1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts on the membership scheme

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by mplooney, Mar 13, 2017.

1. mplooney

mplooney Well-Known Member

Has anyone been thinking about the Membership scheme given that this is the time of year when we would usually be thinking about renewing season tickets?

Other clubs are already announcing their pricing structures but as always we are being kept in the dark.

With that in mind I'm now wondering whether to give the 3 months notice on my membership rather than paying all over the summer and risk whether the scheme will still be in place next season.
    I know they will charge a new joiners membership fee if its still in place but that might be less than the cost of paying through the summer or they might just see sense and get rid of it (there was a fair bit of sarcasm in that statement)

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I have heard they are planning on re-introducing concessions for next season, although this may be another of their false, self started, rumours.

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Tell us more??!!

4. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

If the re-joining fee is less than your 2 x monthly payments and you're prepared for the fact that your seat might be sold then it makes sense to think about it.

Unless there's a loyalty scheme in place for next season that has yet to be announced

5. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I heard that anyone who thinks the Jak is a good goalie clearly only watches half the game, so will receive deduction

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

That's it Chazz, I was told, by somebody in Hull, that they're planning on having concessions next season.

Maybe because there's a chance the PLs rules will be amended to make them unchallengeable or we may be in the FL & need the money when the PLWs cancel their Memberships.

TWT

7. Chazz Rheinhold

If it was at the snooker club then fine or a taxi driver. If not...

8. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

The only thought I have is it is a ****ing ****e idea.

9. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

its obvious they're going to hold off announcing prices as long as possible, citing uncertainty over what league we'll be in. No difference to previous seasons.

A rolling membership/season ticket scheme is a good idea, it's the zoning, pricing and concession nonsense that spoils this one. Sort that and get rid of the joining fee for new folk, and it would be fine.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

<ok>

11. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

So you would like everything as it was, plus the possibility to spread the cost over time? but you could do that with the direct debit payment.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The traditional season pass system is an antiquated and inefficient system, where you have to go through the whole rigmarole of getting everyone to sign up again ahead of each season.

The membership scheme was an excellent way to get round this and set up something far more sensible, they just ****ed it up with the pricing and forcing people to move.

13. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

The ability to join and leave at any time is a good move - encourages people who may not want to commit to a full season, and then hopefully they end up staying with it.

14. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I like the idea that if he pisses us off that we can choose to ditch it with a couple of months notice. As a business idea, its ridiculous. And he cant claim he was trying to give supporters the choice, as they haven't done that in any action since they have been here. Just badly thought out, but is probably the crux of the 'membership' idea, that you can cancel.

15. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

If he puts my seat up , I'm going to do the same I do with Sky and tell them they can't justify a rise with no champions league football

Cortez91 and PLT like this.
  16. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Bollocks
    The traditional "season pass system" is not antiquated or inefficient
    I have always (well recent years) paid my season pass as a monthly direct debit...All they needed to do was write to everyone saying 'we're going to take it over 12 months and do you mind signing a form to say we'll roll it on every year until you tell us to stop (like a mobile phone contract) and that would have been that...sorted

Scheme is ****

17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's pretty much exactly what the scheme would be, without all the pricing and zoning nonsense. That's the point he's making.

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactl, with the added benefit of not having to write to people every year.

19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Bring back consessions or **** off.

HHH, cannon67, guitartrax and 3 others like this.
  20. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

It's not inefficient for me, I want (as I always did do) to pay for my season pass in one lump sum. Most businesses would be more than happy to take hundreds of pounds up front, rather than run the risk of 'customers' walking away from a direct debit. Of course, most businesses wouldn't wait seven months before answering a simple question as to whether or not Away Direct would operate this season, as the onanists did with myself!

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

Kempton likes this.