1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Things We Think We Think #257

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC, May 22, 2017.

1. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

1. What a truly vile, humiliating end to the season. Nobody doubts that Tottenham Hotspur are a fine side, but the way Hull City, a team of professionals supposedly to the end, rolled over and surrendered was utterly unforgivable. It was hard to not be furious with everyone who took part in that sorry, repulsive, cringeworthy ****show in the immediate aftermath.

2. Upon reflection though…poor David Marshall. Inevitably there will be those who will allot him a large portion of blame for City’s record home defeat, but actually he had a decent enough game and can’t be held responsible for the supine attitude of those in front on him.

3. Hopefully Josh Tymon can put Saturday afternoon behind him. The young lad was given a torrid time against the Premier League’s most potent attack and such a day could have a deleterious mental impact. He is likely to have a large role to play in the Championship.

4. But the picture is always bigger, and that leads us to our foul ownership, a family that has managed to take a successful, admirable, happy football club with a united support and transmogrify it into a murky, immoral, cruel, squalid, estranged and risible outfit that gives no hoots at all to anything except its own ego. People are trampled on, politics rule, strategies are fallacious, communities forgotten or ignored, and at the very top, we have a man of narcissism and incompetence, a cocktail that is hugely dangerous as far as the well-being of the club and those who work for it or invest their feelings in it are concerned.

5. If City can start pre-season with a threadbare senior squad after a promotion, what’s going to happen after relegation and the likely loss of the entire coaching staff? There is deep sense of foreboding about the summer ahead.

6. Consequently, the removal of the Allam family remains the most important thing on the Tiger Nation’s agenda. However, despite near-universal disapproval of them and their contemptible methods, the appetite for a sustained campaign against them isn’t easy to detect. At present, we feel a weary and disillusioned set of supporters – not beaten, because we will never be beaten by their ilk, but in need of a serious summer re-energising.

7. To accomplish that will require proper organisation. All ideas are welcome…

8. Marco Silva remains the favourite for the vacant Watford job. However, if their owners (and others) were watching City’s last three games, might he now find a return to the Premier League as easy as it’d have seemed just three weeks ago? We wonder.

9. Before we finish, we ought to make room to wish well a proper professional and a fine servant to Hull City on the announcement of his retirement from football this week. Richard Garcia was an underrated player during his five seasons with City – sometimes devastating down the right flank, scorer and provider of important and great goals during the 2007/08 promotion campaign and a hardy contributor during more difficult and less glorified times afterwards. Hopefully he’ll find cause to fly over for the Wembley Day tenth anniversary celebrations (which we suspect the club won’t acknowledge, as they don’t like history) next year.

10. Bradford cocked it up over the weekend, but next season will be a season filled with Yorkshireness – both Sheffield clubs (with the blue half no doubt clogging the M18 with their six billion fans), Leeds, Barnsley and possibly Huddersfield, depending on the outcome of the play-off final. We’ve got some great days out ahead in 2017/18, and they will remain great days out irrespective of who owns, coaches or plays for our club. A club is and should always be defined by its supporters, and we’ve got supporters who make us immensely proud. Times may be volatile and uncertain right now, but come August, we’ll be ready to do it again, because that’s who we are and what we do. It’s in the blood, isn’t it?

http://www.ambernectar.org/blog/2017/05/things-we-think-we-think-257/

Kempton likes this.
  2. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

As usual O'G, a very well thought and executed appraisal. I'm glad you did it, because i'm sure many, myself included are still reliving the horror in my head. Still as you say, bring on 2017/18 we will never be beaten that those who hold the stick.

3. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Number 7. Is violence aimed at them an option? Organised of course otherwise it would just falter. Anyone on here know somebody?

:emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0146-punch

4. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

I'm choosing to look at the Spurs game as a blessing in disguise, now no one will want Silva, Tymon or any of the other larkers on the pitch........genius move......errrr, that's about all the straws that can be clutched at.

TIGERSCAVE and pudseytiger like this.
  5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Absolutely spot on.

6. Evington

Silva is gone. We are in free fall.

7. GlassHalfHull

GlassHalfHull Well-Known Member

I was going to post this:

"I'm still struggling to understand how scoring seven goals can seem so easy. I was brought up to be used to some fairly abject City performances, and lately became accustomed to graft and a bit of flair now and then. Yesterday was so poor it defies an explanation, but it's not stopping us from seeking one.

As a team we failed badly and now badly need something to bring us back together. It is hard to disagree with the sentiments of today's TWTWT, but what's the answer? Ehab isn't likely to have a brain transplant this close season, Assem won't fancy taking a loss on his investment, and a benevolent white knight won't ride in to save the club from America or China. We may need to be prepared to endure and oppose a few more years under these horrendous people before we rebuild.

If they leave sooner then let the rebuilding begin. It won't be easy, and it's not about masking division with shiny EPL badges on shirtsleeves. Meanwhile something fundamental is rotten in this club and we all know what it is; the Allam family.

We need to oppose them and their appeasers proudly and vociferously and win the most important battle this club has ahead of it; getting rid of them."

But then I couldn't be bothered. It's only football, and we lost.

8. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Don't worry Escab 'as promised' will keep supporters fully informed of events as they unfold during the summer..

9. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Even though it was an abject performance we were just out classed yesterday. The first 2 goals was like and injured animal being devoid by Lions. Tymon for example lost the ball and the ferocity Spurs went for the jugular in getting forward to kill us is with the goal was frightening.

10. Evington

I am with glass half full (perhaps a change of username would be appropriate now), we should at least expect some bloody fight. You cannot beat a football team at football when they are better than you. Very naïve approach.

11. Evington

His new approach will be fun. They need gate receipts now. Ha ha. Go **** yourself Ehaw.

Kempton likes this.
  12. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

That is why I said the first 2 goals, up to then I thought we did OK, after that the wheels came off.

13. Bergerac28

Bergerac28 Active Member

What do you mean,up till then. They scored on the ten minute mark.