1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The trial of Adam Johnson (part 2)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Minxy, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But hasn't he already pleaded guilty to the most serious charge of all? The one of grooming.

It's probably safe to moralise now RAW. On the 2 pleas of guilty anyway.

2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

You're only going to see United!

3. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is a lot more to come with the trial expected to last for over two weeks..It is in my nature to listen to all the evidence before I judge...That's just the way I am..

Montysoptician likes this.
  4. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

I've got 50/50 vision, Terry, so I'll probably see both teams . . . . and a ball, and a **** with a whistle <cheers>

Mind you, 50/50 vision just means that I might see it and I might not :cheesy:

5. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

He's a ****, If raw wants to wait until all of the evidence is in to decide how much of **** he is that's up to Raw. There's nothing wrong with that.

How's your resident kiddie rapist? See he gets a reprieve on a technicality. Funny he's hated more for his footballing form over your way than he is for raping and impregnating a 13 year old little girl. Quick look at your posting history shows you've never even condemned him. Perhapse you're like many of your poster who defend him <whistle> Funny mags defend their own nonce and the only person I've seen defend AJ since the guilty plea is a mag. Bit of a running theme here. <whistle>

6. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Ok Bri, I'll bite (though reluctantly as I think it does disservice to the significance of discussions about what AJ has done)......

Pappis Cisse is clearly a bit of a dick when it comes to the way he treats women. He also clearly has done things wrong if newspaper reports about his past are true. He is not the first and won't be the last footballer to do that.

As for the actual facts about what happened in the past the truth is I don't know anything beyond what was reported in the initial stories, other than one of the stories about one of his 'current' girlfriends at he time of his Paris wedding was shown to be an ex-girlfriend. I don't know if you have seen things that haven't been made public, and if you have then fair enough. If the stories are true that he had sex with a 13 year old girl when he was 16 are true then that is quite clearly wrong. The age of consent in Senegal is the same as it is here, 16. However, to equate him as a nonce and as having done something equally as bad as what AJ has done is not correct IMO. That is not an attack on a Sunderland player. What AJ has done, and the subsequent reaction to it is all about AJ and should in no way be associated with Sunderland or it's fans - as I have repeatedly said since this whole thing started.

Cisse was two and a bit years older than her at the time. He supposedly had sex with a 13 year old West African girl (who was just short of turning 14) when he was still in his mid teens and had only just turned 16 himself. That doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it something anybody should brush under the carpet if they discover it is going on. However, even in this country it is not uncommon for teenage boys to have girlfriends who are two years younger than them. Even in this country he wouldn't be regarded as a 'nonce' if found guilty of that offence. Even here the law differentiates between teens having sex with other teens and fully grown men having sex with teens, as it should. Girls of West African descent develop physically significantly much earlier than girls of North European descent. There has never been any accusation that he raped her (statuatory or otherwise) and they were said to have been in a relationship.When it comes to children and adolescents having sex with each other we should be very careful about treating them the same as adults having sex with children and adolescents, if for no other reason than it doesn't help the important task of dealing with a problem that is clearly rife around the world. That is why the law differentiates between the two.

The Sunderland fans have, without exception, condemned AJ now that he has admitted guilt to a very serious offence. I would like to think that the Newcastle fans would do the same if any Newcastle player was found guilty of similar offences. This isn't a subject about club loyalties, and the vast majority of Newcastle fans have gone to great lengths to emphasis that the AJ case has nothing to do with Sunderland AFC or its fans. This is about society as a whole condemning the actions of an individual who has abused his position in society and condemning an adult who has taken advantage of an adolescent.

7. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Dinnet worry about it mate.
    Only thing a black African has on his mind is hole.
    That's how aids is so prevalent in Africa.
    If they can't get a woman they'll **** a chimpanzee.
    It's the way they are, just get over it.

8. Brian Storm

I think from a western perspective and won't excuse such monstrous behavior just because it's acceptable somewhere else. Otherwise I may as well advocate stoning and female genital mutilation. Cisse knew he was breaking the law so broke law further to cover it up when he lied about her age on their son's birth certificate

Do you even know what a 13 year old girl looks like compared to a 16 year old lad? Knocking up a 13 year old girl? He only avoided prosecution because of time lapsed.

