1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

They’ve Got it Wrong?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by smhbcfc, Jun 28, 2015.

1. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Hang on a minute - this can't be right .............. it's a World Cup Quarter Final, and England are supposed to be gallant losers on penalties

Congratulations to the Lioness' of England on reaching the World Cup semi-final where they will meet the current holders Japan (Wednesday)

Former Bristol Academy manager Mark Sampson has done a great job. They seem to have a good team spirit, so who knows what they can achieve.

Come on England!!

2. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Out on pens - the usual

3. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

The only thing that annoys me are the people saying "Yeah the woman are putting the men to shame!" <doh> they are usually the people that never watch football ever, I've seen a bit of this womans world cup and our u-16s could probably win it! the quality is appalling, it has its moments but overall it's terrible. None of the games are of any fast speed, most of it is sloppy and some of the goalkeeping is laughable! Not that our girls have been bad mind you! the England team are alright, but the ones they are playing are shocking! Having said that, the final 4 now are probably the only good female teams in the world, along with Canada and France.

4. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

As for the inequality argument

Money in sport is fan based, if the amount of women who watched women's football was the same as the amount of men who watch men's football then attendances would be similar if not higher for women and the difference in money and coverage would all but be removed.

But FairPlay to England for their World Cup campaign so far.

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'The only thing that annoys me are the people saying "Yeah the woman are putting the men to shame!" '

That's as maybe.

What puts the men to shame is how much our women care.
    They don't have the skill levels of men, that's a given, but by Christ the women shame the men in terms of attitude.

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Canada is sad today after the loss, but I'm glad it was England, and I hope they can win the whole things like the boys of summer 66.

7. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Compared to the mens game its a million miles away, but the ladies are doing our country proud, the effort & determination & no lack of skill, is a pleasure to see, they are all giving their heart & soul for their country, their coaching staff, Mark Sampson, their families & of course them self's...you have done us proud girls.

8. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Our England team don't need the women to make them look dumb.
    They just have to wait for the finals to arrive