1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Loggerheads - guests welcome

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by atcham jack, Jul 18, 2011.

1. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

two alternating guest beers of our choice.

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Asda is selling real ale bottles for 4 for £5. In the offer in Shrewsbury is Wye Valley hpa and butty Bach.

3. atcham jack

i wonder if town got pissed before a game they may play any better? just a thought!

4. atcham jack

will the gas stay in the league to give us a laugh in L2 next season! oh and the wobblers, it will be quite like the good old days, jelly on the plate etc.

5. atcham jack

betty swallocks wishes town all the best on saturday. hotpots still her speciality.

6. atcham jack

your executive committee have pleasure in announcing the club will reopen after its long refit on tuesday april 22nd. new floorboards and ceilings have been fitted and a comlete redecoration comletes the picture. we wish to express our admiration to betty swallocks, ethel cuttlebunt and barrney biggun for all their help.

the club will reopen under the direction of our new bar manager clive (of India) japatti, abely assisted by our usual crew including betty (hotpot) swallocks in the galley.

your executive committee are proud to announce the club will be officially opened by general sir stanley wat fizeme fitzgerald a former past president. sir syanley joins me in hoping for a goodly gathering of members at 19.00 hours 22/4/14.

ales on sale

wyevalley butty bach
    waddies 6x
    bathams best

guest ale
    quantock nightjar from wellington somerset.

7. atcham jack

a small retiring collection will be accepted for the wobblers and gas relegation fund.

8. atcham jack

2 pints of butty bach please betty, chrisgashead, let me buy you one!

9. Matster

Forum Moderator

St Austell Proper Job is a lovely drink, now available in Tesco's, only reason I dare enter that feckin shop!

10. Matster

Forum Moderator

11. atcham jack

very sad to hear about liz, give her my love next time you are in. as for st austell beer, i was at the rain soaked devon county show on thursday and in the food tent st austell were giving free samples away albeit in plastic thimbles. tribute, proper job etc. after my 12th visit i retired to the contented cow camra beer tent where 20 devon brewers supplied ales at £3 a pint. had an excellent day, not driving and every time it rained it was beer tent, food tent or beer tent. sadly the sun came out in the afternoon. 3 day show became 2 days as all car parks waterlogged. so saturday cancelled. regards tony devon.

12. atcham jack

i understand bottled ludlow brewery ale has been spotted in co-ops up there?

13. Matster

Forum Moderator

You can buy Ludlow bottled ales in Co-op alongside Hobson's and another lesser brewer that slips my mind

14. Matster

Forum Moderator

They were at the Shrewsbury food festival this weekend too. Corvedale, Woods, Three Tuns were also there, Dickensian were supposedly but did not see them.

15. atcham jack

AJ's State visit to Shropshire is now being firmed up

Thursday lunch time is provisional depending if I can get away by 6am from Devon. I always enjoy the route up from Gloucester, Dymock , Leominster and up the dreaded A49 to Salop.

What I am looking forward to is some Wye Valley Butty Bach in Ludlow, Shropshire ales and Taylors Landlord in the 3 fishes. not sure what regular ales are on at Nags Head on the Cop.

9/10/14 lunchtime 3 fishes and possibly Nags Head. Evening. Railway inn Yorton. b and b Shrewsbury or N Shropshire.

!0/10/14 to Ludlow b and b ludlow

11/10/14 travel to the meddah for a lemonade, return to Ludlow 18.00 hours for Old Ludlovians Dinner. b and b ludlow

12/10/14 Leave Ludlow 05.00 for my home in Wilts and onwards to Warminster Vintage Bus Running Day, back home and onwards to temporary home in Devon.

16. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Are you moving from Devon, AJ? and are you going to the match at Plymouth?

17. Matster

Forum Moderator

The Admiral Benbow and the Coach & Horses past the square are a better bet for salop ales than nags head.

Can I also say here well done to the Red Castle in Harmer Hill for getting in the good beer Guide.

18. atcham jack

I am temporarily down in Devon for past 12 years caring for aged mother. as she is 100 and 3 months my return to my home in Wiltshire may be sooner than later, though enjoying it down here. sadly I cannot make Plymouth game, but have booked hospitality for the club on 11/10/14.

19. atcham jack

Woods Brewery about to do a seasonal ale called Holy Cow, wish they would do a special brew for Chelsea game. a pint of Drogba please. they might bottle a fortune.

20. atcham jack

Been to my Ukelele band practice tonight, always an excuse to go to the Holt Inn at Honiton, owned and run by Otter Brewery. a pint of otter Ale and a pint of Otter seasonal Autumn Ale with a hint of blackberries. any bottled Shropshire ales on sale in supermarkets up there. looking for bottled Bathams and wye valley as well.