1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Waiting Game

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by yorkiegit, May 21, 2017.

1. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

So now the waiting starts:
    Is Mick going to walk?
    Well, he said he isn't

Is ME going to offer Mick a new contract?
    If he was wouldn't he have done so by now

Is ME prepared to back Mick with a sizeable bankroll?
    Why would he if he knows that he will only have to re-invest when a new manager is appointed

Is ME prepared to starve Mick of funds in order to force Mick out?
    This could place the town in a very precarious position with relegation a distinct possibility

Will ME's strange indifference and Micks stubbornness drive fans away with many never to return?
    This would result in even less money being available for transfers

Will ME actively seek to cut his losses and sell up?
    In order to do this surely he would invest heavily in the team with a more 'user friendly ' manager in order to make the club a more attractive proposition

So as the chess pieces are moved around the board the supporters are supposed to sit and wait patiently and part with their hard earned money without being allowed a say on what they want for their club

So the waiting game starts

Let the games begin

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

...at least we have got our annual trip to Colchester to look forward to!

3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I think McCarthy, the stubborn old goat, will stay for the final year of his contract. Evans doesn't have the ambition or passion to fire him and snap up a replacement. Despite being worth £675 million, I don't see Evans giving McCarthy money to spend. What will follow is likely going to be a repeat of last year's transfer business. A couple of promising players snapped up on fairly modest fees (such as Webster and Ward) and then a raft of freebies and loanees to fill the gaps. What will follow is likely a bottom half finish under McCarthy's tenure.

Regardless of what you think of McCarthy, the complete lack of investment into this club over the past few years has been a real disappointment and should be a genuine cause for concern. We are, at best, treading water, the chairman seems to be undergoing a programme of asset-stripping, and our Chief Executive is deliberately misleading supporters about our financial commitments. It's a joke. At most other football clubs, there would be a large protests outside the ground on a regular basis.

4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Spot on Nuggets,your assessment entirely echoes my feelings.

San Diego likes this.
  5. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Thanks Big Al, it's a frustrating time for the club. With Rotherham and Wigan going down and three good teams coming up from League One, next season does not bode well for us at this present time. I think clubs like Forest, Bristol City, and Birmingham will improve over the summer, as they have boards that at least give their manager sufficient funds. A big summer awaits for us. I can't argue with any of the players being released, but I don't have the confidence that McCarthy will replace them with the necessary quality, certainly not with his budget constraints.

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

**** off, Marcus!

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.
  7. Bigalreigned

I see Stoke have released(41 year old) Shay Given,that's Bart's replacement sorted then<doh>

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  8. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

the problem is worse than we think, every year without sufficient investment doesn't mean that we stand still, with other Clubs strengthening and relegated Clubs keeping their squads together it actually means that we go backwards.
    Ive been saying it for years, EVANS OUT.

San Diego likes this.
  9. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I bet he's actually still very good. Class keeper.

On the subject of keepers, I was watching the main man Rene Higuita and his ability. Pure class / hilarious!

10. Bigalreigned

Sunderland have agreed a sale of Jordan Pickford for £30 million.Hmmm,wonder where they can pick up a cheap replacement with proven Championship ability??

Westlake33 likes this.

11. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Haha I was thinking the same. Positive Bart's gone, a case of what we can command.

12. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Does it really matter how much we get for him? ...it will just disappear into Evans pocket.

fieldmarshall and Bigalreigned like this.