The Politics thread (to be taken serious, or not)

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by The Prime Minister, Jan 8, 2017.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Staff Member

That's just an off topic ramble fishing for likes.. :emoticon-0114-dull:

EDIT
    As is the one below, that's not worth a reply of its own.

And the one below that. :emoticon-0113-sleep

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I disagree. People responding to his crap shouldn't be tarred with the same brush, in my opinion.

3. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

<ok>

4. Tobes

Tobes Usual bland and inoffenSive title

The initial point was you defending Griffin, by saying that he'd been cleared of being a racist in the Old Bailey (the trial was in Leeds).

You then edited your post 15 minutes later when your google search obviously found the fact that he'd already been found guilty of inciting racial hatred in 1998.

The fact that you feel the need to type 'wacist' instead of the real word, as the alt right seem to be fond of these days, merely shows your true colours.

Griffin was talking about crimes already know in 2004, unsurprisingly he chose to focus on Muslims, as he's an Islamophobe (by his own admission)

Calling a racist a racist isn't something that society should be ashamed of ffs, he was a convicted racist who headed up the BNP, why would anyone of sound mind want to listen to him?

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

So if somebody doesn't think like you then they shouldn't express it on here, yeah? Nick Griffin isn't my favourite person but if someone agrees with something he says then fine. Doesn't mean he's defending him, it just means that he agrees with him on something.

6. Tobes

Yeah do this ^ Dull.

You'll find many more of your own kind over there. Bye.

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

And here's another consequence of the Tory bung to the DUP:
    http://www.private-eye.co.uk/hp-sauce

Nothing to do with the large amount that the DUP received, which was subsequently spent on Brexit ads in England, of course.
    That's totally above board and not at all suspicious.

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Staff Member

Wrong on just about all counts, particularly your repeated claim I'm defending Griffin, when I clearly state I'm pointing out where your failed ideology contributed to the suffering of young victims. No wonder you try to change away from that painful and shameful topic.

9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Staff Member

<ok>

10. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

If this was a one-off, then I'd agree with you.
    Facts are facts and if someone's right, then it doesn't matter who they are.
    When someone always agrees with arseholes though, then it's quite likely that they're also an arsehole themselves.

Edit: Note that he's criticising people for calling Griffin a racist.

Spurlock likes this.

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Staff Member

I agree. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

12. Tobes

Your opening gambit on the subject of Nick Griffin was you saying that the word 'racist' was meaningless, and was used merely to stifle discussion

A very clear indication of what your thought process is, in matters of racial hatred.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 5:02 PM
  13. Blueman

Oh Griffin is a racist, without doubt. Doesn't mean that you can't agree with him on something though Tbh mate I think Jeremy Corbyn is an absolute melt, doesn't stop me agreeing with him very occasionally though. Does that make me a leftie fruitcake? Not at all.

DMD likes this.
  14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Staff Member

Wrong again. It's a clear indication that dickheads like you have made the term meaningless. Look how often you try to spray it around on here, and generally fail to back up your claim.

None of which changes the uncomfortable fact that Griffin and Cryer were right, and the PC brigade squealing 'wacist' added to a lot of suffering.

15. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

You wouldn't slag off people that criticised Corbyn and blame them for his failings though, would you?
    He's literally saying that people pointing out Griffin's racism contributed to sexual abuse in Rotherham.
    It's an ongoing thing with him, where he claims that anyone criticising his racist heroes is stifling debate and is therefore a fascist.
    It's an alt-right thing that's been used for quite a while by edgy teenagers on 4chan and the like.

16. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC Well-Known Member

Sadly on here it does, the usual suspects will cry racist then spend 10 pages calling you racist.

petersaxton and DMD like this.
  17. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

You are a racist. See my sig for some examples :emoticon-0148-yes:

Tobes likes this.
  18. Tobes

It's far from meaningless, and when it's been aimed at people on here, it's been backed up by quoting their own words ffs.

What's wrong is far right ****s like you, who waffle on about free speech for the likes of Griffin and accuse others of trying to stifle the debate when he's a convicted peddler of hate.

His comments about Muslim paedophiles weren't based on his own research btw, they were promoting a documentary that suited their agenda i.e. it was pointing the finger at Muslims. As it turned out the issue was real, but does that make him someone who should be lauded for it?

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Staff Member

That is a big part of what I'm saying, yes.

Had they listened and acted on the abusers, instead of wasting resources on an ultimately failed court venture, maybe a lot of suffering could have been avoided. They acted as they did, for fear of being branded as racist, or not being hard enough on those deemed racist.

Which bit of that is wrong?

20. Blueman

No I wouldn't slag them off and I wouldn't say that people pointing out his racism is a contributing factor to it. I think that some people were reluctant to act for fear of being branded a racist. A lot of people knew about it for a while before anything was done.

DMD likes this.