1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The next NCFC Head Coach

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Who do you want ass next NCFC manager?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
  1. Roy Hodgson

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Gary Rowett

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Mark Warburton

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Alan Irvine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alan Pardew

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  6. Someone not on the list

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Interesting, his name changes in Germany too! :emoticon-0116-evilg

Bah!

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Eine stuck schwarzwaldekirshetote mit zahne bitter

Bah!

3. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

wer ist die Scheiße oder Anglia?

4. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Ipshitten <cool>

5. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Hughton is British. He only played for RoI because of an Irish grandparent. In any case, Ireland is British enough as part of the British Isles.
    I quite like Komm sie gelb!

6. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Respect is earnt, not divined purely on the basis of your nationality. Rather than lament the fact we've chosen to look overseas, why not criticise the young British managers for "sitting waiting for jobs", and ask just why nobody on the continent wants British managers. Speaking more widely about the managerial merry-go-round, why is Ryan Giggs an automatic contender for every PL/Championship job? He's managed less than ten games, at the back end of a season which didn't matter. He's even less qualified than Farke!

Coaching in this country is decades behind the continent, surely that should be the headline?

7. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure a few people in the Republic would agree with you Rick and a fair few more would say the Ireland is Ireland and not part of Great Britain.

8. RiverEndRick

I meant British as in British Isles rather than part of Britain, OCF. In any case, I don't consider Wes to be a foreign player in that sense. Irish players who have played most of their career in British football are a natural part of British football, IMO.

EDIT: As for Wilkins, I think he's typical of those 'pundits' who think small clubs should have British managers and Big clubs should have managers who speak the same language as their players.

canary-dave likes this.
  9. RiverEndRick

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  10. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

I believe we have made a very courageous decision to totally transform our club and move forward in this new style. After the catastrophe of the last few seasons, excepting promotion two years ago, the board are, for once, to be congratulated. I never thought I would ever type those words. Attracting the right players this summer should now be easier, easier but not easy, because the club will now be seen in a much more positive light. I would guess that a couple of players will arrive from Bundesliege clubs as these will be the players the new coaching team know best. SW will obviously have a say, but I believe that Wagner recruited several of the Huddersfield squad, so look for a few surprise signings. Sorry, I shall now have to go for a lie down. Being this positive is tiring.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Karottenkuchen bitte auch mit Zahne. :emoticon-0166-cake:
    My gut (good in German) is that Woy had a hand in advising Delia and co to go down the SD/HC route.
    I CAN'T for the life of me think that Delia came up with that idea by herself!! <ok>

canary-dave likes this.
  12. RiverEndRick

That's possible, but there was evidence a while back that Ed Balls actually sought advice on the SD/HC structure and urged the Board in that direction.

JM Fan likes this.
  13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well, as I suggested a few days ago, the appointment was certainly 'left field'.
    There's an excellent interview with MB interviewing SW on the appointment and I'm sure we're about to see some significant changes by the time we play our final warm up game against the Seagulls!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

14. goldeneadie

I wondered if Tom may have been instrumental, but whoever originated the idea, the board still had to give the go-ahead.

JM Fan likes this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

The latest offering from MFW - http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...touchline-is-most-welcome-as-a-new-era-dawns/
    DF wants his players to be the ‘protagonists’, to be ‘active’ rather than ‘reactive’, to have ‘good possession’ and strike the optimum balance between defence and attack. This period of acute transition may be in its preliminary stages but Farke is saying the right things. Webber and Farke must decisively determine who stays and who goes, who to pursue and who to leave, who has the requisite hunger to facilitate a ruthless assault on English football’s second tier.
    Farke is no messiah. Despite Thursday’s universal sense of optimism that became clear after the club’s announcement, patience next season will be key. We must not capriciously turn on Farke after a couple of defeats, nor juvenilely expect him to pioneer a campaign of unabating success.

And this particular comment really hits the nail on the head for me – “Yes get excited and run about but please don’t berate players (particularly young ones) whenever they make a mistake like the previous incumbent. Train them, drill them, encourage them and keep them fit but then let them play.”

Edit - So far, I haven't seen or heard any bad press/comments re the appointment of DF as our new HC. Of course it's a gamble/risk, but the fluctuation in our results last season (losing at Rotherham and then putting 7 past Reading) called fr drastic action and IMO, that's EXACTLY what we've got. <ko>

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    goldeneadie and canary-dave like this.
  16. RiverEndRick

I think that consistency was certainly our problem last season (not helped by all of the red cards) and that's what I'm hoping Farke and a new start will bring. I do worry that we may be expecting too much too soon.

17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Well I'm still crying because that nasty Butch Wilkins doesn't like us! <wah>

KIO and RiverEndRick like this.
  18. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Comment #5 is priceless!!! <rofl>
    Thanks Cromer

20. goldeneadie

Oh Dave, he doesn't like being called "Butch" we should call him Ray. We don't want to upset him in case he says nasty things about us on that wonderful radio station TalkSport. Which, luckily, I am unable to listen to here :emoticon-0183-swear:emoticon-0183-swear:emoticon-0183-swear<laugh>

canary-dave likes this.