1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Power Of Money

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It brings home the scary power of the Sky TV monies when of the top 40 richest clubs in the world (according to a report by Deloitte), the 20 teams in the current Prem are all in there. Now you'd expect the Manchester and richer London clubs to certainly make the top 40, but when Stoke, Hull and Burnely are there....well !!!

When you also consider the likes of the Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, and Dutch giants some of the smaller clubs are competing against then that is some achivement.

Did you know that Cardiff got more money by being relegated last year than the Premiership Champions got in 2013 !!!!!!!!
    Other findings include:
    • Galatasaray was the only club from outside the "big five" European leagues to make the top 20
    • Italy's Napoli was a new entrant into the top 20 after its revenues soared by more than 50%
    • Spain's Atletico Madrid moved up from 20th to 15th place after reaching the Champions League final
    Meanwhile, broadcast rights deals pushed the entire Premier League into the wider top 40 highest earning clubs.
    DELOITTE FOOTBALL MONEY LEAGUE
    • 1. Real Madrid: 549.5m (518.9m)
    • 2. Man Utd: 518m (423.8m)
    • 3. Bayern Munich: 487.5m (431.2m)
    • 4. Barcelona: 484.6m (482.6m)
    • 5. Paris Saint Germain; 474.2m (398.8m)
    • 6. Manchester City: 414.4m (316.2m)
    • 7. Chelsea: 387.9m (303.4m)
    • 8. Arsenal: 359.3m (284.3)
    • 9. Liverpool: 305.9m (240.6m)
    • 10. Juventus: 279.4m (272.4m)
    Source: Deloitte, revenues in euros for 2013-14 season. Note: 2012-13 revenues in brackets

It could be us one day...........

2. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I keep say this, but something needs to be done about the distribution of Sky money in English football

For example if each Premier League league team took £5m less each season - it would enable the FA to give an additional £1.38m to the 72 FL clubs. Or £1.35m if they included the 2 teams who go out/in to the League from the Conference. This money would be a massive boost to clubs in the FL, half of whom will never even sniff the Premier League.

3. LARED

LARED Member

Its the law of the market place. The rich clubs will continue to get richer and in 10 years time leagues 1 and 2 will be semi pro. The only question is when the boom and bust scenario strikes!

4. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

It all contributes to the rising cost of football

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

and what do Cardiff get this season?

6. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

The Premier League has essentially killed the soul of English football. There is no reversing this now. Unless you support one of the superpowers, then there is no realistic expectation that your club will ever win the league. Every so often we will see a team such as Southampton defy the odds but it will be short term only as the big boys continue to pick off all the talent.

For the average fan, other than the convenience of seeing more footy on TV, the future is not bright.

7. Angelicnumber16

Is it something like £70m ? Not 100% sure though

8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I believe that relegated clubs get £60m spread over 4 years

9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Whatever they got will go into Tans back pocket when he leaves anyway. He's probably seething at turning back to blue

10. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just noticed this thread. Not far out there smh - the three relegated clubs will receive £59M spread over 4 years.

We got £23M this year and will get £18M next. That's followed up with £9M in each of years 3 and 4.

It seems a ridiculous amount by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm afraid you are wrong ROD to assume Tan can pocket the cash and run. The strict rules of parachute payments prevents them being used for any form of debt reduction and restricts its' use towards meeting the clubs annual running costs in each year.

Having said that, although it will not go directly into Tan's wallet enabling him to do a runner, it will certainly lessen his need to open it as often as he has done in the recent past.

Looking forward to meeting you guys next season - if we can stay up.

smhbcfc likes this.

11. Angelicnumber16

And now Real Madrid are the latest cop out merchants and will allow the Bernabeu to be renamed in the pursuit of money which is supposed to be 500 million Euros over 20 years

Very sad state of affairs

Real Madrid to rename stadium Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu

Real Madrid are set to rename their Bernabeu stadium as part of a sponsorship deal with United Arab Emirates-based International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC).
    The two parties agreed their partnership, believed to be worth up to 500 million euros to the Spanish club over a period of 20 years, in October.
    It includes naming rights for the Bernabeu - Real's home since 1947.
    The stadium also hosted the 1982 World Cup Final.

12. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Then again what do you expect from a team shelling out silly money for players like £85 million for bale £80 million for Ronaldo and similar sums for Kaka and Rodriquez.

13. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for Real Madrid and Barcelona (and the Italian clubs) starting all these expensive signings in the past then football might of stayed in some sort of control.
    I don't blame most of the players, to me if my company offered me a pay rise to stay but another offered me a lot more of course I'm going to try the other, I want what's best for my family not everyone else's. Some engineer the move to get more money, sulk and refuse to play etc they are twats to me but others are only doing it for their future.

Real Madrid are bankrolled by a bank, and now this whats the odds on them breaking the transfer record once again this summer.

14. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Yes, maybe they will sign Suarez