1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Suggestions for the Trust thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I have followed this thread for four pages and fail to see its point. All of this trying to bring unnecessary control to an anonymous forum is pointless; the Trust know full well what is discussed on here, one way or another - conduits work both ways.

The first contact must come from the club, everything the Trust says must be indirect; I can see no point in pampering to the ignorance, dishonesty amd stubbornness of the Allam family.

Absolutely stunned to read that some think only Trust members should be allowed to make suggestions about what the Trust could try next; how ironic when criticising our owners who refuse to take criticism or advice from people outside of their business group.

You really couldn't make this nonsense up; but then again ... :emoticon-0101-sadsm

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

If you want a say in what the Trust does you should join first.

For me buying a matchday ticket is pampering to the ignorance, dishonesty amd stubbornness of the Allam family.

Crack on.

3. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Surely that's achieved by the democratic election of the committee, by the Trust members; I'm one of them. Being open to public comment, listening to suggestions, sharing ideas, is simply civil and intelligent.

Not buying a ticket is your choice, the reason is yours, too; it bothers me less than it will the owners.

I'll crack on when I want to, ta. :emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Listening to public comment & having a say in what the Trust does are completely different. I don't think anybody has suggested otherwise.

Voice your displeasure at the lack of concessions, then take advantage of the cheaper prices you get because the kids are paying more. Wonderful.

Crack on.

5. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

How does someone have a say in what the Trust does unless they are a member?

I stopped attending games over the name-change, that was my prrsonal decision and I didn't expect anyone else to do it or criticisr them for not doing it. We have gone full circle with the owners, we now have a position of stalemate, they might or might not sell, in the meantime there is a team to support and I can see no benfit in boycotting games.

You can be as judgemental as you wish, but your views are yours and we don't have to be silenced or intimidated by them.

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Nobody has suggested they can.

I've been no more critical than you have.

Crack on.

7. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You suggested they can, then you repeated it, otherwise what is the point of your comment?

I haven't said people shouldn't do what they wish to do, I've simply questioned the point of it. It's how a forum works; if that's okay with you, Ben.

8. Sir Cheshire Ben

I haven't suggested they can.

You say quite clearly what the Trust must do.

I don't think you understand the purpose of the thread.

Crack on.

9. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You did.

The Trust isn't an individual, it's an organisation which I am a member of; I gave my opinion on what the Trust should do, which is the purpose of this thread. Are you now saying that is wrong, Ben?

Why the 'crack on' bit, Ben? I thought you more intelligent than that.

10. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Maybe I've read your last paragraph incorrectly, as it seems to highlight two groups, one who have their say and aren't members and one who have their say and are members. You only approve of the latter. What's your point?

Are you not saying others shouldn't have their say unless they are Trust members. Won't the officers of the Trust listen and be influenced by what their own intelligence allows? You're not making sense, Ben.

11. Sir Cheshire Ben

"In my opinion the Trust should" & "The first contact must come from the club, everything the Trust says must be indirect" are not the same.

Why bother with your supposed opinion if you believe the thread to be pointless?

I find it amusing that you believe approaching the club is pampering to the ignorance, dishonesty amd stubbornness of the Allam family yet you're fine buying a ticket.

I find it amusing that you were prepared to boycott because of the name change issue but now ticket prices are cheaper, as they are being subsidised by children, teens & oldies, you see no benefit in boycotting, despite being supposedly against the withdrawal of concessions for different groups, Maybe the benefit is in attending? Was there no team to support during your boycott?

I was happy attending during the name change issue, it was an opportunity to make my feelings known vocally. I cannot attend now as I find it abhorrent that children would be subsidising my cheaper ticket. I don't expect you to understand, I don't ask for your support. I don't want you to be bothered by it. I don't think for a minute that it has any affect on the Allams or that they give a flying **** about my stance. I'll do what is morally right for me. You're obviously doing the same.

The quotes in the new posts above make sense to me & others. I'm not too bothered if you can't understand.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  12. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I offered my opinion on what the club should do, I am a member, you said that is okay.

I was referring to a comment in a post, about the Trust approaching the club, I didn't see any point in quoting it. I still don't.

Comments like that are frequent, I don't see the need for this thread; I could see the point of a Trust sticky, ran by them, as I suggested it a long time ago.

You're easily amused, Ben.

How do you know what I pay for my tickets? Just more assumptions and nonsense.

You wish to boycott the games, good for you, Ben. Why do you insist individuals should conform to your views and actions?

I view everything like this in the moment. The name-change campaign was won. The loss of concessions was bad, they will not be brought back this season. Fighting for concessions must be done via the PL rules and through the media - that's just an opinion, if that's okay with you.

There was a time when it was hoped individual and collective actions might sway the Allams, but that time has passed and individual sacrifice is now pointless and supporting the team is now more important; again, just my opinion.

Anyway, I've answered your comments on this thread and offered opinion on this thread,as you have, just as we would have done on any other thread. Funny that.

13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Firstly. Why bother posting on the thread then?
    Secondly. What 'control'?

The thread was here for people to post suggestions for the Trust, hopefully being more specific about the suggestions than happens when it's part of a comment on another thread, and other people to comment on those suggestions. That's it...nothing complicated

After a while I'll email the suggestions to the Trust, pointing out if there was a lot of counter views, and also point out that these are suggestions from people who may not be Trust Members.

May not be any use, but I doubt it will do any harm

14. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Firstly? It's a thread, like any other non-sticky. It and some of its content was worthy of comment, as I either don't see the point (but am open to persuasion) or don't agree. So far it has been used to stifle discussion, as well as encourage it.

Secondly? The control of telling folk what they can post, what they can't post; it's absolutely inevitable that posters will discuss, whinge about and argue the suggestions, no matter how well intended, as we have seen. I very much doubt the Trust will refuse to listen to ideas from non-members - something you seem to support.

Saying that I don't see the point, isn't telling you not to do it, it's expressing an opinion, Dennis. As I have said elsewhere, I think it would be a good idea for the Trust to run its own thread (s), maybe not a sticky, but periodic update threads asking for ideas/thoughts on what they are planning - where possible. The OSC have done this quite successfully.

Like I said, I haven't told you not to do it, or any other poster not to do something, and I wish you luck, I just don't see the point as it should be an official Trust action and I've seen some very mixed messages and actions on here that I don't believe are representative of the Trust.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  15. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Fair enough