1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The QPR Not 606 Rolling Election Poll

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, Feb 11, 2015.

?

Who will you vote for in the May 2015 UK General Election?

Poll closed May 5, 2015.
  1. Conservative

36 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Green

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Labour

17 vote(s)
    15.3%
  4. Liberal Democrat

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. SNP

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. UKIP

18 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Other

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. I will not vote

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  9. I cannot vote - too young/in prison/in House of Lords/mad

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  10. I am not a citizen of the UK

13 vote(s)
    11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Wherabouts in Madrid are you? My brother has lived there for over 20 years, he and his family now live out in Collado Villalba, my Mum and my daughter are out visiting them now. His mother in law has a flat round the corner from the Bernabeu, though my brother has followed Athletico for years. I used to go to Alcobendas for work a lot, less often now. Not a fascinating area.

2. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

Small world, I'm very close to the Bernabeu as well and I know the other places you mention. Don't want to hijack the thread with a Madrid- lovein. Happy to PM

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

This thread needed a little diversion. And a kipper has defected to the Tories now in the poll, they're back to level pegging with Labour.

4. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

[
    Do you have any direct experience of dealing with ATOS Chaz?

What is the benefit that costs the UK £13.9 billion, and why do you consider it to be a bad thing?

5. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Family members have been through the assessment process. And any percentage of a benefit that is ilegally claimed by people that are not entitled is a bad thing, because it takes money from people that need it.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

....but probably not as much money as those who avoid/evade tax do. Both are areas that require action, but also perspective.

Listening to the wireless this morning I caught frizzy haired ex Queen axe god Brian May talking about his 'common decency' campaign. Now, he pretty obviously sits on the green left, and there is much on here about badger culling, but he is also strongly in favour of getting people to vote and is planning, based on feedback, to identify the most 'decent' candidate in each constituency (he claims to be turning to experts and public feedback to set the criteria, but I'm pretty sure opposition to badger culling will be one of them, which is a shame because it's a nifty idea. Willingness to defy the party whip should be on the list). He claims to have identified some 'decent' candidates from all the major parties....except UKIP.

http://www.commondecency.org.uk

They also had Alex Salmond on. You may hate him with a passion, but it's hard to deny he's a much better speaker/debater/interviewee than the vast majority of the others. Probably because he actually believes in what he is saying.

Labour is promising us a week of scaremongering on the NHS, lagging behind this thread. Doubtless the Tories will hit back with scaremongering on the economy and the SNP. Yawntastic.

I just don't get this cut price Lloyd's Bank shares offer. Who would want to buy them? My wife used to work for them decades ago, and has a negligible stock holding. They haven't paid a dividend for years, it's just another **** bank.

Also worked out why the poll on here is so right wing. The electorate is largely over 35 year old white men. Thank god for young ladies. And the not so young ones.

Quality Passing Rules likes this.
  7. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Not going to go through item by item but for clarity: tax avoidance is legal, tax evasion isn't. Therefore tax evasion should be pursued to get the revenue, whilst with avoidance, you can close off 'loopholes' but you cannot get any money back.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  8. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Would you care to make it the over 37s? I definitely don't fall into a Tory demographic and would happily be excluded from it.

9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Christ! This thread is getting tedious!!

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I know that. Avoidance is still immoral or at least anti-social though, as can be seen by the embarrasment of those who are caught out 'avoiding' tax. We are already a relatively low tax economy, it irritates me to see the usually already well off trying to pay as little as possible. And before you put this down to envy, I'm in the same tax bracket as you Chaz, if I read one of your earlier posts correctly.

11. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. If only high-level tax avoidance and evasion were pursued with the same level of resources that are devoted to disability claimants.

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/...p-earners-no-wonder-tax-avoiders-are-winning/

200 tax inspectors at, say, £50k each, would cost £10 million per annum. We have been paying ATOS £100 million a year to assess claimants.

12. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

I bounce you back to post 674. If they got their own house in order they'd save more. But you obviously have a bee in your bonnet about it so I'll let you continue to think that it's ok to hound the needy rather than sort their own department out. There is no balance in your viewpoint but you have the right to it. I would wager that you are in a minority once all the facts are actually looked at with a balanced view.

Swords Hoopster. likes this.
  13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Maybe just 35 to 50. Get past that people often become a bit less possession fixated and focus more on what is best for everyone. The Right loses a lot of it's appeal when you aren't thinking mine, mine, mine.

14. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Oh ffs - I don't think that it is right. stop making assumptions about people you don't know. You appear to be the one with the bee, sir...

15. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Since when has morality been a political driver? Actually, reading posts over the last year, since when has morality been a driver on this board? I have seen many threads where the mention of morality gets ridiculed.

And I wouldn't suggest you are driven by envy or any other emotion, I respect your view and unlike some, I wouldn't suggest you hold it due to some irrational or illogical bias....

16. Quality Passing Rules

After being through the courts to get their blatant bullying overturned I every right to have a bee in my bonnet.

Also, I'm not making assumptions, I have quite clearly demonstrated that your view is imbalanced and to be blunt. rather offensive to anyone that has had to deal with these people.

I would argue you are making assumptions. At least I have been through the processes we are discussing. HAVE YOU?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  17. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

OK - one more time for the hard of thinking...

YOU replied to a post above (in your post 691) where I said family members had been through the process. So your question is just pointless, as you already know the answer. And there's no need to shout...

Secondly, had you actually read my posts, you would see that time and again I have stated that whilst I empathise completely with people that go through this, I can understand why the process is necessary and have stated why I think that clearly, over and again.

I'm making no assumptions, certainly not of the magnitude you are about my motivation. I have also posted nothing at all offensive, and don't like the approach you are taking towards my perfectly valid opinion and view. You seem happy - to select an apt word from the topic - to 'bully' people that don't completely agree with you. I'm not joining in that game, mate. You can play that one alone.

Anyone else got anything different they want to discuss about the upcoming election, so we can leave this one behind?

18. Quality Passing Rules

Am I reading that right...... you accuse me of being a bully............... now who's making assumptions.

19. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Not assumptions, just reading your posts... You do reply to adverse views (or what you perceive as adverse views) with a certain degree of vitriol.

20. Quality Passing Rules

On this topic, I am very passionate. If your confusing passion with vitriol, that's your look out. I have said your welcome to your opinion but your view is at odds with the vast majority of people that have had to deal with it. I'll stop posting on the matter but I think your accusation of bullying is somewhat misplaced. Don't get ill or injured though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.