1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Suggestions for the Trust thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Feb 19, 2017.

1. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

A supporters group meeting would be interesting. I assume you mean a local version of the FSF annual international conference?
    I would suggest that FSF would be the logical lead on something like that?

On banners are you suggesting the Trust make them or just encourage them (which I thought they do?)

I don't know how the shirt thing would work either !

Kempton likes this.
  2. dennisboothstash

I can't remember what he said to be honest, but I think he should be reinstated on this thread
    It's good to get hugely opposing views. I even follow people on Twitter whose views I find appalling but if you only want to listen to people who agree with you then you'd end up like Donald Trump (although this thread wasn't supposed to be about whether the Trust was good, bad or indeifferent...it was supposed to just be for suggestions for them to consider for the future)

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I've lifted it, it looks like what I was trying to do was a waste of time anyway.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  4. dennisboothstash

True unfortunately

5. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

The OSC run a live social media feed at home games and it is something we are looking to expand. This genuinely is supporters reporting for supporters. The content is only match related as that is the brief that we have. We are aiming to put our pre and post match interviews, on line. We attend the pre-match press conferences and produce our own reports. The plan is to expand on this and I am looking at quite a range of options.

Of course there is the elephant in the room and we cannot ignore this, we concentrate on the football and not the politics.

The Trust has barriers to overcome, my only suggestion and this is a serious suggestion, not a criticism, is that the Trust put forward a viable alternative. Just saying re-instate concessions is not enough, putting a structured alternative forward should be considered.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Why isn't it?

The alternative to the current situation is as simple as that; re-instate concessions. To suggest that it needs anything more gives undue respect to the stupid policy.

7. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

That's the problem, we don't both agree on this.

dennisboothstash and PLT like this.
  8. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

All i would say regarding the concessions is that the club and their strawberry short cake friends took two years and who knows how much money to come up with the membership scheme, asking a bunch of willing volunteers to come up with an alternative is a bit much.

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Already done, unfortunately, completely ignored.

Tightening up the PL rules isn't just about making the club meet with fans, the PL rules state there must be concessions, this is currently the main focus.

This one's completely made up, there is no **** about the OSC from the Trust.

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Maybe so, but they did it anyway...

Alternative pricing model

Notes on the model from the Trust’s accountants

As we had no access to all of the data we have had to make estimates on the current number of passholders, and make assumptions on the concession splits, but our estimate on current season ticket revenue is £5.01m. Based on the same volume and mix, we forecast revenue of £4.83m with the new scheme but the club will be saving £0.25m on season ticket administration (this from a statement by Ehab Allam) and we have estimated the same on the closure of the West Stand Upper. This would mean total revenue of £5.33m, which is an increase on the current figure.

We all know that these volumes will not be achieved on the membership rates. We have calculated that to keep the net revenue at the current year’s the club can cope with a fall of 6.7%. We anticipate the fall to be much greater; if the drop is 10% the revenue would be £4.85m, by 25% it would be £4.12m and if the club get a massive backlash of a 50% reduction, the figure drops to £2.92m.

With dropout levels based on the survey results, but anticipating some of these people will change their minds and sign up at the last minute, we calculate the actual drop in season tickets will be nearer 25% - 30%.

We have looked at possible alternative pricing and all the figures assume that West Stand Upper is open. Based on adult prices of £408, senior and 18-22 year olds of £204 and others at £96, we forecast £5.33m of revenue and over 17k of passes sold. We do not think we would get near that pass volume.

Page 9 of 10 Based on prices of £450 , £250 and £100 for the age groups above, you would need just under 15,500 pass sales to get to £5.33m, which is what we believe is the value the club is hoping for on the current membership scheme.

Our final scenario is prices of £400 for adults, £300 for seniors, £200 for 19-22 year olds and £100 for 18 and under. Again to get to £5.33m, we calculate we would need 16,781 pass sales.

If we assume that the club will suffer a 25% fall in passes on the new membership scheme, thus attracting revenue of £4.12m, using the final scenario we would need to sell 12,783 passes to hit this.

http://hullcitysupporterstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/Scrap-The-Scheme-Press-Release-210416.pdf

11. The Omega Man

It is a suggestion. No criticism, I will type this slowly for you "suggestion". Please read the full sentence, "putting a structured alternative forward should be considered".

Is the answer just re-instate concessions?

At what level?
    In what area's?
    What age ranges?
    When will they start?
    How will the re-introduction affect current memberships?

How many families have been affected negatively, do you know the numbers?
    How many actually are paying more for their over 65 memberships?
    Would a re-introduction of concessions mean that in some cases over 65's could actually end up paying more next season than they do now?

Your implication is that my post is giving undue respect to a stupid policy, I would say that you are failing to give the proper consideration to the main issue, if you believe that not considering how to re-instate concessions should actually work.

I have to do this all of the time. I cannot just go into a business and say use my services, I have to prove that my services are better or cheaper or both. Its not hard.
    If I go without a proposal, the meeting lasts about the time it takes for the coffee to arrive.

12. The Omega Man

"The alternative to the current situation is as simple as that; re-instate concessions. To suggest that it needs anything more gives undue respect to the stupid policy." PLT

I suppose I will get banned from this thread now!

Happy Tiger likes this.
  13. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Hull City Fans Conference.

HCST
    HCSS
    FSF
    SD
    OSC

dennisboothstash and Happy Tiger like this.
  14. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Agreed. 100% in fact.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There were actually a couple of meetings involving representatives of HCST, OSC, Senior Tigers and the Founders Club, shortly after the membership scheme details were announced, with a view to jointly opposing it.

Unfortunately, as everyone other than HCST was in some way dependent on the club, they all felt they were unable to publicly/jointly come out against it.

The meetings were perfectly amicable.

16. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

See that's the thing.

No one needs to publicly come out against anything. This is about chatting about common ground, and if say, for example things like the membership scheme, the Trust can take the lead and ownership of that.

This isn't about looking for and agreeing on things to protest about, it's about how bridges can be built, how the groups can work together.

If a list is produced, that isn't a list of demands, but maybe areas of concern that could be discussed further, that can be presented as from the Hull City Fans Action Group (might need some work that), it might be enough to register with Ehab/The Club as worthwhile. The key is collaborative, not confrontational.

There must be SOME common ground between them, that's worth looking into.

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There was nothing confrontational about anything that was discussed, pretty much everyone agreed with each other, the problem lies in the fact that the other groups daren't support the Trust in anything they do, in case there's a backlash from the club.

18. dennisboothstash

Dear Ehab
    Hull City FAG would like to meet you to discuss areas of mutual satisfaction
    Yours
    Happy

That seems ok

19. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

20. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

So not the committee then just your best mate PLT ?