1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The Gini Wijnaldum outgoing transfer thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Apparently Everton are set to bid this week for Gini..... he was one of the top scoring midfielders in the PL last year and all of that in a relegated side.

I think he is deffo worth over £20m in today's market.

Everton will have the John Stones money too which may help drive up the final value.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Ronald Koeman has prioritised the signing of Newcastle midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum as he begins shaping his Everton squad.

The Dutchman wanted to sign the player when he was in charge at Southampton, but the 25-year-old opted to join Newcastle from PSV Eindhoven instead.

Since their relegation to the Championship, however, Wijnaldum is desperate to leave the North East club and Koeman, 53, wants to bring him to Merseyside.

Wijnaldum still has another four years remaining on his contract and Newcastle are demanding a considerable profit after he scored 11 Premier League goals and added five assists on their way to relegation to the Championship last season.

They paid £14.5million for Wijnaldum last summer, but now value him at closer to £27m.

Koeman was promised significant transfer funds by new Everton owner Farhad Moshiri when he persuaded him to leave Southampton and Everton are expected to make an approach this week.

Wijnaldum has joined Moussa Sissoko in wanting to exit the club after finishing 18th in the table, but Newcastle have secured them both to long-term deals and are not prepared to let them leave for nominal fees.
    They have also placed a £35m price-tag on Sissoko, who reached the Euro 2016 final with France.

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Lol - £62M for both players!! Haha!

3. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I'd demand 62 for each!

I can see Wijni going Everton and perhaps regretting it in a few years. Everton dont just have the John Stones money, but their new owner/investor is minted and promised to splash. I think with the Ireland Trip we are unlikely to see any real movement until early next week when players return.

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

The beauty is... we don't actually need to sell so in any negotiation we have quite an advantage.

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I quite like Gini and think he had a good first season bedding in. I think he will do very very well with the experience behind him. He'll do well and people will probably laud Koeman, reality is he has just had the chance to settle. I'd much prefer he went on loan. 27m is way over the top, but its about right for the current market! How is he valued at less than Sissoko is crazy. Afterall it was a ****ey euros anyway Sissoko impressed in.

6. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

He's been told by the club he is not going anywhere. Mike Ashley has apparently stepped in and told him and Sissoko to keep their mouths shut otherwise they will spend next season in the reserves.

7. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

It would be utterly hilarious if we brought in a couple more and sold nobody ahead of next season.

8. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

Hilarious but unlikely. Quite where we'd fit our new additions into the squad with Gini and Sissoko still here I'm not sure.

9. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

We will still see Janmaat and Riviere out the door I reckon.

10. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I would sell both gini and sissoko and if we get 50 million plus for them I think that's great business. We have players who can do as good a job and I think they will hinder our progress next season anyways.

11. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Not sure why we'd sell our best player to one of our closest rivals (despite being in the Championship - for a season only we hope). He'd do what Kevin Nolan did for us in the 2009/10 season if he is played in behind the front man and, more importantly, we are not going to sign anyone better for the coming season. If he must go then loan him.

12. pauljohnhutch

pauljohnhutch Well-Known Member

get rid 20 mill each ,they are probably the main reason we went down if they had both put the effort in we possibly may have stayed up

13. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Exactly the way it should be handled these characters signed contracts.

14. Warmir Pouchov

Did anyone see Ben Arfas debut vs WBA? Looked pretty portly and had an absolute nightmare. Surely he isn't going to throw another golden chance away. He wouldn't would he?

15. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He probably will but fancy he'll do well in the league at least

16. Warmir Pouchov

Yeah its not ultra competitive. If he shifts the extra beef and settles down I'm sure he'll do well. PSG have it locked down anyway, so he couldn't have an easier stage really. PSG, Ligue 1 etc. I was just a little shocked (not massively), to see him have gone back to his old ways and just ate pies all summer. You'd think at 29 he'd have grown up.

Didn't have a great first day getting humiliated by Luiz with a megs in training http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/hatem-ben-arfa-given-brutal-8404734
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvideos/ben-arfa-emery-psg-training/

He looks big on there too. What does that boy eat in his down time <laugh>

17. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

To be fair WBA would probably qualify for the Champions league in France. He will have alot easier competition in league games

18. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Looks like we're being linked with him.

Liverpool have jumped to the front of the queue in the race to sign Newcastle’s Georginio Wijnaldum as Jurgen Klopp continues to seek to bolster his midfield options

The 25-year-old only moved to Newcastle last summer for £14.5 million. Newcastle have asked for £27 million now, but Liverpool are confident they can strike a deal. They will be hoping to pay nearer £20 million but there will be more negotiating to be done.
    There is even some optimism on Merseyside talks could advance significantly over the next few days in time for the player to join Liverpool’s pre-season tour of North America. Klopp’s side head to the United States on Thursday.

19. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

And what is your opinion? Would you be happy to sign him?

20. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Said on LFC board that I wouldn't mind him although £25m seems steep if that was the fee. He scores goals from midfield to be fair, even if he was inconsistent for you guys last year. For a first year in Prem in a struggling side he hit double figures and looked a bargain in first 6 months.

Where is his best position though? I'm not sure where he fits in a 4231 other than behind the striker and we have lots of those type of players already in Cout/Firm/Lallana. We need someone to play alongside Can in that 2, someone to dictate the play etc and not sure if that's him.