1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The "Pick Your Team" Game

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by citycityhull, Feb 22, 2011.

1. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

Remember how much fun this was last season with Brown/Dowie? You know the game, we all pick our strongest team for the upcoming match (usually most had the same 8-9 players, others down to personal preferances) then Brownie/Dowie picks a completely different team, usually with Kilbane somewhere in it!!!

Damn you Pearson for ruining a perfectly good game by picking your strongest team....

2. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

Yes, damn you Pearson for actually getting points on the board!

There are still minor differences between mine and NP's line-ups but if it gets results I can hardly complain.

3. TigerFace

TigerFace Member

Minor been the key word there.

4. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

Yes, there's usually one, possibly two, instead of six or seven like it was with Dowie, ie Kilbane, Folan.

5. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

It is very refreshing, the only debating point for tonight will be who is replacing Stewart, is it Harper and Koren wide, or Devitt in straight swap, and does Simpson start ahead of McLean.

Personally i think Brown/Dowie tried to "out think" other managers, where as Pearson just goes with the old faithfull tactic of picking our best team

6. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

When we were first in the PL a lot of our success was getting put down to the surprise element and our failings afterwards as us being found out. I reckon they were just trying to get it back by randomly selecting the team each week. What was the point of any opposition manager having us scouted when the next week we'd make 5 unforced changes to keep it fresh.