1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The other forum

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Gone are the days where gasheads respected each other! The internet has destroyed this I think.
    On the old official fans forum, I was annoyed with the constant bickering between some members. It got on my nerves a lot. Gasheads abusing each other was something that I wasnt use to seeing. It didnt even happen on the BBC606. In the end I only used the OS forum for reading along catching up on things that maybe we on here NOT606 have missed. When the club shut down the fans forum, I didnt bother signing up to other gas forums as I thought the bickering and abuse would only continue but would still read along now and then. Everytime I drop in on other forums there seems to be a lot of arguments. Its got to the point where I cant be assed to even visit those forums. Its saddens me where I see so called gasheads fight each other over the internet. If it was a forum where it was face to face, I dont believe a lot of these prats would be man enough to shout their mouth off at each other. Just now I popped over to gashead.org and seen this thread.... http://gasheads.org/thread/2536/help-regarding-tickets
    Now I dont know if I missed something but what was the point in the bickering in that thread? So pointless and it was over nothing. Why do people act this way with each other. I know we are quiet here compared to the other gas forums but im very happy here that although there is disagreements betweens us on NOT606, we all still respect each others opinions. Im proud of that to be honest. I would love us to grow as big as the other forums but if it meant we would inherit the abuse and bickering then no thanks. Rather keep it a handful of us please!

Keep up the good work on here gasheads. Our conduct here, to me, sets us apart from the others.

smhbcfc likes this.
  2. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

Very well said CJS :emoticon-0148-yes:. Since joining this forum I have been made to feel very welcome

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bunch of ****ers, brave warriors of sitting behind a keyboard gobbing off I bet they're all about 18 where skinny jeans over sized trainers from the 1980's

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  4. EGLL Gas

EGLL Gas Well-Known Member

I'll second the above comment !!

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I miss the old BBC 606...this is ok, but it's not the same...

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

AMOT & EGLL, im glad you feel welcomed here guys <ok> Just stop picking up points in the prediction leagues <grr>

Gastro, I agree with you completely!

EGLL Gas and A Matter Of Time like this.
  7. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I miss BBC606 too...the best site I've known.
    I do go on the other two sites, but only sparingly....same name.
    Generally there's too much bitching there and oneupmanship.
    Our site (and City's too!) is much more civilised and humourous.

8. Jon the Stripe

Jon the Stripe Active Member

Have to agree unfortunately. the bickering etc put me off for a few months. The conduct appears better here and is appreciated by its users.

Please remember though the majority on both other forums are good decent Gasheads and dislike the arguing as much as us.

UTG

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yes, fair point! <ok>

Jon the Stripe likes this.
  10. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Well if they are sick of it, and do not get involved, maybe they would like to consider getting on board here with us on not 606 ;)

11. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

CJS - from a City perspective I find the OTIB board the same

I stick to this forum - both the City and Rovers boards on here seem to have reasonable people who (most of the time) respect other people opinions

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<ok>

13. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Maybe we should remember the viciousness and nasty comments that closed the Rovers forum after last seasons relegation and have respect for all other users. I have generally found good humour in most comments on this forum even if people sometimes did not agree with the points made.

Jon the Stripe likes this.