1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Oscars 2017

Discussion in 'Movies' started by A.L.D.O 4.1, Feb 26, 2017.

1. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Tonight is Oscars night and so i thought I'd indulge myself in telling the Academy who they should pick for the honours if they were as sensible as me.

So....

Best director.

Damien Chazzelle.will win this for La La Land because Hollywood loves a film that celebrates...Hollywood. Me, i really don't get these modern musicals. ****s bursting into song at the drap of a hat doesn't float ma boat.

So i would probably go for Denis Villenueve of those who are nominated. Arrival is pretty spectacular it has to be said.

Best supporting actress.

For me Viola Davis should win this out the park. Her performance in Fences is fantastic.

Best supporting actor.

Hard one to call this. Some fine performances from the nominees.

Dev Patel in lion and Lucas Hedges in Manchester by the sea are both great but it has to be Micheal Shannon's performance in Nocturnal animals. Total standout in film with a particular excellent cast.

Best animated feature.

Haven't seen all the films that have been nominated but Kubo and the two strings is a masterpiece and if that doesn't won then i will certainly be watching the film that does.

Best actress.

Emma.Stone will win this. Natalie Portman"s display in Jackie is well worth a gong though

Best actor

Another doozy.

Of those nominated i would give it to Denzel for Fences just because it's Denzel.

Casey Afleck in Manchester by the sea is excellent though and i wouldn't be at all upset if he won it.

Best picture.

If it was me then i would give this gong to Fences.

Manchester by the sea at a pinch.

Certainly not La La land. So that will probably win it.

Nae accounting for taste eh.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

La La Land is overrated sadly. The only decent part of the film is the last 10 mins when the penny drops. Other that that it's distinctly average. If Emma Stone wins Best Actress then it really will be a tragic day. Here's the irony - imagine Andrew Garfield winning Best Actor. We literally have the two main stars from two of the crappiest superhero movies, going on to win the highest accolades in acting. Having said that, Garfield at least deserves to be nominated. Talking of which Hacksaw Ridge may just have an outside chance of getting Best Picture. Mel Gibson seems to look a shoe-in for Best Director.

3. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Garfield did do a fine job in Hacksaw ridge and it was a decent film but i think Afleck is a shoe in for best actor. Think Gibson is still in the bad books in Hollywood so i can't see him winning best director.

Treble likes this.