1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Knott is off

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Old Timer in Cyprus, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

... on loan.to Lincoln in fact untill May. Exciting time to be at that club I should think. Good luck to him.

2. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Thought the transfer / loan window had closed.

Can someone explain how this works.

Same comment would apply to Gala's arrival.

3. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

How stupid can it get. Our most accomplished midfielder whose appearances correlate with gaining points is allowed to slip away.
    Scally had to ditch his inexperienced manager who got just about everything wrong, but he did not have to replace him with a trio who were even less experienced than JED. The transfer activity has left the squad weaker than it was in December.
    The one ray of hope is for Quigley (if fit) to do the Marquis/Kedwell/Bayo trick which results in Macdonald turning on the flow of goals. If that fails relegation beckons and one look at the fixture list from the beginning of March onwards shows just how difficult it will be to garner wins even if form improves.

4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Bondz had been released so was unattached, Knott has gone to nonleague where the transfer rules don't apply.

5. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

So why did Knott go?

6. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Apart from Dack, Knott is the only centre mid we've got with even the slightest hint of creativity. He would have been very useful in the coming weeks so this is very disappointing to see. Byrne should have been sent out on loan out of all of the centre mids.

7. itstimupnorth

Thanks Grumpy. I can understand the n'Gala situation (from a free agent point of view, not the fact that we've signed a player who we can't play), but whilst accepting your explanation of how Knott can go to non-league, I'm mystified that we can't play n'Gala because one of the clubs he played for was non-league.

Seems like some of the rules on transfers and player registrations apply to league and non-league alike, while others don't.

8. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Agree surprise knott has gone out on loan but hopefully a fit martin could be the reason as was not likely to play much. Just hope Martin does not get injured again.

9. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

The new rules only came into force this season, FIFA decided that as a lot of nonleague clubs have gone full time, the transfer rules should apply to them as being one of the 2 permitted professional clubs.

10. itstimupnorth

OK fair enough. I don't keep up to speed on all the changes to FA / EUFA regulations (neither do GFC apparently, but I've got an excuse).

But my point is that that rule applies to lower league clubs, but the transfer window for signing loan players apparently doesn't, as Knott's loan deal was apparently done yesterday, or teh day before. Anyway, after the transfer / loan window closed for FL clubs.