1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This could get interesting!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by banksyisourhero, May 27, 2015.

1. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

2. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

shock, horror, who would have imagined...

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

it s all about timing

4. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Blatter's too slippery to get caught up in this.

Election going ahead - foregone conclusion as he has Africa and Asia all sewn up with block votes

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Will the worms turn

6. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Money talks, wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hold a World Cup for another 100 years despite us having the best football infrastructure and stadiums without having travel 1000's miles between stadiums like the USA

7. banksyisourhero

This is bigger than the previous times.. I reckon some of the canaries might start singing when they are in a cell for a few days, these people are used to lavish lifestyles and won't have experienced this sort of thing!

Please, please don't let Blatter slither out of this!

8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Here's a question everybody needs to ask themselves:

How can the governing body of football have so many senior people charged with corruption and the man in charge be totally unaware of anything?

9. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

I really believe that blatter has lived in some form of blissful ignorance for some years now, where everyone around him tells him what he wants to hear.bear in mind he lives in a world where he swans from palace to 5 star hotel, where everybody creeps up his ars@@@@e, theres no fool like an old fool etc, whats certain is, no way can these elections be allowed to go ahead.
    personally I cant wait to see jack warner try to wriggle out of this one, the mans as bent as a 5 bob note.

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

If any other company was ran like this they would of been shut down years ago

11. banksyisourhero

If thats true (and I for one second don't believe it is) then he is either incompetent, complicit or corrupt himself..

Either way he should not be involved in presidential elections on Friday!

Jack Warner will be singing soon enough.. $10m dollars.. He's looking at 10 years in the US.

12. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Whatever happens I can't see us being awarded the World Cup.

13. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I can guarantee that we ain't the only country saying we could hold this at the drop of a hat.

14. banksyisourhero

I honestly think we should withdraw publicly from any further participation or discussions regarding stepping in to hold either 2018 or 2022 if corruption is proven, our problem is the smaller federations see us as self serving dictators and this was probably true in the past. In order to remove the corruption from FIFA we need to step back and let others take the moral high ground.. I am glad the US are doing the legal investigations as it doesn't seem like sour grapes from us..

I hope to see Blatter in handcuffs before too long.

15. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Linekar had some good strong views linked to this

16. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Moral high ground and the English FA!!! The FA that helped put Blatter in charge in the first place instead of Eufas anti corruption candidate. FA were also very pally with Warner setting up a friendly for him. Kerching.

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

"I think that's a long way off but Bristol needs to be prepared. The re-modified stadium at Ashton Gate will absolutely put the city in the position to bid for this type of event in the future".

At 26/7000 seats it wont be big enough. Stupid twat.

"The whole of Bristol got behind being part of the England bid and the city invested not just time, effort, blood, sweat and tears but cash too, and for there to be no explanation to why that bid didn't get further in the bidding process was appalling."

The whole? It was a waste of money for the distant x even more distant possibility of one game like North Korea v Ivory Coast.

19. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

FIFA won't die from this. They're too big to fall, and when the President of a clearly corrupt company can stay on with no problems whatsoever, and even run for President again with most of the vote, the entire organisation needs to be charged, rather than a select group of "fall guys".

There are some silver lining from this:
    • This is a federal crime. The percentage of people charged after being arrested for federal crimes is above 90%. People WILL go down for this, and if this is just the start I think we'll see a lot of people, Blatter included, spend the rest of their lives in a US prison.
    • The FBI wouldn't get involved in a federal case if there wasn't rock solid evidence. This is pretty much an admission that the corruption can be proved.
    • If this is linked to the bids for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups then each bidding country has every legal right to sue FIFA and claim back the money spent on the bid. Including inflation. If everyone does this, especially after the vast majority of FIFA's laundered assets are seized they will be in ruins. Their place in football becomes irrelevant if they have no money.
    To be honest, I think FIFA needs to be completely overhauled and be turned into a "fans union". Have nations donate a set amount each year based on fan income, offer FIFA membership to all fans, and have the fans vote on FIFA related matters alongside an elected board of football experts.

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member