1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

*** The pilgrimage Bar***

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've heard it all now......fighting over a Ginsters Pasty.....look how far we've fallen.....<wah>.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

It is not a fresh pasty.. its a Ginsters :emoticon-0119-puke: Any one of us could still win it..

3. Greenarmyjoe

Im glad that it will be Leicester winning the title and they deserve it.. Yes thought Spurs would do it.. but they bottled it last night.. just glad its gone to them and not the usual candidates.. Proves you dont have to waste millions on over rated players! <doh>

4. Greenarmyjoe

Nelson made the league 2 team of the year.. No body else came close?

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Damn your eyes BC you won't get a sniff let alone a crumb. The ginsters is mine I tell you.

Nelson has been very consistent all season to be fair. Others have flattered at times it's true but Nelson is a constant.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Something to warm me up please Bartender......got talked into going to watch the Kent Senior Cup Final at Dartford by my grandson and his dad.....it was bleaging freezing.......a little flurry of snow now and again.....plus a touch of thunder and lightening as well.

Match between Dartford (National South) and Charlton U21's......Dartford stronger and more muscular, Charlton more skillful......but the winners where Dartford 3-1......Zac Ansah turned out for Charlton....but made no impression at all.

Wished I'd stayed home in the warm....rather novel to be able to walk around the ground and stand anywhere to watch the game.....can't remember being able to do that since my son turned 10....he's now nearly 46.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Did you know it is a scientific fact that you need ice in the atmosphere to make thunder and lightning plym. I keep wanting to switch my heating off and everytime I think about it the temperature drops again. At this rate I'll have to spend some of my heating allowance...........

Anyway plym at your age you shouldn't be out too far after dark.

8. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I can taste the Pasty now Sensible i will have to fly over for you to buy me one..and a pint..

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Who said anything about a pint as well.....getting cheeky there BC.

10. AWAY IN BC

Mmmm wonder what sort of beer he drinks a pint of Bitter for me.

Actually if we did all meet one day i would buy all a pint for all the info i received from you.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I am bitter but I don't drink it BC. However, I'd gladly buy you a pint of it if you ever venture this far South. I'd also chuck in a ginsters and then watch your face when you tasted it. Believe me you wouldn't want another one. I'd buy you a proper one though. As I never usually win anything though I have to fight tooth and nail for the ginsters on principle.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I opened a bottle and filled my glass about 10 minutes ago to raise it in congratulations to Leicester FC who tonight have become premier league champions for the first time in their history. Valiant attempt by Spurs but not good enough. Two of the top four would probably have not been backed by many to fill a Champions League place for next season and break the stranglehold that 4 or 5 clubs have had on it. A great day for English football and I'm fair chuffed for them. That's the way to bet Joe. Just chuck a fiver on at 5000/1 and count your winnings. Loving it.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Yep i agree , They deserve it.. but the top two have given the prem a better meanings as the big clubs have struggled, the bookies have had a bit of a loss

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The bookies will have made a killing Joe. But many would have taken the bet at the start on Leicester but many many more would have on the usual suspects.

Have to agree that by what has happened this season it gives a bit more credibility to the premiership than before. In virtually every league in Europe there are only a couple of teams that can win their respective top leagues. The same was happening here but at least now something worthy of talking about has happened. By Spurs coming second that has also added to it and they can be proud of a great season. They might have to answer a few questions on the 9 bookings they got tonight though. I suspect their European matches might just pay their fine and some though.

15. Greenarmyjoe

They may not have a team to finish the season haha. Its about time some one stood up to chelsea and give them a bit of what they dish out.. Not what i want to see and i think one or two will get looked into by our friends at the FA.. I think costa is a horrible Twat.
    I may put a few quid on Leicester going down next season, hope fully not.. but if they do not get far in the CL,their players will leave then..

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

On a serious note AwayinBC I hope that there fire isn't anywhere near you and your bears. I've been watching it on the news and boy does it look like a big one.

17. AWAY IN BC

No the fire is about a 12hr drive away from where we live near Vancouver..
    Even so we live surrounded by forest and mountains and it only takes a spark and we will have the same problem.
    Like you we have "idiots" that start the trouble like lighting a camp fire when in the bush that gets out of hand.
    All camping Areas now have Camp Fire Bands...
    It takes us about a 10 hr drive across BC into Alberta then 2hrs up to the Ft. McMurray area which we won't be doing any time soon.
    And it's still burning..

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Didn't realise how big Canada is till you say a 12 hour drive to cross BC. More to the point I suppose I never really thought about it. Anyway glad you are not in any peril BC and I'd hope it rains hard soon to help out.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

In hindsight it's a good job it is that far away....or you would all be moving to Vancouver Island.

20. AWAY IN BC

To think that you can fit the whole of the UK into Vancouver Island a lovely place to visit.