I find Cisse's support from his fans and club disgusting. Takes the biscuit when your fans come over having digs at our fans all things considered. He's a child molester, a bigamist and cheat, He's all kinds of wrong and you all know it and your club accept it.

That's my opinion right there. Think or say what you want mate. Not going to change my opinion, he's every bit a wrong un as that nonce we've just sacked, they both disgust me.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  9. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

All things considered, I think very few Newcastle fans have been over here having a dig at your fans about AJ. Yes there have been some, but the vast majority haven't (just as they haven't even on our own board).

If you'd read what I said, then I was also discussing it from a western perspective and saying that even in the UK teens who have consensual sex with other teens are not prosecuted as a 'nonce'. Any references to West Africa were only to provide a context to exactly what a 13 year old girl would look like in comparison to what she would look like here (probably very similar to a western 16 year old). It is your choice to view a teen having sex with a younger teen the same as an adult having sex with a teen. I am not in any way criticising you for it, but I don't agree with it.

As for condemning him, it would be hypocritical of me to do that after fighting so hard to say that Sunderland fans had every right to treat AJ as innocent until proven guilty.

10. Brian Storm

To be fair never I wasn't talking to you I was talking one of these said fans.

So because he can't be tried it's all ok then? We were deprived of evidence in the AJ case because it could go to court. In the Cisse' case the details had to come out publicly because of time lapse laws prevented prosecution, time that elapsed thanks to manipulating documents. There's enough there to form an opinion unlike the before the the AJ case got to court. 4 different women aren't all lying. He's a rat, a dodgy creepy perv. That's my opinion. <ok>

The law

ALL sexual activity with a child under 16 is illegal in Senegal, and anyone found guilty faces five to ten years in prison. But the Statute of Limitations means historical abuse is not investigated.

In Senegal a man must choose polygamy or monogamy when he first marries. If he picks polygamy he can take up to four wives. But monogamy, Cisse’s choice, means only one wife at a time.

The top sentence for bigamy is a year’s jail and a fine of the equivalent of between £22 and £324.

In France, there are moves to crack down on polygamy and bigamy. Anyone convicted faces 12 months in jail and a 45,000 euro fine.

11. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I have never said it is ok. I have said that if he did it then it was wrong. In the same way, if he was convicted of polygamy (for which the statute of limitations has not passed) then he should be punished for that. As for the number of accusers, there have been cases here where there were four or more accusers and people have been found to be not guilty. We already know that one of the four were lying. The other three have never been tested in court. I have a moral opinion on how he has acted, but that is very different from a legal opinion. He is innocent until proven guilty. None of this changes my opinion on the significance of whether a teen having sex with a younger underage teen is the the same as an adult having sexual contact with an underage teen. It's ok to disagree, and we do. But it has nothing to do with club loyalty and my personal opinion is that I think that making general statements that Newcastle fans condone nonces is unfair.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  12. Brian Storm

We differ in opinion and the footy is on. <ok>

Have a good day nev, Don't you lot go and win

13. Tel (they/them)

Will Miss Flounders be joining him today I wonder?

14. Brian Storm

She didn't turn up with AJ
    Bit tied up with the paper lad? <laugh>

15. Tel (they/them)

Straight over my head that Bri? I'm ****ed from training, I can already tell this is gonna be a long day.

16. Brian Storm

Waiting for AJ to be seated. None of his family are currently present

Dispicable_Tel likes this.
  17. Brian Storm

The paper lad will be about 15= Revenge sex. Sorry it was a sick joke <laugh>

MrRAWhite and Dispicable_Tel like this.
  18. Tel (they/them)

Oh got ya, I thought it'd be something like that. I haven't looked mate, only just finished breakfast two for this morning, I'm moving a bit slow, that includes my brain!

19. Tel (they/them)

See, I'm slow today! **** sake.

I might as well go back to bed. <laugh>

20. Brian Storm

You'll catch up fella. We all have dizzy day's and you'll just been to the gym have you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.