1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The rumour mill

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, May 13, 2015.

1. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

2. Nathan Brazil

Nathan Brazil Well-Known Member

Minimum? <confused>

3. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Of course it is. I just didn't quote maximum in the same breath!

Nathan Brazil likes this.
  4. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

5. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

just saw it on beeb with mirror as link, not even gonna read it. My wipe my arse with it though.

6. Sam_Fring

Sam_Fring Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be devastated. Always liked him, versatile and quick. PVA is doing my head in!

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

8. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

<laugh>

Sunderland are reportedly interested in signing former Newcastle United forward Luuk De Jong.

Having offloaded Connor Wickham to Premier League rivals Crystal Palace earlier this summer, plus fellow striker Steven Fletcher’s future at the Stadium of Light being in doubt, boss Dick Advocaat is hoping to sign a new forward ahead of the close of the transfer window.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/sunderland-to-move-for-ex-newcastle-striker/

9. grandpops

BORINI ON MOVE? Three clubs are interested in the Liverpool forward, according to reports. Sunderland, Fiorentina and Inter Milan are all keen on the Italian Borini, who doesn't appear to have much of a future at Anfield having scored only three goals in 38 games.

Make of that what you will.

10. makemdan

makemdan Well-Known Member

I know which 2 I would pick from if I was him, arrivaderci

11. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

Would he just be warming the bench at the other 2, he knows he would get game time at Sunderland and its a better part of the world to live in.

12. makemdan

makemdan Well-Known Member

True, if he's bothered. Always had time for the lad when he was here, would have him back in a flash.

13. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

But he wanted to warm the bench at the bin dippers I see no different he will not come to us <bubbly>

14. grandpops

Dick Advocaat believes he cannot set Sunderland’s game-plan in stone until the club’s summer spending has been concluded.

Sunderland’s need for fresh blood has been damningly demonstrated over the opening two games of the campaign after the Black Cats have been trounced by Leicester and newly-promoted Norwich City.

Advocaat has made no secret of his desire for another couple of signings, with Sunderland yet to add an attacking midfielder or targetman to their squad, which the head coach has been looking to land throughout the summer.

The Black Cats have been looking at loan options, with question marks over the remaining funds available to Advocaat and sporting director Lee Congerton after the capture of five fresh faces.

Hopes of signing Adnan Januzaj have stalled though due to Manchester United’s prolonged pursuit of Barcelona winger Pedro, while Sunderland face stiff competition to re-sign former loanee Fabio Borini from Liverpool.

But Advocaat believes that until he knows the make-up of his final squad on September 1, it is difficult to predict whether he will stick with his favoured 4-3-3 set-up.

“At certain moments, we have to make a decision (on the formation), but we can only make a decision when I know what players I have,” said Advocaat.

“And we’ll know that in 14 days.

“I like 4-3-3 because it’s easier for everybody when you don’t have the ball, and you need to have the right players to play 4-4-2.

“If the other team play with three midfielders, it’s difficult.”

There was little evidence of a clear team shape or formation against Norwich, as Sunderland were again run ragged in a game earmarked to provide a reaction from the opening day defeat at Leicester.

But Advocaat has made it clear that he is no longer going to use striker Jermain Defoe as a lone striker, as was the case at Leicester.

Defoe was partnered by Steven Fletcher against Norwich and Advocaat believes there is still a place for the England international in his plans, despite the 32-year-old again being linked with a move away from the Stadium of Light over the weekend.

“Defoe can play on the right side, the left side, as a second striker, but, in my opinion, not as a lone striker,” added Advocaat.

“I tried that and it didn’t work out.

“That wasn’t his fault, it was more my fault because I put him there.”

15. grandpops

DE GUZMAN LEFT OUT - Napoli left out transfer-list...
    DE GUZMAN LEFT OUT - Napoli left out transfer-listed Jonathan de Guzman, Edu Vargas and Juan Camilo Zuniga for the trip to Sassuolo, fuelling speculation that all three could be on their way out of the club. Dutchman De Guzman's move to Sunderland is believed to hinge only on the agreement of personal terms and a medical.

rokerparks scoreboard likes this.
  16. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Hope your right but us or Marseille?

17. grandpops

I thought Marseille were involved but that`s today and they don`t get a mention.

Hoping he`s made his mind up.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  18. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

There's a very good chance that nobody in a European competition has shown interest so his agent has thrown in Marseille's name just try an drum up interest from a team playing in Europe. It's a tried and tested technique they use so there's a chance we're are the only interested party.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  19. grandpops

I wouldn`t be the least bit surprised if it was an agents ploy. Can`t stand those leeches. I can understand why the players need them though. The vast majority being unlikely to trouble the scorers at MENSA.

Thought I read somewhere about 48hrs. That must be about up now.

20. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

would surprise me if this gets drawn out till close to deadline while he waits to see what interest his agent can drum up. That's thing about the last month of the window, the more it ticks on the harder it gets for clubs linked with relegation to bring in the quality.