1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Time for Unity

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Hub, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

SC needs to sit down with board of directors and agree a sensible transfer policy.
    The fans need to accept the following:
    1. Our income does not allow us to go wild in transfer market, it just does not add up to the
    expectations of supporters.
    2. SL is putting some major dosh into the stadium which will ultimately create this additional income.
    3. We are only a few games into a new season, not a time for a panic or arguments.
    4. The loan market will allow us to take players without committing to mega money purchases
    which could be detrimental to the clubs future. Try before you buy.
    5. We cannot compete with the ex premier league teams financially
    6. We all need to be a bit more patient.

banksyisourhero likes this.
  2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

The thing is we are a nats whisker away from being a really good side,a quality no9 who has the shirt waiting for him,a top midfielder like wade,who can dictate the game,Korey needs a hand in there.
    Williams looks suspect so far,we need another quality defender.
    Then i think we can compete in this league.
    We are not far of a excellent side

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    robin_unreliant likes this.
  3. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Or in other words, we are 3 x 2million + signings away from a mid-table.
    And they have to be very good ones

FACT
    This should have been done back in May
    …but then I think that fact has been well documented now

gdknac likes this.
  4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Yep 9 million on one player gray is insane,the guy did not get a sniff on Saturday
    Spend that on all the positions required,but as you say should have been done pre -season as we have already said.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  5. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

Absolutely agree with all that Hub. Get pulling together with a realistic , sensible, affordable recruitment plan before it' s too late. So much time wasted - hopefully we can still recover it though.

6. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there is any disunity - it's all gossip on social media - not seen one concrete piece of evidence

Redandy likes this.
  7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Sadly smbh your comments are right when it comes to concrete evidence and regrettably the same comment should apply to us actually getting new players. Show me the money they say and all I ask is put your well intentioned words in to some concrete action - is that too much to ask after the support and encouragement doled out last season from the fans? Shock us for goodness sake but don't break the bank on losers.

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It's not even a case of signing over inflated player prices for millions of pounds.

It's just a case of finding the right players to blend with what we have already, and this goes for on and off the park.

9. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

If I’m honest I’m getting a bit weary of the negativity and the BCFC bashing that is going on so far this season and if this labels me as a happy clapper then so be it although I would just like to make several points
    1. The Championship is harder than League One. Who knew eh?
    2. This team is better and playing better football than the team that was relegated in 2013.
    3. Apart from probably the Sheffield Wednesday game City have competed in all the other matches and with a bit more composure, luck and savvy defending we would/should have more than 4 points.
    4. The squad is thin, worrying so but I would rather have a thin squad than a squad full of journeymen squad players who are eating up the wage budget on 3 to 4 year contracts. Cotterell has learnt the hard way with El-Abd and so if we need to bolster the squad with loan players until we get the right permanent signing for the right money on the right contact than I’m happy to go down that route
    5. Now when it comes to Lansdown money I feel I’m in a no lose situation as generally I would prefer the club to stand on his own two feet but if he wants to treat us to a £6m to £9m striker then I won’t turn my nose up at it either.
    6. The transfer window has been disappointing (although the two signings yesterday has improved it too slightly less disappointing) but we need to remember a number of things, nobody knows the true amounts of our bids, the contracts offered or the reasons we were turned down. People are just plucking figures/reasons of out of the air and beating the board with them with no evidence that these figures/reasons are accurate.
    7. Youngsters improve, I know Bobby Reid and Wes Burns weren’t capable of getting into our League One side last season but they are another year older with more Football League experience now. My own personal feelings is that Bobby is more capable of stepping up to the plate than Wes but I’m certainly not going to write either off just yet.
    We had a tremendous season last season and did anyone honestly really expect this season was going to be as good as that? What I see is that we have is a decent young team (apart from Grandad Wilbraham) playing decent football who are being punished for mistakes, which in most part they got away with it last season . Iron out the mistakes and I’m sure we will especially with the signings yesterday and we will be comfortable enough this season in order for us to push on in seasons to come. I think its speaks volumes that fans of other sides, I work with both Leeds and Burnley supporters who saw those games, are far more complementary about our performances than our own fans. This is supposed to be a SUPPORTERS forum (and don’t get me started on OTIB) and yes I know forums are supposed to have healthy debate and if things are not going well then people have every right to voice their concerns but are things really that bad? Call me cynical but some people seem to have an agenda when it comes to bashing the club. We’ve only had the first month of season and we’ve made signings, we’re not in the relegation zone and we’ve gone away to one of the favourites for promotion and beaten them. Doesn’t sound too shabby to me? Sorry for the long post, it just got away from me a bit. Anyway I need to do some work.
    Loathsneyd
    Happy Clapper<applause>

10. National N1

National N1 Active Member

The overall first 11 are as good as any in this division on there day, But the squad as a whole is currently weaker than the squad that got us up and i don't think many will argue with that, although a couple of signings and that would be sorted out.

