1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Obscenity of the Olympics

Discussion in 'Athletics' started by PGFWhite, Jul 13, 2012.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

The distribution and pricing of Olympic Tickets has ensured that the average person has a pretty slim chance to watch what has become of of the biggest cash troughs in sport. It is corporate greed at it's worst.

Sport? It's a side issue to the lining of corporate pockets.

2. QPR New York

QPR New York Active Member

Yet there are empty seats for most events.

3. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

Best Olympic and Paralympic Games does go to London 2012. So the Yanks can say what they like but I'm proud to be British and in a days time when its over we can reflect on it with a smile on our faces.

4. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Olympics were wonderful but I personally think there's been one or two as good such as Barcelona and Sydney (I'm not going to really argue with anyone who says ours were best as they do have a decent case). The Paralympics, on the other hand, have by a very wide margin been the best on record. I went the other day to the athletics - the atmosphere was off the page. As you said, it's been great being British!

5. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

I would agree if you judged both of them together there is a very strong case of London being the best ever!

I live in London so for the last 7 years its been literally very slow and I just wanted it to start and today its going to be over, the last 7/8 weeks have gone so quick! I went to the Olympics and a Basketball Match where Team GB were playing Spain and it was immense the crowd was wild and the actual building was brilliant.

The park itself was just incredible as well. An experience I'll never forget for sure even though Team GB lost that match and didn't progress from the group stage <ok>

6. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

BBC Sports Award of the Year - team award should go to the Olympic volunteer helpers.