1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

This is Great News

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Kifflom!, May 18, 2017.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Questionable 2nd yellow card offences and straight red cards from open play should be included IMO .

trundles left foot likes this.
  2. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Deffo great news, absolutely hate it and it kills our game. Good to see them using the same word as Clement, deceived, maybe he's had some input into this?

Would also love to see cards and sin bins for descent and gobbing off at officials, surrounding officials sway a refs decision.

Basically, anything footballers do that turns them into kids throwing a tantrum. Send em off

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Video evidence is instant these days and should only be used if the ref is absolutely unsure about the incident.....Im happy with goal technology that has proven to work well but we need to keep all decisions by the ref if he makes his decision.....If he is unsure then he should be the only one to indicate like they do in Rugby League that he wants the 4th official to look at the incident and make the decision. This can be done very quickly today but i dont want to see this happening right through the game and the ref's decision should always take president and final......too much technology will result in spoiling the game....

4. seabreeze

What if he's absolutely unsure about the call and he guesses ....or what if he sure about the call and he's wrong , like in the Rashford case .

5. swanseaandproud

His decisions all that counts and should be final whether you think he is wrong or not....your or my opinion is irrelevant...

6. seabreeze

Dinosaur thinking dai

Stereo likes this.
  7. swanseaandproud

We cant all be refs can we .....We may or may not agree with the Ref but his is the only decision that counts and thats how it should be...

8. seabreeze

Unless proven absolutely wrong by video . I thought that was the point to all this .

9. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

But Dai, for the vast majority of the decisions his will still be the only one that counts. It's only proposed on a limited basis for key, match changing moments. Too much at stake these days and refs would welcome the help. The pace of the game is lightning quick and it's sometimes impossible to make a judgment.

I can understand the traditionalists' point of view but I feel it's almost inevitable.

10. swanseaandproud

Help only if he (the Ref) asks for it and not before.....The ref must have full control of decisions without exemption.

11. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think the TV ref should be able to inform the ref he's got it wrong. In the Rashford case the ref thought he was 100% right, but he was 100% wrong. The TV ref should be able to intervene in such decisions.

If we'd beaten Man Utd in that match we would have finished above Palace - that equates to another £1.9 million in prize money.
    That ****en awful decision has cost us nearly 2 million quid. It's ridiculous.

12. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

THIS^^^^^^<applause>

13. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

How much longer do we have to put up with incompetent reffing ffS ! It's terrible every season and the amount of money involved makes people very suspicious of lots of dodgy decisions taken by to many refs these days ! We all know the worst ones and almost without fail they **** us over every time we get them !!
    Video ref NOW !

14. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I am with Stereo on this and cant understand why there isn't a 5th official watching the game and can call some of these bad decisions, instantly with no one knowing it has been looked at. In the Rashford case that could have been reversed in 10 seconds or the ref could have waited 10 seconds and never given the pen with someone watching mic'd up and informing him. I agree it wont work for everything, but it has to be put in for something's, if for nothing else other than to help the referees from making themselves look incompetent. But there is a lot of money at stake and for those who say they even themselves out. they don't.

seabreeze and swantastic like this.