1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Sevilla Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

A 95th penalty disguises a limp display as Sevilla go down 2-1 at Granada and doesn't impress this lot -

upload_2016-12-3_22-19-41.png

2. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

I went to this game as Granada is only about 250km away, so a two and a half hour drive. I think the banner is a little harsh (you fail all your people). But yes, C58, as limp as a lettuce leaf, I'm afraid. Something isn't right in the camp at the moment, I'm sure of it.

Cottager58 likes this.
  3. Cottager58

Indeed. Fulham is for the more discerning punter, with a new "Gin Bar"

please log in to view this image

Here's a link to the story with an inevitable headline - "Just the Tonic"

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=4685/title=gin bar just the tonic for fulham

4. Cottager58

The shots on goal stats say it all in tonight's European Champs game away to Lyon, who had 24 to Sevilla's 2. Ended 0-0 though and hey ho, it's Sevilla who go through to the last 16.

Fancy the Arsenal Fulhaman?

5. Fulhaman

Grandchildren have been over so have missed virtually all football news for a while as we have been out and about with them doing stuff - I'm sure you know what it's like. Didn't even know we beat Celta until about 08:00am this morning when I was looking through my daily copy of Marca - that's the one thing the UK needs - a proper football daily (although Marca does tend to be a Real Madrid mouthpiece at times). Iborra with a hat trick - bet Moyes is grinding his teeth over that one.

Anyway - I got my wish and got Leicester in the next round. They are beatable. Difficult but definitely beatable. They were described as "the faltering champions" on the radio after the draw was made. General media feeling is Barca got the toughest draw (shame) but with Real, Atletico and ourselves all being likely to progress.

Cottager58 likes this.
  6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Anyway - I got my wish and got Leicester in the next round. They are beatable. Difficult but definitely beatable. They were described as "the faltering champions" on the radio after the draw was made. General media feeling is Barca got the toughest draw (shame) but with Real, Atletico and ourselves all being likely to progress.[/QUOTE]

Fulhaman, Mrs 2 Stripes is a Leicester fan and we may be across to see the game. Our only issue would be that we would only get tickets for the home suppoters areas, is this safe or maybe safer in some areas than others? We do not intend to sit in the Sevilla Kop! We would be driving up from Faro or Malaga as we depart from Belfast. Any information you could offer would be very much appriciated.

We did the same last week in Porto, a game of dire missery but a very plesant week in Porto was had.

7. Fulhaman

I would not wear any Leicester colours in the home areas wherever you decide to sit, but by and large I wouldn't forsee any problems. I have always found it to be a friendly place, except when Betis are playing there.

Away fans are normally housed in the south stand (or a an area of the south stand) accessed through gates 11 and 11a. Depending on ticket sales this sometimes changes.

Don't forget, we don't have a roof - apart from the posh seats. If it rains, you get wet. People smoke in the stands which can irritate some people if they are sitting next to, or amongst them, and there probably will be a fair few police - maybe more than you would see in the UK. Don't bother eating at the ground. There are some ground improvements ongoing.

Most people love the atmosphere which is very lively.

Have you checked Trip Advisor for other foreign visitors opinions. Probably worth a look as well.

2whitestripes likes this.
  8. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Thanks Fulhaman, very much appreciated.

9. Cottager58

Oooh, you do have to love the Cup !!

Fulhaman likes this.
  10. Fulhaman

I know. Didn't go, but thought my phone had broken when I kept getting score updates buzzing in about every 10 minutes. We should beat them but looks like they forgot to play their defence.

11. Cottager58

Real Madrid have the Cup instinct. Who would bet against them for the Champions League either?

12. Cottager58

Big push on. Go 2nd in the League after a 4-0 win away to Sociedad at the weekend and sign up Inter Milan striker Stevan Jovetic (ex Man City) on loan, with an option to buy.

Fulhaman likes this.
  13. Fulhaman

On the phone to Señora last night and she mentioned that Sevilla local media are reporting that we are in for Rashford on loan - now that would be interesting. Can't see it happening, mind.

14. Fulhaman

Had a phone call from a very excited Señora. We beat Real Madrid with a 92 minute goal (after they had scored an 85 minute equaliser). Might have missed that one, but at least I saw the Whites win yesterday - although Barnsley don't really compare to Real Madrid, unfortunately.

15. Cottager58

Fantastic. I see it was Stevan Jovetic who got the winner as well.

[PS Well makes up for the 3-3 draw with them mid week (which I quietly forgot to mention) in the Copa Del Reya (and going out 6-3 on aggregate, which accounts for the memory loss)].

16. Cottager58

Early kick offs seem to be in fashion. And this lunchtime Sevilla were having a bit of a siesta, 2-1 down after an hour before putting a spurt on and running out 4-3 winners away to Osasuna.

Welcome 3 points and a small record; in reaching 40 in total half way through the season for the first time .. ever!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Fulhaman likes this.
  17. Fulhaman

You know almost as much about Sevilla as the Señora, C58. The 40 point fact is pretty subtle knowledge. Shame I couldn't go but Osasuna play in Pamplona which is nearer France than it is most of Spain, well, Bilbao is not too far away, but it's a hell of a trip. Anyway - we love a late winner, eh?

18. Cottager58

Burns Night tomorrow with the bard being born 258 years ago but close behind are ....

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  19. Cottager58

Chilly in Spain this week and that's not just the weather. Last weekend have a man sent off after 2 minutes, lose a goal after 5 and go down 3-1 away to Espanyol. In today's early kick off Samir Nasri misses a penalty and only manage a 0-0 with Villarreal at home.

20. Fulhaman

It has been cold - snow in some parts, even, which is a reasonably rare occurrence. Not too bad down in Andalusia at the moment - about 17 degrees and sunny today. It's rained a bit lately, though.

Match was pretty poor - fairly dull affair and their goalkeeper, Asenjo, was in good form. Think Escribá got his tactics right as well. Penalty was well placed toward the bottom right corner but the Asenjo got down and made a good save.