1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

*** The pilgrimage Bar***

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have they bricked it up ?.......please this is civilian street.......don't talk shop.........:rolleyes:.....<whistle>.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You would have liked it in there Plym......<party>

End of an era but like all things they eventually come to an end. To think I'm talking from knowledge of 40 years ago and it was well famous by then. Not theat I ever went in the place of course.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

As I'm still up and it's past midnight it must be the 29th so Happy Birthday to Mrs GreenarmyJoe who must be around 6 today.......<bubbly><bubbly><bubbly><bubbly><rose><rose><rose><rose><cracker><cracker>:emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0166-cake::emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance<somersault><somersault>

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Thanks Sensible i will pass on the wishes.. Cost me £30.00 in flowers... Means i will have to work tomorrow.. Bit older than 6.. A friend of mine said is she 15? x 4 i must add not a teenager.. She was a bit upset at that comment.. she is getting on now.. :emoticon-0177-toivo

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just popped in to see if anyone was here.....not offering to buy drinks all round.....sorry.......this is the first time today that I've been able to log in to not606.....am I the only one....or has it been offline again.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Not sure plym as i was at Work.. not many can say that on here now.. Sensible was resting... :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Bleddy crap day today and wish I hadn't got up. Grandson not very well, picked grandaughters up from school and they did nothing but fight for 3 hours. It was cold and my toilet cistern decided to pack in working. Still the missus is good with a bucket till we get it fixed. Think I need a drink so will open a bottle of lager in a minute when I've taken my drugs.

Lets hope it's a better one tomorrow.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Did you mean your medication sensible ....:rolleyes:.........the two we picked up on Thursday where fine.......especially the lad....who has just heard this week that he has got his first choice school........a boys grammer school at Wilmington about half an hour away.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Course Imeant medication. I'm not really taking heroin or cocaine.

The two girls are almost 8 and just 9. Pain in the aris when they want to be and they did nothing but fight. Usually they are fine so what got into them yesterday I don't know. It's the younger one that picks on the older one believe it or not most of the time. Still, have a plumber coming and have slept since yesterday.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Toilet flush fixed once more. Had to put a coin slot on the door now for visitors to pay for the plummer though.

Just looked up the half time scores for tonight. Looks like a certain 3 points for Pompey and Bristol so far. Could be worse I suppose as we definately don't want Accrington to win this one. Would prefer a draw but not going to happen now unless portsmouth do a collapse,

11. Greenarmyjoe

Take his payment out of your spare change as it wont have been much to replace that at special rates for OAP..

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You sexist pig. I had a pink plumber not a him. You don't get special rates but they do clean up after themselves which is a bonus. I have grandchildren which means I NEVER EVER have spare change. They nick it all.

13. Greenarmyjoe

The pink lady!! We clean up after ourselves.. but don't polish the dust off like the pink lady!! They pink ones can only do the small jobs.. they cant lift boilers or Ground source heat pumps.. or solar panels.. well i have not seen them do it as yet.. I can imagine they pinch it all. we give special rates to OAP.. as they are all rich.. <applause>

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just as well I didn't need any of those then. She was ex RN as well so I had to hire her.

15. Greenarmyjoe

Not a real plumber then.. been on a training course... Lots of them about now.. plastic plumbers.. Not many lady ones out there.. i have had a few call to see if we have any apprenticeships..

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well she sorted my plumbing out so that's all I could ask.

Went into town today to buy a loft ladder which was same price at Argos as anywhere else. Was walking up Royal Parade with it tucked under my arm when a gust of wind nearly lifted me off my feet. It was just when a bit of the big screen blew off and headed for the Hoe. I think if I'd been carrying it above my head I would have done some hang gliding. I'm about the 14 stone mark so must have been pretty strong. The missus was with me and if I'd been a bit quicker I could have passed it over to her. She's about 8 stone so wouldn't have landed until she got to the Eddystone Rock. I'll know what to do if there's a next time. It's about time this crap weather buggered off and it bucked up isn't it. The weeds in my garden are getting bigger than me now.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You'll know what to do next time ????.....how many loft ladders do you buy in a life time.....:D.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If it's not windy one but if it's blowing a hooley then definately two.:1980_boogie_down:

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just watched the FA Cup game Reading v Palace on the box. I thought it was quite aimless for most of it but what a load of cheating bar stewards Palace are. I was explaining to my other half why they fall down so eaily and then moan at the Ref when they get booked for almost touching somebody else when they do it. My prediction was somebody was going to get sent off and eventually a penalty would be given. Bugger me but around 5 minutes later it happened as described. I just hate to see it all going on. Players falling over, claims being made at the Ref which are plain daft along with the card requests as well. Pardew is as bad as his players. Arms aloft appealing for this or that when he should be embarrassed his players are doing what they are doing. I tried telling her indoors that the Managers encourage it all when it's their way but complain at anything and everything the other way. I have to say I thought the Argyle v Oxford game was a credit to football in this day and age. Nobody rolling around on the deck. Nobody appealling for anything. Nobody diving and the Ref letting play go both ways. They should show that match in dressing rooms as an example of what they should do and then show as many embarrassing dives for the what not to do. Mind you I don't think players would even understand the message let alone abide by it. Bolaisse dived. The defender wouldn't have knocked my old granny over with that challenge. All the pundits do is call it "soft". It isn't soft it's out and out cheating so lets call it by it's proper name.

20. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

day six of my northern excursion. No 1 son's house is full of boxes looking suspiciously like flat pack furniture. So far I have installed a washing machine (including reworking a load of rubbish plumbing) , fixed the loo door so it actually closes and locks. Replaced an internal door frame (which to be fair I had to destroy to get our old corner settee in), stripped wallpaper, prepared and repainted walls, re wall papered and slept on the floor(blow up matress)-bloody knackered. Resorting to northern beer to numb the pain. whatever happens I will be back for saturday's match, he can do his own flatpacks.