1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The General Election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by DAPARKERSAFC, Apr 21, 2015.

?

Who are you voting for?

1. Labour

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Tory

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. UKIP

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Lib Dem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Green

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Other

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

Not sure about that, Blunham. Those standing for other constituencies wouldn't be Scots anyway - it would be difficult to sit in the Scottish parliament from an English seat. She'd have to recruit English candidates to represent northern English constituencies in London. But say in four years time she changed the name of the party into something less specific than SNP, I could see it. Either way, I do think that's probably her ambition. She's a strange one, for sure.

2. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You moved the goalposts there mate. <ok>. Changing the name, and in effect the philosophy of the party by becoming multi-national. Still don't see it though.

Her ultimate ambition is independence. I don't see her veering from that.

The Relic likes this.
  3. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I'd love to cum in Nicola Sturgeon's shoes & watch her squelch as she walked down the street.

Blunham Mackem likes this.
  4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Was it a ticket event? Invite only? It was a ****ing observation regarding the crowd of people who tipped up to honour some vets.

Are we legally obliged to have a degree in history before we can make a comment regarding something we see on the tele nowadays?

****ing get a grip? Go **** yourself you sad ****er.

5. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

No you aren't legally obliged, but it might help, if you did some research into how members of the commonwealth have more than done their bit as well.

Name calling is the 1st port of call for the ill educated, but our brave foreign friends fought for your right to free speech so it's ok I understand.

6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I've never professed to be greatly educated on either politics or history so good for you mate pulling rank on a subject you know more about.

If you ever choose to say anything in your life regarding counter terrorism, counter fraud, or volume procurement in construction then do let me know so I can return the favour.

Just for your info though, my comment was regarding the crowd who turned up to watch, whether you like it or not, it was an observation that you cannot refute.

The Relic likes this.
  7. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

Yes I see what you mean about the crowd. I guess stuff like that is more important to people with a longer ancestry in this country. Fair do's.

The Relic likes this.
  8. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Well it now looks like Labour will form a minority government. All the polls and the so called experts on tv say the Conservatives will win more seats but wont be able to reach the "magic number" of 326 seats even with the Libs and UKIP. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out that Labour and the SNP will form a minority government. Oh well. Red Ed and Ed Balls going to be running the country for 5 years!
    The only chance Conservatives have is a predicted late swing from UKIP but even that wont be enough imo.

9. Billy Death

If that is indeed the outcome Millimetre will be licking Nicola's fanny into multiple orgasms until she gets exactly what she wants.

10. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

Can I make a non-party point here. David Cameron promised to bring powers back to Britain from the E.U. And he has broken it. Sure he has. But what chance does he have of keeping a promise like that, when, in order to form a working government, he was forced into having a LibDem Europhile as his Minister for Europe? Seriously, what chance have you got with a coalition? You're bound to run compromise instead of delivering what you promised.

It doesn't matter which main party we're talking about. They will make promises before an election, and be forced to water it all down when they have to take a partner on. Other than in war-time when we all had a common enemy, coalitions are a pain in the backside. In the end, nobody delivers anything except a fudge. I don't mind which party wins this election fair and square. But the very last thing I want is another coalition.

11. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Latest polls has Labour slightly ahead of the Tories, but not enough to form a majority...Hopefully the Scots will see sense and abandon the nationalist party (pretending to be left wing) and give Labour the seats they need.

12. Billy Death

As Labour do?
    Liebour are set to be wiped out in Scotland & ****ing good on the Jocks.
    Wouldn't trust Millimetre or Ed nee Bollocks as far as I could hoy the fat ****s.

The Relic likes this.
  13. MrRAWhite

The Scots backing the same SNP that supported Thatcher..They should be called the chameleon party..

14. Billy Death

As should Liebour, LieDems & CONservatives.
    They'd all **** one another mate.
    They all go on the piss in the House Of Commons bars together.
    Drinking subsidised beer at the taxpayers expense.

15. MrRAWhite

I disagree with you mate..I firmly believe that Miliband has the best intentions, and will shift the tax burden in the direction of the wealthy...The Tories will continue to do the opposite by reducing income tax and putting on other things such as VAT and water and electric etc which effects the poor far more..As for the rest, you have UKIP who are a one issue party on immigration and haven't got a clue about anything else and the Lib Dems: the least said the better..

16. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

I'm glad that this election is straight forward :angel:

17. Mackem-Tiz

Not that it counts for much RAW but most pundits reckon Conservatives will win slightly more seats but will fall short of the minimum 290 needed to even have a realistic chance of forming a coalition. There is a predicted late swing to Conservatives and historically people wont admit to voting for them but do lol. Red Ed, Sturgeon and Balls...oh dear!

18. MrRAWhite

19. Mackem-Tiz

Traditionally or historically this country doesn't vote for true left wing policies so Labour have moved further to the right. That's what Blair did and Red Ed knows this so is having to ditch his true left wing ideologies to have a chance of getting into number 10.
    Don't take offence at the term Red Ed mate i didn't coin the phrase!

20. MrRAWhite

I know mate..It was The Mail and The Sun who came out with that one..