1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The next NCFC Head Coach

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Who do you want ass next NCFC manager?

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
  1. Roy Hodgson

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Gary Rowett

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  3. Mark Warburton

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Alan Irvine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Alan Pardew

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  6. Someone not on the list

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Can someone tell him he gets his own office and chair... No need for this <laugh>

please log in to view this image

2. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

One of the best articles I’ve seen on MFW re the appointment of DF and this section I found particularly relevant - "As the summer weeks drift by and the return for football staggers along slowly, the reconstruction of Norwich City is well underway. And it hinges on the recruitment of players, player trading and team cohesion. If Farke manages to strike a balance, Norwich could be a very unique, attractive and modern side in a league that is infamous for its competition.
    For many, the spark is starting to be reignited and the progressive approach is contagious. For others, this is a cheap and unambitious move from a board out of touch with modern football.
    I’d ask those people to reconsider their outlook. Whilst questioning the appointment of Farke, somewhat understandably given the recruitment of previous managers, be open to the new structure. Recognise this is a club who has made mistakes and is willing to rectify them. This is an exciting experimental period for a club we are all desperate to see succeed.
    Back it, even if you doubt it.
    Don’t reminisce about last season, because it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future because it hasn’t arrived. Live in the present and allow yourself to get a little bit giddy with hope and expectation as the thirst for football and freshness bursts into the football club. This football club needs to be one because when we are one we have the ability to influence the performance of the football club. Let’s support and let’s play our part and trust the rest to take care of itself."

Full article here - http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...erman-football-translate-to-the-championship/
    Some really good comments follow the article

Edit – so far, I haven’t seen a SINGLE voice/comment against the appointment of DF and ER!! <yikes>

zogean_king and canary-dave like this.
  3. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Well there's always Wilkins and Brazil. <laugh>

but that's a plus in my book! <cheers>

4. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Just the sort of dynamism we need in my opinion....<whistle>

please log in to view this image

5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

If we were still without a manager. How many would want Lambert back, as he has just left Wolves. I think there would be a few. I would have favored him over Irvine, Pardew etc.

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I loved him while he was here but I wouldn't want him now at any price! <ok>

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I think if pushed (in that situation) I'd say no, because I think it was the fiery relationship between Lambert and McNally that sparked really great choices/decisions. Lambert, with Webb might work, but probably wouldn't have the same spark. Right personality's at the right time I think, for that run.

8. RiverEndRick

I think Lambert wants his own way too much to work with a SD. I think he did a great job with us, but he did it for himself, not the club and I wouldn't want him back either.

9. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

You think he saved us from the brink of League one obscurity and possible collapse to a Stable Premier league side in 3 seasons for himself ?

10. RiverEndRick

Yes, as his actions after he left us showed.

JM Fan likes this.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Interesting question FML and according to a poll on the EDP website a couple of weeks ago - 58% would have had him back!! <doh>
    I have to agree Dave. <ok>

Forgot_My_Lines likes this.
  12. DUNCAN DONUTS

Do you know the full circumstances surrounding his departure?

13. RiverEndRick

Enough for me to decide what I feel about him. His time at Blackburn and Wolves only confirms that, IMO.

14. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

IMO Paul Lambert is an NCFC legend however you look at his departure. What he achieved in relatively short time for Norwich with back to back promotions means he'll be amongst the best managers we've ever had... Not to mention his assist with Crofts goal against Reading.

It's a "No" from me regarding a hypothetical return though. We've moved on and i'm not sure the HC/SD structure is Lambert's preference.

15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

It all seems pretty unanimous on here that there is NO WAY we'd want PL back at CR!!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm
    How on earth did the EDP poll get over 50% in favour of his return??????? <doh> :emoticon-0104-surpr :emoticon-0112-wonde

16. DUNCAN DONUTS

See how the big German does in the first 3 months and ask me then ?

17. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Maybe it is done using the same way as other election polls

JM Fan likes this.
  18. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

<laugh> Those Russian hackers at it again?

zogean_king likes this.
  19. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

NORWICH City are delighted to confirm the appointments of Chris Badlan and Kieran Scott to lead the Club’s recruitment department.
    Badlan joins as Head of European Scouting, while Scott takes up the Head of Domestic Scouting position.
    The pair both worked with City’s Sporting Director Stuart Webber at Wolverhampton Wanderers, with Scott having most recently been part of Sean Dyche’s scouting system at Premier League side Burnley.
    Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Webber said: "The idea has been to try and split the scouting department in two in terms of responsibility and accountability.
    "Kieran will head up the UK, with the Academy filtering into that. His background has predominantly been youth recruitment.
    "Having someone coming from the youth side into the first team is great when we’re looking to develop young and hungry players.
    "With Chris, he’s always had a real firm handle on Europe. His knowledge of foreign players is pretty much encyclopaedic.
    "We’ve spoken about being open-minded in terms of who we sign. That includes foreign players and Chris has a really strong working knowledge of this level.
    "They both know how I work, which is important. When you have people who understand the methodology it helps."

20. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Good point DD.