1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Leicester City "spiral" watch!

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Harsh mate, it's common knowledge Sky's a girl <whistle>

Skylarker likes this.
  2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

@JohnTheFox I've just read your match day thread, interesting read.

Some pissed off Foxes!

3. Bambi is a Grade A embarrassment to football fans, not just Leicester City fans.

Linekar would deck the ****er if he ever met Bambi, and I doubt any of us would blame him. I certainly wouldn't, even though I do not condone violence.

4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I have seen the notifications :emoticon-0148-yes:
    Of course we are, everything the previous regime worked hard to build is being torn apart. I have always thought Pearson didn't get enough credit for what he left on a plate last season and it looks more so now. I think it's too late to change managers and stay up now, I think we need to rebuild and I'm a big fan of Gary Rowett

Skylarker likes this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Not changing manager will see you definitely go down. Changing manager will bring a morale boost and honeymoon period that might just keep you up.

No room in football for sentiment

Skylarker likes this.
  6. JohnTheFox

100% agree. What I meant was that I don't think even a change will save us but not doing so will definitely see us go down so we may as well give ourselves a fighting chance and as I say, if we were to still go down, rebuild

Zanjinho likes this.
  7. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

^^^ Coming from the embarrassment to humanity.

8. Stan

Stan Stalker

Ranieri is a **** manager but sometimes, rightly and thankfully, nice things happen to nice people. I hope he keeps them up and leaves with dignity in tact.

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Will just avoiding relegation be leaving with dignity though? I know last season was the abnormality but that doesn't change the expectations that inevitably raise after winning a title.

I said last summer he should have walked away at that point, he was never going to top it and it would have been a great way to retire as well.

10. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

What if......he flukes the CL(like man yoo in 99 cough! cough!), we ain't won the league in getting on for 28 years so what he did last season is a big deal considering how much money and how many managers we've thrown at it.

So good luck to him and them no matter what happens for what they so far have achieved.

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I've heard a few Leicester fans say they don't care too much about relegation if that's the price to pay for winning the league. Would this be the case for you?

12. Page_Moss_Kopite

<laugh>

No way, tbf relegation has been a reasonably regular thing for them but since our promotion in 63 we've never been in that situation.
    Would you prefer what you asked in your question or remain titleless but in the top flight?

13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Titleless. However, I'm different to a lot of our fans. When the argument about good football vs winning trophies comes up, I always say I'd rather be entertained every week (aka the Suarez season) than be bored to a trophy (aka Houllier's reign)

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  14. Page_Moss_Kopite

Agree about being entertained but every title winning side has to learn to "win dirty" when required.

Lovearsenalcock and Zanjinho like this.
  15. The Ginger Marks

I think most honest fans would pick that tbh. Leicesters title was a fairy tale come true for them, there's many a unfashionable club if you like that would chose that.

Archers Road likes this.
  16. JohnTheFox

I think it's different for a club of our size to the big clubs that you guys support like Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool. I would never expect you guys to accept winning it and getting relegated as winning the title or at least challenging for it, is an expectation.
    For most other clubs, our size and smaller, nearly all fans would take that deal and if you offered me that before last season so would I. It's the way we are failing this season that I'm fed up with. In the great escape season we were in games and the effort was there. Now you just know we are going to lose every game before it even starts. If we didn't win another game this season come May it would not actually surprise me

Blueman, Libby, Skylarker and 5 others like this.
  17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Good post mate.

If Sevilla give you a proper shafting and then you lose at home to the RS at the weekend, I reckon he could either walk or get the can tbh.

18. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I can't believe how crap they've been this season, I watched them play us a couple of weeks ago, They were crap in that game as well, I was shocked, although, to be fair, They did start the game well.

19. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

With a summary like that, a career in journalism awaits you Matth!

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The only time the ****s have turned up away from home, was when they came to Goodison in the cup <doh>