1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tigers' history

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Craigo, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Play that on a loop and you would soon get a prisoner to confess to anything. And risk being hauled up on human rights law regarding cruel and inhumane punishment.

2. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I was grossly offended when the rabid mob of angry BHA fans sang back 'I can see you having a row'
    Insinuating that I take the missus to football with me.

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Good thread ruined

4. Barchullona

No need to apologise.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  5. Barchullona

I heard Scousers had to have counselling when fans of London clubs sang about sign on with hope in your heart 'cos you'll never work again...

6. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

This is the point at which this thread got derailed.
    A 'disgusting' chant is 'Who's that lying on the runway, who's that dying in the snow?' It mocks a plane crash and makes fun of the dead of a specific football club.
    A 'poor taste' chant would be 'You're just a townful of smackheads' and 'You're just a townful of bombers'. They are designed to offend/insult the opponents' city or town.
    If Hull is reduced to being a poverty-stricken drug-riddled backwater, then similarly London can be reduced to a city harbouring multiple terrorists.
    These songs are designed to offend/ insult/annoy. They are civic digs, not gloating in death.
    DQPR (think about that name) are the thin-skinned snowflakes who couldn't take what they were happy to give.
    This isn't Lords or Wimbledon, it's earthy aggressive stuff which goes very near the knuckle.

7. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

Agreed - spoiled by the usual set of dick waving ****s who ruin so many threads.

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  8. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

I was a Good News Traveler, never suffered any racism, we did have one black kid in our mob, everyone called him Enoch, was an affectionate nickname more than racist and didn't bother him.

9. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Getting back on track or more appropriately the bus, interesting how much is made of increasing the number of away fans to the 2 - 300 level. As a club we had been doing ok on the pitch and yet the support was for the most part rubbish, many teams came with thousand of fans, those were the places we took the least.

DMD likes this.
  10. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

If you can't see what's wrong with "you're just a town full of bombers" days after a terrorist strike on their city, then I think you need to leave the planet. Regardless of whether it was chanted to upset fans or not, it did just that. Football isn't a place for stuff like that, it's ****ing disgraceful. People died, it was close to home for us in Hull, never mind those coming up from London. It was embarrassing and hopefully those responsible got what was coming to them. Hull being called a ****hole and London being responsible for harbouring terrorists are NOT and never will be the same thing, thanks to our little friend context. Context is wonderful, because the context of civic aesthetics and the context of terrorist attacks are very, very different and have very different undertones. Chanting about one's City can be taken on the chin, I don't think anybody is going to get the **** kicked out of them for saying Hull isn't very nice. "A town full of bombers" sounds very accusing, like it was their fault and as much as I can't stand pointless violence, those chanters need their throats ripping out.

Disgusting and poor taste might as well be the same thing, it's just shades of the same problem.

11. Steven Toast

Meh. I like it.

12. balkan tiger

Will you **** off out of my thread.

Go make your own thread as i suggested to discuss what is offensive to some but not others.

13. balkan tiger

Friday night is music night.

14. Barchullona

Each to their own. I love Janis Joplin but can understand why others don't.

15. the_jiggler

the_jiggler Member

There was also Webber brothers,once saw them confuse some lincoln skinheads by seig heiling in response to been seig heiled at.

DMD likes this.
  16. Steven Toast

Niet.

My video game thread was ruined.

17. City Man

I gave up after about the 3rd line of this . Epic virtue-signalling and grandstanding.
    Not sure football is the game for you.

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  18. City Man

He's still a regular. Was on a Look North vox pop the other night after the Borough win.

DMD likes this.
  19. the_jiggler

the_jiggler Member

You may not know this,but after that chant dqpr went on all london club forums to basically get them to gang up on us,they were ignored,infact Millwall were'nt happy with us as they had plans to use that chant against leeds.

20. Steven Toast

It's got nothing to do with virtue and everything about tact. Which clearly you don't have a problem with lacking. If my expectations of people are higher than yours then so be it, just don't be surprised if people call you out on it.