1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The rumour mill

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, May 13, 2015.

1. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

Been linked with Keiran Trippier a few more times in the papers today
    Would have him, imagine we'd get him for about £2-4m, solid enough RB and him/jones would mean we are pretty safe in that area
    (Cant imagine Reviellere has much left in him being 35)

2. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Why are we not in for Charlie Austin ?, a proven premier league goal scorer. Ings is overated because Liverpool are in for him !

ROBOJOHN likes this.
  3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Premier League clubs make inquiries for Sampdoria’s Okaka: the situation
    please log in to view this image

Stefano Okaka - US Sampdoria
    David Amoyal
    30-05-2015 19:08

After a brief experience at Fulham in 2010, Stefano Okaka could be returning to the Premier League. The striker's contract with Sampdoria expires in 2016 and he has made it clear he has no intention of extending it, in the meantime Sunderland and Southampton have made some inquiries about him. Okaka has scored 4 goals in 34 matches this season and earned a selection to Conte's Azzurri, his future could be in Premier League.

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

4 in 34 will fit right in here then....

I agree on Phillips & Fer, and actually, Ings said he won't go anywhere he won't play any week, we'd have a shot if we moved.

I really like Trippier as well, that would be a good addition.

Funny year this year, a load of genuinely quality players relegated.

5. Brian Storm

Cabral signed for FC Zurich, playing in the Europa League next season. ****ing backwards

6. Sam_Fring

Sam_Fring Well-Known Member

4 in 34?? **** off man

7. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Report: Celtic keen on signing Sunderland striker Steven Fletcher this summer
    Mathew Nash @hitcmathewnash
    3 hours ago
    The Bhoys are looking for a striker and the Sunderland star may be up for sale.

View image | gettyimages.com

It has been widely reported that Celtic will be in the market for a new striker this summer. John Guidetti's loan deal ends this summer and the club are not willing to rely on Anthony Stokes and Stefan Scepovic to back up Leigh Griffiths next term.

A number of names have been mentioned, most of whom are rather unknown commodities from the furthest reaches of European football.

Now a name far more recognisable to Scotland football fans is being linked with a move.

The Daily Star report today that Celtic, along with Hull City, are keen on signing Sunderland striker Steven Fletcher this summer.

Fletcher join Sunderland from Wolves in 2012 for a deal reported by the BBC to have been worth up to £14 million.

Since that move he has struggled with injuries at the Stadium of Light. Last season he managed 33 appearances for the club but scored just five goals, the year before he played 26 times scoring on three occasions.

All in all he has 19 goals from 89 appearances at Sunderland in three seasons, not exactly living up to his price-tag.

However, he stated in November last year in an interview with The Telegraph. A self-confessed Celtic fan, he told the paper:

"You never know – it got close when I was frustrated down there, not playing because of injuries.

"I don’t think it’s the right time for me yet.

“The Premier League is great and I’m enjoying myself down there. I do want to come home at some point, though."

SEE ALSO: Report: Celtic among three teams chasing £2m 13-goal international striker

It is not known how much Sunderland would want for the player, which is where any deal could hit a sticking point. For now he seems to be a far too expensive gamble for Celtic to take and another option would be more likely.

But don't rule out Fletcher making a Celtic move this summer just yet.

Can Celtic get Fletcher?

8. Brian Storm

We could work a nice deal for van dijk here, it would work all round.

9. malagamackem

malagamackem Well-Known Member

I hope so

10. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Great minds <ok>

Brian Storm likes this.

11. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I like your thinking. We'll leave that to you to sort out then <ok>

Oops, I obviously liked it a lot!

12. Brian Storm

Straight swap and we have their hooped pants down ;)

13. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

What you do with them after you've done the deal is up to you Funky. I'll turn a blind eye to that :emoticon-0184-tmi:

Brian Storm likes this.
  14. Brian Storm

Jock rape by the look of it <laugh>

15. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

The way I see it we need 2 centre backs. Van dijk and Coates should do nicely (£15m)

We need at least one wide man with pace maybe 2 depending on Johnson. Phillips and maybe Townsend? (£10-15m)

We also need a centre forward and I would definitely go for Austin (£10-15m)

We could also do with a back up full back and someone mentioned Tripper who I would go for at £2-3m.

Add in a couple of loans and maybe a young Dutch player with a bit of flair as a bit of a gamble for a couple of million and we won't be a million miles away from a decent side.

I've pretty much used up our supposed £50m budget there but could always make a bit back on the likes of Fletcher or as has been mentioned try to add him into a deal for van dijk so could still have a bit more to play with.

16. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

As Funky pointed out to me yesterday though, the £50m probably includes cost of salaries as well as cost of signings.

17. RedNWhite4Life

Hope not as any half decent player we sign will want at least 40k per week which works out around £2m per year so that will significantly reduce what we actually have to spend as an initial outlay. Brown and rev will both surely be on this so getting rid of those two will free up a bit of wages also Fletcher will be on about 50k a week so if we can ship him out it frees up another wage for someone.

18. Brian Storm

Not necessarily, player on the continent are earning peanuts. 20k a week would represent a vast improvement for most of them. There's no way rev will be on that much, we picked him up as his career was winding down, If we resigninged him for a year can't see him getting anymore than 15k. Brown will be a good 30-35k off our wage bill though. Makes sense to move him on even though he wouldn't get anywhere that amount again.

Bruma is the man a bring the pace for me, can play left right and center, only 20, had an underwhelming season with Galatasaray. I reckon 7-8m and 25k a week would bag us a classy little player for the foreseeable future.

Think you're overplaying our wages by about 10k a player though. I could be wrong like.

19. RedNWhite4Life

I hope your right mate regarding the wages and you make a fair point on the foreigner front. Most the targets I listed are already playing in the prem so that's why I think they would be after top dollar.

Think a mix of prem experience mixed in with a few lads from the continent who as you say will be happier with smaller wages. I really hope we go after Charlie Austin he has proved he can score goals in this league in a poor team and for me is a much better version of Fletcher. I know we will probably have to pay over the odds but that's what happens for a proven premiership striker. I can't for the life of me understand why people rate Ings higher as I've honestly seen very little from him.

One thing I really want to see is a big powerful quick player to offer us another dimension. I'm guessing Bruma would fit the bill for this I haven't seen him but he just sounds the type. I would maybe take a punt on Diame from Hull as well as we really need some physicality and he looks twice the player Rodwell is who was effectively brought in to be this guy.

A midfield 3 with Catts doing what he does, Diame just generally being a beast and Larsson running round like a wasp and being the more creative of the 3 would be brilliant.

20. Brian Storm

This is Bruma from this season, he's lacked the final ball this season apparently but he's only 20(younger than watmore) But he's skillful, direct and because he's a proper little scrapper I think he'll love the premier league. Remember it is a you tube clip, and doesn't show his negative, which he'll have loads at his age. A bright prospect I reckon.

I like the look of Austin myself, I think there'll be a few in for him so will be expensive. I like that Ulloa too.

I'd love Diame but worried about his reacurring knee problem, I don't think anyone will go near him until January. I like the look of Fer though.