I think the we probably went for players that were a bit beyond us at the moment, I would personally of liked us to have poached some of the better players we came up against in league one last season but we didn't and i understand why they went for the players they chose to go after, Right guys wrong time.

Nobody really knows the extent of what is paid to players at this club, And the there are 16 ex prem teams in the championship is just an excuse for struggling in my mind I'm sure all 16 of them are not still receiving parachute payments, and **** em were Bristol city we have more potential than 90% of them and the same goes for the gas in league 2

11. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Nice post loathsneyd and your points are well written and well accepted. The moaners, of which I can be one from time to time, only have the best interests of Bristol City at heart and their comments are just a bigger sign of their commitment to the club.

The Championship to me is a crossroad where serious decisions need to be made in a dog eat dog world where some of the chosen are given a bigger stick than the rest, to ward off interlopers. We don't have a big stick but remember that mythical bloke who defeated the larger mythical bloke by using common sense and not brute force? I put us in to that category because we are somewhat forced to cut our cloth to suit our purse and although that may not satisfy a lot of the punters it is the reality of who we are, and until the supporting infrastructure changes significantly, that's where we shall remain.

12. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Is it helpful though Mike? Just what does it achieve?

Spot on Loathsneyd.. absolutely spot on! Nailed it.

13. Angelicnumber16

SImples

It's a free country and thankfully people in years gone by fought and won the war with the Nazi's to ensure that you and your kids can live in a democracy and not under an iron fist.

If we were all forced to think, do, and write the same as one another, this board wouldn't exist as it would serve no purpose.

People's different points of view and opinions on City in particular, and football in general is what this forum is all about ?

Isn't it ??

14. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

I am a happy clapper sometimes but am often a slightly pessimistic realist. Sixty six years as a City fan have made me very wary of getting too excited about the future.
    That doesn't mean I am being negative. Just a bit more aware that at City the worst can happen without warning.

15. banksyisourhero

Cant quite see how spending all your spare time slating the football club you are supposed to support and mining misinformation and repeating it as fact has any relation to the reasons why my Dad went up the Normandy beaches to defeat the Nazis to be honest.

The list of reasons Loathsneyd has given for his opinion are consistent with mine, he hasn't denied the right for people to question the club if they feel things aren't right, what he is questioning is whats really that wrong? No one can deny the transfer window could have been better, but surely no one can deny last season couldn't have been better..

Some people need to get a little realistic and maybe cheer up a bit, we have a lot to be grateful for.

Ask the Sags!

BrightredRickster likes this.
  16. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

OOOH yes I like it Loathsneyd, a man after my own heart in your thoughts, optimistic, good man

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I agree with a very sensible, honest and absolutely correct comment but I also reserve the right of any of our fans to express an opinion of dissatisfaction if they have one, I for one think an element of complacency has crept into the fabric of certain levels of our club and this has caused the swift kick up the ass that we have all felt.

The quality improvements are now obviously happening but still need to continue, as I have stated elsewhere patience is necessary but all opinions are valid, let the season develop before criticisms of failure, we have stepped up a level and are still in transition but we must stand to be judged on quality soon.

In the mean time Up the City and and all of their team on and off the field.

18. Angelicnumber16

Not saying we don't, but I am still defending my right to express my own point of view whether you agree with what I say or not. I don't do it to get your endorsement.

So it's quite easy. If you don't like what I write, then don't read or respond to it.

19. banksyisourhero

Who's said you require my endorsement? isn't reading it or responding to it part of the free country democracy and point of the forum you were defending in your earlier post?

Or is it just a one way street for the moaners?

By the way, I wasn't responding to you.. I was asking Mike a genuine question. and putting my point of view in to the debate!