1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tigers Down Under Podcasts

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by SydneyTiger14, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

So we have a big announcement regarding something special we're doing for the Crystal Palace game - have a listen!

2. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Thanks again to you Alex, and to Dan and Logan, for another very interesting and comprehensive Podcast of the West Ham/Boro wins. I was particularly interested in your comments on Markovic because they confirmed what I have been thinking about his play, and his remarkable ability to stay on his feet after being challenged hard for the ball. Its almost reminiscent of the great Georgie Best's incredible riding through tackles and balance on the ball, in fact he is physically quite similar to Georgie.

Markovic main weakness is his covering back, although he's improved that aspect of his game considerably in recent games. I'd really like to see him played up front though where his speed, agility, and eye for the short pass in the penalty area could be most effective, partnered with Niasse or Hernandez. That would allow Grosicki to use his speed at RW and put in more accurate crosses and let Robertson move up to LW with young Tymon at LB.

Good luck with your Crystal Palace game podcast in Sydney. They are going to be a very tough nut to crack!!

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Creep.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  4. SydneyTiger14

Not sure what in his kind feedback led you to that response?

5. SydneyTiger14

Thank you! Yes Markovic has improved a lot and that ability to stay on his feet is something I've really noticed in the last few games is a great quality to have.

As for the palace game, thanks! I'll try and promote it a bit more heavily as it comes up to it but hopefully we can get a decent audience for the live podcast!

Thanks as always for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  6. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

<laugh> It wasn't a serious comment.

7. SydneyTiger14

Obviously, just not sure what the point was as it wasn't overly humorous either. Seemed an attempt at belittling someone who takes the time to listen to and review the podcast. But I've probably misread it.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  8. SydneyTiger14

Our latest episode is up! We cover the disappointment of losing to Manchester City, as well as looking ahead to the Stoke City fixture where a win would pull Stoke into the relegation fight. We also discuss Sam Clucas' brilliant form this season and his time at the club in general.

9. SydneyTiger14

Logan and I cover another disappointing defeat on the road to Stoke, while we looked ahead to the game against Watford and the stakes riding on it. Harry Maguire is our player of the week, and what a player!

10. Quill

Quill Bastard

I've just noticed I listen to about 7 or 8 different podcasts regularly and only two of them aren't Australian.

Weird.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.

11. SydneyTiger14

Amber Nectar and Collider?

12. Quill

Quill Bastard

I watch Collider rather than listen, same with SK.

Honestly I don't listen to Amber Nectar. (Sorry)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  13. SydneyTiger14

Oh right I just interpreted that as still being a podcast. How good have the Schmoedowns been lately?!

No need to apologise - presuming that was directed at me - although I do find them a pretty good listen.

Quill likes this.
  14. SydneyTiger14

Logan and I discuss THAT red card, as well as a huge show of character against Watford. We also preview a big away day at St Mary's, while discussing Adama Diomande's time at City and what the future holds for him.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  15. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Thanks again Alex and Logan for your thoughts on what was potentially a crucial short-handed win over Watford, and the outlook for tomorrows game at Southampton. The win was certainly a nail-biter, and personally I was feeling pretty gloomy at half-time with Swansea leading and us down to 10-men after Madley's moment of madness. You both seem quite confident that we may take something out of the Southampton game. I would probably be happy if we can keep it close and eliminate the two goal differential with Swansea if they lose heavily to Man U, but a point would be a huge bonus.

Diomande has become almost the forgotten man on Silva's roster which seems a little unfair given his strong work rate in the games prior to his dropping from the bench and the fact that he has two excellent goals in the Goal of the Season competition. While Henriksen for example may be a more technically proficient and elegant player, I'm not sure that Diomande would not be more useful as a late sub in three of the four remaining games.

I would be very pleased, but surprised, if Markovic could be bought for the 8-12 mill. which you mentioned. That would be a great buy IMO. Lets hope Klopp is feeling generous. Unfortunately I'll be in the air over Iceland tomorrow when the games on so will have to wait till landing in Seattle to hear the result. Lets hope your optimism proves accurate!!!

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Roster?

No, no, no, we simply can't have that sort of terminology on here.

Madness.

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

We had a little red one, but we had to get rid as it was too lazy to cross the day.

tigerscanada likes this.
  18. OedipusTex

OedipusTex Well-Known Member

Not to worry. Just consider where we are in the standings and look at the remaining schedule.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Behave. :emoticon-0145-shake

OedipusTex likes this.
  20. SydneyTiger14

I feel like I've missed something, what's wrong with CANADATIGER's terminology?