1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Goodhand Arms

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Jul 15, 2014.

1. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Next to where it says Post reply in red, choose a photo from your pictures to upload.

San Tejón likes this.
  2. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

San Tejón likes this.
  3. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your assistance.
    Probably find this has already been uploaded. <doh>

image.jpeg

4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Worth the wait <laugh>

San Tejón likes this.
  5. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

6. TheSecondStain

Are you concerned that every time you search for something on the Net, the chances are you are building up a wealth of data for search engine companies, such as Google, to make money out of you and allow companies to come and bother you.?
    If, like me, you routinely run AdBlockers and Anti-Trackers for your convenience and privacy, you'll know what they save you in terms of time and bother. Not to mention, you are far more left alone than most other surfers.
    Well, here is another layer. Use Start Page [ https://www.startpage.com or www.ixquick.com ] as your home page and favoured search engine. Powered by Google they stop all the data reaching Google and your history of movement around the Net is completely hidden. Me, I shall use it and AdBlocker and Ghostery. That should confuse them.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  7. TheSecondStain

This won't cause even a ripple of interest here, except maybe from LTL, but Cal Crutchlow became the first British bike racer since 1981 [Barry Sheene] to win a MotoGP race: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/37148661

Next up is the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. That's why it's been raining recently. The weather is getting the practice in.

8. fatletiss

All the signs are up locally in preparation round here... Do you ever go to Silverstone TSS?

9. TheSecondStain

Can't afford it these days. Besides, as I'm forever saying, I'm a doer, first and foremost, so I get tonnes more pleasure riding my bike than I do watching others, even if it is racing. I've even stopped the regular watching of it on TV since the Beeb lost the rights. But I'll certainly catch the highlights of this one.

fatletiss likes this.
  10. fatletiss

My Dad is into the GP. I'll need to see if he's coming up..

11. TheSecondStain

British MotoGP is September 4th. That's our next Rambler's periodic bike ride day. Actually it's a pub crawl with bicycles, but it's a heck of a lot of fun. Start is around 11.15am and by about 6.00pm we're in the last pub deciding whether to eat out or go home and cook. It's a surprise to all of us, bar the route coordinator, how many pubs we visit in between. Last time it was 4. The previous one was 6. Maybe 7. Can't quite remember. Really out of the way pubs though, selling great beer.

12. fatletiss

Something is seriously wrong with you and your ramblers TSS. If I've been on a day out involving a few pubs starting around 11:15am, long before 6pm I KNOW I'm eating out!!! :)

13. TheSecondStain

Yes, but we look after our weight.! :)

14. fatletiss

That's because of all the walking... Maybe I should join. You!!

15. TheSecondStain

That's true. It's a very efficient and enjoyable way of controlling weight, keeping mobile, and simply getting a bit of fresh air. There is also the duty of keeping the byways and footpaths open. Some people still want Walkers and Ramblers out of their territory, and that's something to be resisted. It's a British public right and a relatively rare thing in the World.

But the overriding thing is that it is actually good fun. Nearly 3 years ago I didn't know my local Ramblers but on my first walk I was having long conversations with individuals who now walk up to me and give me a big hug if I don't see them for a couple of months or so. OK, there are one or two pompous Ramblers but the overwhelming vast majority are in it for a good laugh, good exercise, good conversation and some great views from rambling. May I suggest you have a taster walk or two and then see whether you want to join your local group.

fatletiss likes this.
  16. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Delighted for him - he's grafted away at that series and it's very well deserved. Great to see Vale come second too!

TheSecondStain likes this.
  17. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mily-reveal-managed-drink-water.html?ITO=1490

Charlie Webster showing some improvement, but still sounds serious when they mention that she has managed some water. She remains on dialysis, but they are hoping to wean her off that. Sounds like she had a lucky escape...here's hoping she makes a complete recovery. Malaria is such a terrible disease and kills so many children....hopefully this gives a boost to charitable causes trying to raise money and awareness. It's an ill wind etc.

fatletiss likes this.
  18. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Well done <cheers>

19. greensaint

greensaint Well-Known Member

They did make rather nice motorcycles under the parent company IZH moniker though. As part of my attempt to experience all the models of eastern european motorcycles know to man I had a 350 Planeta Sport Single in the early eighties. Could do 90mph, well it would if the weave at 60mph didn't throw you off.

TheSecondStain likes this.
  20. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Just had the call I've been waiting for. My eldest daughter has just produced my first grandchild! A bonny boy weighing in at a rather massive 9lb 15oz!!!

Whoopee!!! <cracker><diva><cheers>