1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The QPR Not 606 Rolling Election Poll

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sb_73, Feb 11, 2015.

?

Who will you vote for in the May 2015 UK General Election?

Poll closed May 5, 2015.
  1. Conservative

36 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Green

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Labour

17 vote(s)
    15.3%
  4. Liberal Democrat

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. SNP

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. UKIP

18 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Other

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. I will not vote

11 vote(s)
    9.9%
  9. I cannot vote - too young/in prison/in House of Lords/mad

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  10. I am not a citizen of the UK

13 vote(s)
    11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Protest votes are effectively votes for the main party that suffers the least from protest votes. So if you want a Labour government, vote UKIP or Green.

rangercol likes this.
  2. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

A big problem for me and I suspect a lot of other people in non-metropolitan areas is that the vote is not just for the ruling party but for the incompetent buffoon that you want to send to represent your area.

Needless to say that they don't save their best candidates for Ipswich.

For example, I recently had the pamphlet from Ben "conceived over a pentogram, in a pool of lamb's blood, with a throng of sinister, hooded figures watching and chanting" Gummer outlining all his promises - improving the hospital, improving traffic flow, rejuvenating the failing town centre etc. These are the same things he promised when he was elected in 2010 and, if anything, each of the aforementioned is worse.

The alternatives are just as flaky with the Labour offering similar policies with different wording, the Greens spouting the usual about investing heavily in businesses associated with house insulation (as a potential aid to solving unemployment) and UKIP with no apparent manifesto whatsoever (presumably on the basis that manifesto is a foreign word and should be excluded).

It's going to take something special to make me not spoil that ballot.

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Spent a chunk of yesterday evening trying to persuade my nearly 19 year old lad, currently an old school Marxist, that he should at least turn up to spoil his ballot paper, otherwise his protest just looks like apathy (no problem with those who are genuinely apathetic, personal choice etc). In fact, if we really wants to hasten the revolution he should tactically vote Tory or UKIP. Don't think I changed his mind though.

4. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Bad week for Cameron. Tax dodging stories and MPs outside interests play badly for the Tories and now his immigration pledge is blown apart.

5. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Yeah, doing so well financially that everyone wants to move here is a bad thing. Personally I'd far rather have a thriving economy outstripping the rest of Europe and a larger net migration, than no money and a few less Poles or Romanians.

6. Stroller

Was that a response to my post Chaz?

I'm not scared of immigrants, but Cameron was pandering to those who are when he made a pledge that he knew he couldn't deliver on. Cameron is a man of no substance in my opinion.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  7. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Never would've guessed Chaz is a Tory :laugh:

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Cameron comes from the world of PR, he's basically a snake-oil salesman who'll say and promise whatever he think's will get him elected. But then what politician doesn't? He lost me the day he spouted that laughable line "We're all in this together", yes Dave, your rich banker chums f*ck up the world's economy for years and they're still rolling in it while we pick up the tab...

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

True, but a long way to go, may be a little early in the campaign. And all they have to do is remind everyone that yes, they missed the target, but the total is still lower than under Labour. And it may be that anyone who can bring themselves to vote UKIP over immigration has already decided to do so. There is an important debtae to be had over immigration, but we don't have the politicians to have it.

Greens PR/competence own goal with their strange and seemingly omnipresent leader's radio performance. UKIP doesn't seem to have any media support at all, sniping all over the place. Labour's tuition fees plan uncosted and will be taken to pieces, will make no difference at all to university applications or student debt.

But the genuinely big thing this week - devolution of all health and social care spending to Greater Manchester, presumably as a model for elsewhere in the future - probably won't play big in the next election. But if it catches on could take the NHS out of the national debate in the future. Sadly it won't improve health outcomes or the patient experience, you'd have to tear the existing model down to do that and we have too much locked in real estate and bizarre local loyalty to dangerously crap institutions to do that.

10. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

UKIP have no media support because all of the main media outlets are either Labour or Tory supporters and they are all scared so keep running scare stories to put people off.
    Anyone thinking the Greens are the answer Brighton council are in deadlock at the moment because the Green minority council want to raise the council tax by 5.9%.
    Cameron, Milliband and Clegg are all career politicians and haven't go a clue about the real world.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Or, just possibly, every time the media engage with UKIP they meet someone who doesn't like 'negroid features', is wildly homophobic, a fantasist (that ex Labour woman Asian candidate), used to belong to the BNP/NF, or doesn't like travelling on a train with foreigners. Hard to run a serious story on these people.

12. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

I'm not denying they have some supporters with abhorrent views, but I'm sure if you look hard enough at any organisation you'll find people with opinions that are revolting.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  13. loomo

loomo Active Member

They were actually Browns chums at the time and under his and ED Balls watch

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  14. Swords Hoopster.

I still think he's a nice bloke though

Oh..... UKIP???? Sorry, I thought you were talking about COL! :emoticon-0136-giggl

15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Did you know that it was only 1948 that graduates lost their right to 2 votes, and certain people with property in 2 constituencies were told they could only vote in one of them?

16. Swords Hoopster.

Just watched QT from a few weeks ago (the depths one goes to on a Friday night when they're off the drink :frown:) and it gets good and heated regarding antisemitism for anyone that's not seen it (and is remotely interested)

Skip to 42:38 (53:07 is funny!)

17. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

You're not wrong, the sad thing is some people in the party do have genuine beliefs that are not based on xenophobia, that poor old dears face when she said "and she's an elected councillor" The party knows that it attracts nutters, trouble is nobody ever ticks the box marked are you a dribbling racist. They need to vet the members with a lot more care.

The Torries need to find a newer improved Cameron that washes a low temperatures and all that stuff cause old Dave is leaving many long times voters cold.

18. Stroller

19. Swords Hoopster.

Strolls are you still going with the Greens despite that car crash interview their leader gave last week?

20. Stroller

Don't know yet Swords. My vote on here is for the Greens, but it may change. SNP seem to be the left-wing alternative, but they won't be standing in my constituency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.