1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Greatest Time of Your Life..

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by J๏E.., Feb 27, 2015.

1. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Like a lot of posters have rightly (IMO) said.. The birth of a child is both an amazing experience and a priceless moment. I've had the pleasure of watching my 3 come into this world, all with minor complications (inverted breach / shadow on the brain), however, they have all progressed well and grown into annoying teenagers!

On a personal note my eldest daughters 10th birthday was a special and quite emotional day. I was admitted to hospital in 2002 with liver / pancreas problems and after tests was told I could not drink again. Not being one to be fooled easily I called the doctors bluff and went on a bender which resulted in me being rushed into surgery. It was then that I was asked if I had children to which I replied "yes, aged 6, 3 & 2". The doctor told me that due to my condition I would not see my eldests 10th birthday. After a successful operation and 3 months in rehab I managed (eventually) to grab my new lease of life. No-one fully understood why I got so emotional on my daughters 10th birthday but I had a wry smile that day (4/9/2005) remembering that I "wouldn't be here to witness it". Although 19 years old now and socially inept due to mental health issues she is leading a relatively normal teenagers life. I've just been and picked her up from town (04:45) which to some is crazy but to me is amazing on 2 fronts.. As a family we didn't think she'd ever be able to mix in 'regular' circles and secondly the fact I'm still sober and im still here watching them all grow up!

Another pearl of wisdom from my grandad (bless him)... "Why are your eyes on the front of your head?"
    "Because you should never look back young 'un"

It's 'Forwards and Onwards' for me!!!... Here's to many more great moments for all concerned.:emoticon-0148-yes:

2. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh mate in late 60s and early 70s was in the coach and eight also saw ground hogs 1969 at dunelm.my mate met his wife in coach and eight about 1971. Great days in durham. <bubbly>

3. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Free in Sunderland were up there in the highlight zone for me as well, I saw there first gig at the Bay one monday night when the crowd was about 20 strong the rest is history.

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Best time?

i have it right now

5. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh seen them at the top rank (the rink) early 70s <bubbly>

6. clockstander

Great days, the all night rock nights at the rink, the tech dances, the Locano and the Bay.

Vincemac likes this.
  7. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I loved the early 70s in Durham every pub seemed to have its own thing going and i was lucky to spend my college days there remember seeing Kieth Christmas and wild turkey at the Dunelm wonder what happened to them, also loved the Rink and the Locarno cant forget Argent getting booed off and ashton gardner and dyke having to do another full gig to keep everybody happy.

Vincemac likes this.
  8. clockstander

The best booing off I was involved in was Billy Fury, yes, and in his hey-day, shame on me.

9. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

The best is yet to come I hope.

The best time, family apart, was 2 summers ago. We spent the year travelling the length of Italy, Venice, Florence, Rome, Pisa, Pompeii, etc.
    Then we spent 2 months, at a time, in Sicily, Sardinia & Corsica before taking the ferry back to Antibes.

We towed a little boat behind us and put it into the water every time we stopped .......... we didn't stay in a hotel all summer and it was bliss.
    I had a rough map of the places me Dad was sent, in WW2, and followed it as well as I could.

For a kid from a Durham pit village it was more than I could have ever dreamed of.

10. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

makes me seeing Kieth Chrismas seem a bit **** now smug<laugh>

11. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Well mines slightly different from all your lot.
    I was getting my tyres blown up by a young filly when a mother walked in. My deflated c*ck lasted about five seconds until a mother stripped off and sat on me face whilst a daughter kept that wonderfully velvety tongue swirling on my japs eye.
    A truly truly magnificent six hour shagathon ensued.

12. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Whatever you do is better than people who do nowt mate .... and there's loads of them.

I'm going to Glasgow, to see Noel Gallagher on Saturday, by complete accident.

On the way there we're stopping off to stare at a hillside where the village I was born in once stood.

Guess which I'll enjoy the most .............

13. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

****ing cracking that marra. <ok>

14. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Damn site will only let me "like" this once mate! Deserves many more <laugh><laugh><laugh>

15. hordenmackem

hordenmackem Well-Known Member

Done so many fantastic things in my life, but nothing and I mean nothing will ever beat having kids. Sunderland could win the champions league and I would be hungover for a month, but that feeling will never beat becoming a Dad. My twin girls will be 17 this year and my boy will be 15 and I couldn't have wished for better kids. They do the best they can at school, they help out at home, they have part time jobs and they pick Dad up from his mates house after few too many shanties, lol. All in all three fantastic young adults and I'm proud to call them my kids.