www.gambleaware.co.uk/

20. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator